Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Big Ol' MoP thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=18618)

Omacron 11-02-2011 04:09 PM

The Big Ol' MoP thread

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GGAg16fJ8n...hm_stanley.jpg

DreamingGod 11-02-2011 04:11 PM

I was waiting for this to pop up. :D

The Cata thread was -so- popular, and helpful. Only natural we have an MoP one.

Falarson 11-02-2011 04:11 PM

:D
Yay! Back to the good ol' days of browsing pages and pages for alpha leaks and shit :P

Exxile87 11-02-2011 04:15 PM

I am absolutely coming back for MoP. I may come back sooner, but I feel like I need a break from WoW. Still, the allure of my pandaren, draenei Monk, and PokeWoW is too strong. But mostly the Monk.

http://cdn.huntsmanslodge.com/wp-con...monk_class.jpg

AndyJP 11-02-2011 04:16 PM

Well what is everyone's favorite mop? I would like to transmogrify my mop into a Dyson steam mop.

Shaman 11-02-2011 04:17 PM

Doesn't seem to have the same kind of gravitas as the Big Cataclysm thread.

HalfElfDragon 11-02-2011 04:19 PM

Y U NO CAPITALIZE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 378036)
Also, just so I'm clear, when the MoP alpha goes up, we WILL be honoring Blizzard's NDA just as we did with Cata, up until the NDA drops in late beta.

Incoming Lon-ami hate in 3... 2...

Exxile87 11-02-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahmoo (Post 378045)
Doesn't seem to have the same kind of gravitas as the Big Cataclysm thread.

That's because some idiots don't grasp the epicness of the pandaren.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs19/f/20...y_UdonCrew.jpg

handclaw 11-02-2011 04:23 PM

http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...y_UdonCrew.jpg

STORM EARTH AND FIRE!

(I hope monks get a spell for that somehow..... : P )

Falarson 11-02-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 378036)
Also, just so I'm clear, when the MoP alpha goes up, we WILL be honoring Blizzard's NDA just as we did with Cata, up until the NDA drops in late beta.

I remember when the first Faceless in Kalimdor were posted here during the Alpha. They were from Flushflaxor's formus (or something), but I kind of remember them here, or people discusing it here at least o.o

Mutterscrawl 11-02-2011 04:26 PM

That picture's always made me wonder why a goblin would work with a satyr.

Not that it'd be a moral thing just... what would a satyr pay with?

Ku'ja 11-02-2011 04:31 PM

I cannot wait !

Now do you think the Sha will be a entity of a new Old God ?

DreamingGod 11-02-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku'ja (Post 378057)
I cannot wait !

Definitely, The Sha totally fit the Old God's MO.

Ku'ja 11-02-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamingGod (Post 378061)
Definitely, The Sha totally fit the Old God's MO.

Yup and i love the fact that the Pandaren seem to be so peaceful because they had to hold in there anger to prevent the Sha which has basically made them the way they are today.

It could be the Old God that cloaked Pandaria and would help lead up to a major Old God expansion :D.

Vil'rexin 11-02-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku'ja (Post 378057)
I cannot wait !

*Sigh* Most likely that or N'zoth. Gonna bet the Sha is this new Old God/N'zoths way of trying to corrupt things through hatred and has been pretty unsuccessful until we arrive on the scene.

Cantus 11-02-2011 04:46 PM

As right as you probably are kasarax, I still really hope it's not another "OG did it!" moment. Yeah they can certainly have their moments, same with the Legion, but I'd really prefer we started setting up other antagonists that aren't quite so easy to shoe-horn into everything.

Arakiba 11-02-2011 04:49 PM

I'm sure we'll have some new enemies in MoP (hope so, anyway), but I do think the Old Gods (or one of them, anyway) will show up a lot. The Sha, and definitely with the Mantids. Just screams Old God to me.

Ku'ja 11-02-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 378067)
I'm sure we'll have some new enemies in MoP (hope so, anyway), but I do think the Old Gods (or one of them, anyway) will show up a lot. The Sha, and definitely with the Mantids. Just screams Old God to me.

I like the fact that there will be a Old God involved (maybe) since it connects it to the rest of the world plus they have been building them up for awhile as the big bad.

Dithon1 11-02-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku'ja (Post 378068)
I like the fact that there will be a Old God involved (maybe) since it connects it to the rest of the world plus they have been building them up for awhile as the big bad.

I sort of miss the Legion. :sweatdrop:

Garotar 11-02-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantus (Post 378066)
As right as you probably are kasarax, I still really hope it's not another "OG did it!" moment. Yeah they can certainly have their moments, same with the Legion, but I'd really prefer we started setting up other antagonists that aren't quite so easy to shoe-horn into everything.

I would agree with this. As much as the Old Gods should probably not be forgotten, I don't really want the Sha connected to them at all. I think it's more interesting if the Sha are some unique phenomenon that is not connected to anything else we've really seen.

Ku'ja 11-02-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dithon1 (Post 378086)
I sort of miss the Legion. :sweatdrop:

I don't see them having a huge scale attack without KJ, Mephistroth or Sargaras himself since they failed the previous times. The Old Gods are a lot different because there home planet is Azeroth.

Vil'rexin 11-02-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garotar (Post 378088)
I would agree with this. As much as the Old Gods should probably not be forgotten, I don't really want the Sha connected to them at all. I think it's more interesting if the Sha are some unique phenomenon that is not connected to anything else we've really seen.

Maybe...like...the Sha is Azeroth removing all of the nasty essence of hatred and war that has seeped inside of the planet and is now using it against us because we keep making it worse.

Yea...

Omacron 11-02-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasarax (Post 378094)
Maybe...like...the Sha is Azeroth removing all of the nasty essence of hatred and war that has seeped inside of the planet and is now using it against us because we keep making it worse.

Yea...

The question is, of course, why do sha only appear in Pandaria?

Ooh, here's something I just thought of: do we know if any Sha appear on the wandering isle or not? That would confirm whether sha have a connection to Pandaren CULTURE or just the geographic location of PANDARIA.

Garotar 11-02-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasarax (Post 378094)

Yea...

Or it's connected to the spell the last Emperor used to shroud Pandaria in the mists like the official site hints. :P

Falarson 11-02-2011 05:57 PM

YES! YES! They finally updated the Annual Pass for LA!
I'll be posting MoP stuff during the beta and making videos in spanish for anyone interested :D