Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Video Game Industry News, Discussions, and Misc Fun Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=186505)

Arakiba 02-09-2017 03:35 PM

I'd love a new Metroidvania like old. Fuck that stupid Federation Force co-op bullshit they tried to push.

ijffdrie 02-09-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagara (Post 1558853)
Do you like XCOM's gameplay? If No, STOP and be ashamed.

If Yes, do you like JRPG stories and romances? If Yes, PLAY.

If No, STOP.

Seriously, FE is XCOM without the base management but with dating sim elements. :sweatdrop

I guess that also answers the next question, which would have been "Question: XCOM?".

Arakiba 02-09-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijffdrie (Post 1558917)
I guess that also answers the next question, which would have been "Question: XCOM?".

Answer to that is: hope you like the taste of despair!

(Haven't had the chance to get 2, but 1 is fun, if very frustrating at times when something goes wrong (and it will go wrong))

Kellick 02-09-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagara (Post 1558853)
Do you like XCOM's gameplay? If No, STOP and be ashamed.

If Yes, do you like JRPG stories and romances? If Yes, PLAY.

If No, STOP.

Seriously, FE is XCOM without the base management but with dating sim elements. :sweatdrop

That said, I would definitely play an XCOM game which takes place over generations, and requires you to eugenics the hell out of your forces by making sure the right snipers fall in love.

Sagara 02-09-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellick (Post 1558926)
That said, I would definitely play an XCOM game which takes place over generations, and requires you to eugenics the hell out of your forces by making sure the right snipers fall in love.

ITT: Things you never realized you needed in your life.

Mutterscrawl 02-10-2017 07:02 AM

Quote:

Pff don't need love for that, just a gene bank and some invitro and an adoption agency

Nazja 02-10-2017 07:10 AM

Minecraft, Stellar Overload or Skysaga? Hmmm?

Sagara 02-10-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1558984)
Pff don't need love for that, just a gene bank and some invitro and an adoption agency

Or some MELD and a Gene Lab. Invisible snipers FTW!

Kellick 02-10-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagara (Post 1558954)
ITT: Things you never realized you needed in your life.

Right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1558984)

Obviously, what you do is you allow players the option to take a cold, clinical approach if they want, selecting only the finest genes to be passed down in order to create the perfect killing machines. But you also allow the player to instead play the matchmaker, gently prodding your soldiers to bond on and off the mission, allowing rivalries to turn to passion. Or some combination of the two. And you supplement your forces by periodically recruiting from the armies of other member countries.

Arakiba 02-10-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

While I've never been too big on the whole eugenics thing people do in Fire Emblem (I mean, in Awakening I did make sure every kid who could inherit Galeforce did because that shit is broken, but I never focused too hard otherwise. I was more a shipper sort), I would still love this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1558986)
Minecraft, Stellar Overload or Skysaga? Hmmm?

I have no idea about the other two so, Minecraft I guess.

Nazja 02-11-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1559214)
I have no idea about the other two so, Minecraft I guess.

Both are 3D sandbox games, like Minecraft, that are currently in Alpha/Beta.

Stellar Overload is available as a Steam Early Access game and has really cool looking environments.

Skysaga is a (Currently?) free-to-play game that can be acquired by registering on the official page and looks like a nicer Minecraft.

I'm kinda leaning towards Skysaga because of the character models and the fact that there are four races instead of just humans.

Hammerbrew 02-11-2017 01:23 PM

Dude has a point.

Achievements that are interesting and/or challenging? By all means.

"Start the fucking game." "Pause the game!" "Watch the credits!" "Grind pointlessly for 100 hours with zero skill involved." Achievements are cancer.

HlaaluStyle 02-11-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1559570)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eBQUjGD7jw

Dude has a point.

Achievements that are interesting and/or challenging? By all means.

"Start the fucking game." "Pause the game!" "Watch the credits!" "Grind pointlessly for 100 hours with zero skill involved." Achievements are cancer.

I've come to despise game achievements in general.

Lord Grimtale 02-12-2017 07:44 PM

So do we know more about that new Werewolf the Apocalypse game or no? I heard the company making it said they'd show more at their convention, and that was 10 days ago and I still can't find anything else.

Ruinshin 02-13-2017 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale (Post 1559939)
So do we know more about that new Werewolf the Apocalypse game or no? I heard the company making it said they'd show more at their convention, and that was 10 days ago and I still can't find anything else.

Action RPG, its in pre-pre-production. They want pack to feel important.

Its going to be focused on rage, and when its ok to use violence, showcasing the results and uf there are other ways.

The basic story is that humans have fucked up earth so much that some of the tribes are thinking its time to wipe out the humans. Others want to give them a bit more time

spidey1980 02-13-2017 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruinshin (Post 1560016)

The basic story is that humans have fucked up earth so much that some of the tribes are thinking its time to wipe out the humans. Others want to give them a bit more time

So Sabbath vs Camarilla again...

Sagara 02-13-2017 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spidey1980 (Post 1560027)
So Sabbath vs Camarilla again...

More like the Tribes, business as usual. I'd just be dumb to throw the "kill the humans" faction as the villain, like they did with the Sabbath in Bloodlines.

I mean, if we want actual monsters, the Black Spirals Dancers and Wyrm spirits do like humans. Sweet, sweet, vile humans.

Lord Grimtale 02-13-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruinshin (Post 1560016)
Action RPG, its in pre-pre-production. They want pack to feel important.

Its going to be focused on rage, and when its ok to use violence, showcasing the results and uf there are other ways.

Thanks, it sounds very promising.

Gromak 02-14-2017 10:02 AM

Hammerbrew 02-14-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1560430)

Top kek.

I lost it at Christ the Redeemer.

Ruinshin 02-14-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale (Post 1560179)
Thanks, it sounds very promising.

Yeah..

They used punching a nazi as an example of "is violence justifued"

Kellick 02-14-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruinshin (Post 1560478)
Yeah..

They used punching a nazi as an example of "is violence justifued"

Punching Nazis = Bad
Driving over protesters = Good

Mutterscrawl 02-14-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellick (Post 1560480)
Punching Nazis = Bad

Everyone knows when someone says Nazi that means they want to beat up people who disagree with them, can't possibly refer to actual Nazis

Gurzog 02-14-2017 12:58 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431960/

Bought this.

It is by far better than most DLC and games.

Especially at that price, already have some Marvel avengers, and some Horde logos. There are tons of them (and you can upload whatever) it supports music as well so your wallpaper plays music when you have it set to some (so halo music etc)

And Nintendo has DLC for Zelda.

Ruinshin 02-14-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellick (Post 1560480)
Punching Nazis = Bad

No. Driving over protestors intentionally interfering with peoples lives and blocking traffic, keeping people from their lives and family is good.

Punching nazis, in the context of todays conversation (spencer) is talk.

Fucking with people is action.

If nazis blocked the road, mow um over