Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Video Game Industry News, Discussions, and Misc Fun Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=186505)

Arashi 06-10-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 856256)
M$ better head to the pokemart for some fucking Burn Heal.

While at the Poke'Mart, Microsoft turned to the left to see Miyamoto and Masuda swimming with glee in the cash they banked with the new Pokemon game. Microsoft turns away, eyes squeezed shut as a single tear runs down his cheek. His mind a whirlwind of anguish as they try to figure out where it all went wrong.

The cashier rings up the bill for the Burn Heal, the item desperately needed as a result of the days activities.

"That will be 250 Pokémon Dollar's."

Microsoft sniffles and wipes the tear off of his cheek. Now is not the time for tears. He must show strength, even in times of hardship and adversity. He reaches into his pocket in order to retrieve his money and to his shock there was nothing.

"Do you have the money?" The cashier asked. A man from behind let out an impatient cough.

"I'm short a few dollars." Microsoft replied with a shaky voice. He begins to look around, giving other customers a pleading look for charity, but everyone averted their eyes.

In desperation he turned toward Miyamoto, continuing to play in the vast amounts of money with Masuda and shouted. "Miyamoto, can you spare some change?"

The Japanese man immediately stopped his current activity. His head slowly turns in the direction of Microsoft who had a look of utter despair, clutching his rear with one hand where the burn was applied.

With his trademark grin that millions of people from around the word love, Miyamoto simply said. "No."

Commander Rotal 06-10-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

I'm actually the opposite, I hate multiplats. I'd rather have it be exclusive on one system and have everything in it than have to worry about which system may get additional content.
True.

Also i'd be totally fine with having them exclusive on console plus a PC version.

Shaman 06-10-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 856398)
I'm actually the opposite, I hate multiplats. I'd rather have it be exclusive on one system and have everything in it than have to worry about which system may get additional content.

Games should be exclusive because the DLC might also be exclusive? That's circular reasoning, the sensible thing to demand as gamers is as much accessibility as possible.

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahmoo (Post 856416)
Games should be exclusive because the DLC might also be exclusive? That's circular reasoning, the sensible thing to demand as gamers is as much accessibility as possible.

I might agree with this in the future when the console wars are over, because competition is the only reason consoles are reaching this high, and Microsoft would be completely dead in the water right now if it wasn't for their exclusives. I love exclusives, they almost always offer superior experiences because they focus on one system. Take MGS4 for example, the damn thing was so big that Xbox 36o couldn't handle it's magnificence. Whenever I hear "exclusive" the first thing I do is sit down and pay attention because it's usually gonna get interesting. Before people say that Xbox One is dead and shit, just look back at PS3 launch, they will change whatever they need to to become competitive just like PS3 did, it's just going to lag behind for a time.

And with that I bid you fine folks good night.

CoDimus the Staunch 06-10-2013 10:45 PM

Thankfully, it seems that Infinity Ward has finished their Modern Warfare bullshit. I just hope that Ghosts be a good game, and it acts like a new beginning, so that the series that I once liked becomes a good series again.

I am sick of what has happened to Call of Duty. Activision has ruined the game so badly that I wonder whether it is too late to make it popular amongst sensible people.

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 10:52 PM

Think ESO in consoles is a bad idea. It's got the potential to kill any in treat I have.

Omacron 06-10-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

It's accessibility at the cost of completion. If only one game has all the DLC at launch, it means all other editions of the game on other consoles are being sold as an incomplete product. I'd rather they just sell the one complete project, then, rather than perpetuate the idea that selling an incomplete game is permissible.

HalfElfDragon 06-10-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reignac (Post 856346)
Kingdom Hearts 3 is on PS4! Of course I didn't expect anything else, but however incredibly unlikely it is I'm hoping for a multiplatform release so I don't need to buy another console. Already got the Wii U.

I'm hoping for that as well, though I'd be surprised. Kingdom Hearts is such a thoroughly multi-platform franchise at this point that it'd feel right.

Volkrin 06-10-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 856454)
It's accessibility at the cost of completion. If only one game has all the DLC at launch, it means all other editions of the game on other consoles are being sold as an incomplete product. I'd rather they just sell the one complete project, then, rather than perpetuate the idea that selling an incomplete game is permissible.

If we can operate under the assumption that exclusivity for the games themselves can be done away with, why are you assuming that the DLC would remain exclusive?

Omacron 06-10-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volkrin (Post 856461)
If we can operate under the assumption that exclusivity for the games themselves can be done away with, why are you assuming that the DLC would remain exclusive?

Because the console producers still have deep pockets?

EdWunclerIII 06-10-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 (Post 856443)
Thankfully, it seems that Infinity Ward has finished their Modern Warfare bullshit. I just hope that Ghosts be a good game, and it acts like a new beginning, so that the series that I once liked becomes a good series again.

I am sick of what has happened to Call of Duty. Activision has ruined the game so badly that I wonder whether it is too late to make it popular amongst sensible people.

I'm probably alone on this, but while I've never been a fan of CoD multiplayer (except Call of Duty 4. I enjoyed that one.), I felt compelled to wait until Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dropped to 12 dollars at my local retailer before I got them just to finish the story.

Ku'ja 06-11-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferlion (Post 856452)
Think ESO in consoles is a bad idea. It's got the potential to kill any in treat I have.

I wouldn't say that considering Skyrim worked well on Consoles and the Ps4/Xbox One can handle essentially any game the PC can right now (this could be a dream for ports) excluding maybe Crysis 3 on its highest settings.

Saranus 06-11-2013 12:30 AM

Please?

http://i.imgur.com/9ms4eAy.jpg?1

Ruinshin 06-11-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku'ja (Post 856536)
I wouldn't say that considering Skyrim worked well on Consoles and the Ps4/Xbox One can handle essentially any game the PC can right now (this could be a dream for ports) excluding maybe Crysis 3 on its highest settings.

Its going to cut into development time, push out patch dates, and more importantly, limit design encounters to be controller friendly.

IF It's done right, there won't be much difference. Oblivion and Skyrim both played well on consoles though, so it may not be all bad.

Anyway, I'm getting pumped for Halo again.. Need to replay the four games before 5 is out next year.

Lord Grimtale 06-11-2013 01:55 AM

This sucks, only reason I want XBox One is because I've wanted a Killer Instinct sequel for years now.

I'm just wondering if it's actually worth it, maybe I should see more of it get unveiled and see how it holds up in recent years. But damn, this is one of my most favorite childhood games on the line, they better not fuck this up.

Pixy 06-11-2013 02:06 AM

Microsoft really shot itself in the foot with their approach. Xbox One doesn't even seem to be a 'gaming' console entirely, more of a TV-console hybrid.
I just wish Sony didn't show so many third party titles and focused on first party titles more.

Time to see what Nintendo has in store for us. If the next Smash Bros has a playable Megaman I'll definitely get a Wii U.

Lord Eliphas 06-11-2013 02:19 AM

Xbox, go home

Sa'danak 06-11-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale (Post 856595)
This sucks, only reason I want XBox One is because I've wanted a Killer Instinct sequel for years now.

I'm just wondering if it's actually worth it, maybe I should see more of it get unveiled and see how it holds up in recent years. But damn, this is one of my most favorite childhood games on the line, they better not fuck this up.

Developers games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Helix_Games

Mostly crap but (apparently) their Silent Hill was ok. Still they're relatively untried and we all know Microsofts current track record.

I would say definitely wait but then again they could release the single greatest game known to man on the Xbone and I wouldn't touch that cancerous piece of tech. So I maaaaaaaaaaaaaay be biased.

SmokeBlader 06-11-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

DLC is bad and shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Lord Grimtale 06-11-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'danak (Post 856723)
Developers games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Helix_Games

Mostly crap but (apparently) their Silent Hill was ok. Still they're relatively untried and we all know Microsofts current track record.

I would say definitely wait but then again they could release the single greatest game known to man on the Xbone and I wouldn't touch that cancerous piece of tech. So I maaaaaaaaaaaaaay be biased.

Kinda sucks if Rare isn't behind it, yeah that leaves me (devastatingly) skeptical.

But man, I'd probably still play it even if it sucked since I'm a big fan of Killer Instinct's characters.

Porimlys 06-11-2013 04:32 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4b406857a...go1_r2_500.gif

Nozdormu 06-11-2013 04:40 AM

Fuck consoles. The PS4 is going to cost ~700$ in Norway. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Pixy 06-11-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Kinda sucks if Rare isn't behind it, yeah that leaves me (devastatingly) skeptical.
Rare went downhill since Microsoft bought it. I mean, I don't like their recent games at all.

Ded Chikn 06-11-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozdormu (Post 856871)
Fuck consoles. The PS4 is going to cost ~700$ in Norway. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Seriously, for $700 you could have a computer that out shines the PS4 in almost every aspect.

Noitora 06-11-2013 05:55 AM

Well this thread escalated quickly.