Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   WarCraft Lore Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Algalon the Oberserver (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=4292)

Krucifire 03-01-2009 06:36 PM

Algalon the Oberserver

TLDR - http://www.wowwiki.com/Algalon_the_Observer
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new

So It seems that Algalon Is a "watcher" of sorts who Is trying to contact the Titans, and notify them of Yogg-Sarron whom Is breaking free from his prison, and If he does make contact the Titans will destroy Azeroth. :O

xie323 03-01-2009 07:40 PM

He looks like a giant constelleration...

Omacron 03-01-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xie323 (Post 105177)
He looks like a giant constelleration...

Really?

xie323 03-01-2009 08:01 PM

Yep go check the link yourself

Farsider 03-01-2009 08:45 PM

Looks like a Forsaken-shaped constellation. I can just imagine the discussion they had when they created the concept for him, "We ran out of time, so let's just put a new skin and funky glow effect on a male forsaken model and run with it"

ARM3481 03-01-2009 09:05 PM

Looks more like the Vrykul male spellcaster model to me. They're stooped forward similarly to the male Forsaken model, and Algalon seems to have a beard when one looks closely.

Lon-ami 03-02-2009 08:39 AM

I like it, it's like all those statues around the instance :P.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll find more about him later ;).

Dark Avenger 03-02-2009 11:24 AM

So in order to stop the Old Gods, the Titans are basically conducting a damage-control procedure to ensure that they will no longer pose a threat.

After typing that, I've just had a vision of us "brave adventurers" talking down an army of Titans for some loot.

Gurtogg_Bloodboil 03-02-2009 11:31 AM

The thought has been around for a while, basically since Uldaman and the "scheduled revisitation". What happens when they get back, and they're pissed off at what they see?

Wabbajack 03-02-2009 11:35 AM

We will build spaceships with Naarutech™ and have spacefights with the Titans!! They will surely drop epixx XD

Kerrah 03-02-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 105250)
We will build spaceships with Naarutech™ and have spacefights with the Titans!! They will surely drop epixx XD

We'll turn against the Titans and kill them all, and then turn into space parasites and rename ourselves the Zerg!

Timolas 03-02-2009 12:34 PM

And C'thun, being a giant eye, shall be our Overmind of the Curse of Flesh!

Fordragon 03-02-2009 03:52 PM

I would be all over spaceships. Have you considered the possibilities zero-g brings to brewing?

AndyJP 03-02-2009 05:00 PM

It seems weird that the warcraftverse is already advancing to learn about who created them. Meanwhile, Alliance is fighting the Horde again, I don't see how all of this will come together while we fight the Lich King. It seems like things are moving too fast, the Old Gods sound more threatening than the Lich King at this point and he's supposed to be the main focus of this expansion. Now we have to worry about someone snitching to the Titans how we've all been naughty on Azeroth who will maybe/possibly destroy our planet. Oddly enough that would be something to ally with the Scourge over.

But where is it going? We whoop the Old Gods, then the Titans, probably Elune while we are at it. Then what? We kill whoever created the Titans? Does it end with a 40-man raid against Metzen?

Zula 03-02-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJP (Post 105321)
But where is it going? We whoop the Old Gods, then the Titans, probably Elune while we are at it. Then what? We kill whoever created the Titans? Does it end with a 40-man raid against Metzen?

Yes it does you also fight Samwise and the rest od sons of the storm.

Vicious 03-03-2009 08:31 AM

Am i the only one who thinks Brann is overreacting the fuck out of this regarding this Watcher?

Why was the first conclusion that he came up with was that the moment the titans learned of Yogg Saron´s escape, a single Old God, they would glass the planet?

The Pantheon managed to handle all 5 of them with an army of the planet´s Elementals backing them up and as far as we know one of them, C´thun, was killed by a nameless Titan that wasn´t even part of the Pantheon.

A single one of them isn´t nearly enough to provoke this kind of reaction from them, even if he managed to corrupt and turn all of Northrend´s remaining Watchers. Unless we get some actual confirmation of Brann´s outrageous speculation or that he thinks that the Titans decide to destroy the planet when they see what mess Azeroth as turned into, this feels kinda forced.

handclaw 03-03-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious (Post 105369)
Am i the only one who thinks Brann is overreacting the fuck out of this regarding this Watcher?

Why was the first conclusion that he came up with was that the moment the titans learned of Yogg Saron´s escape, a single Old God, they would glass the planet?

The Pantheon managed to handle all 5 of them with an army of the planet´s Elementals backing them up and as far as we know one of them, C´thun, was killed by a nameless Titan that didn´t even was part of the Pantheon.

A single one of them isn´t nearly enough to provoke this kind of reaction from them, even if he managed to corrupt and turn all of the Northrend´s remaining Watchers. Unless we get some actual confirmation of Brann´s outrageous speculation, this feels kinda forced.

Well, Yogg-Saron might be not that dangerous to the Titan, Alganon's message would at least push the titans to revisit Azeroth again... But if you keep in mind what else is happening in the world, I can understand his concern... :sweatdrop Malygos dead, Nelthrarion out of his mind, Nozdormu missing, the Emerald Nightmare, the Scourge, the Burning Legion presence, the Naga etc.... All of this together might be a reason for the titans to simply start over with the planet...

Cantus 03-03-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

The Pantheon managed to handle all 5 of them with an army of the planet´s Elementals backing them up and as far as we know one of them, C´thun, was killed by a nameless Titan that didn´t even was part of the Pantheon.

A single one of them isn´t nearly enough to provoke this kind of reaction from them, even if he managed to corrupt and turn all of the Northrend´s remaining Watchers. Unless we get some actual confirmation of Brann´s outrageous speculation or that he thinks that the Titans decide to destroy the planet when they see what mess Azeroth as turned into, this feels kinda forced.

Think about it now though, it's not just a bunch of elementals, it's potentially a whole planet turned mad by Yogg's influence. I mean, there's no telling how bad it might get if they can go so far as to corrupt Aspects. Not to mention, if Brann says it, he's probably been reading up on the containment procedures and learned a few dangerous implications of the Old God's release. (Speculation time) It could be that the last time they were chained up the Pantheon decided it would be better to just exterminate everything if their control procedures failed again.

Wabbajack 03-03-2009 08:47 AM

And we still don't really know how powerfull a Old God really is. They enslaved a giant mass of elementals before, probably out of curiosity or because they where bored and concrete informations on the battle between them and the titans is rather scarce. Who knows what they would do with beeings like Naaru and what would happen if they could get the control of the Burning legion. And this time they would prepare for battle against the titans.

Tysar 03-03-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Because the entire Pantheon has become insane!

Dagren 03-03-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handclaw (Post 105370)
Well, Yogg-Saron might be not that dangerous to the Titan, Alganon's message would at least push the titans to revisit Azeroth again... But if you keep in mind what else is happening in the world, I can understand his concern... :sweatdrop Malygos dead, Nelthrarion out of his mind, Nozdormu missing, the Emerald Nightmare, the Scourge, the Burning Legion presence, the Naga etc.... All of this together might be a reason for the titans to simply start over with the planet...

I agree with you, but like I said in the Ulduar thread : why the hell didn't Algalon warn them before ?
I realize we lack information to answer this, though.

Also, I'm not yet into all this watchers lore, so what were their appointed tasks before Loken put them off track ?
They somehow seem redundant to me, considering we already have the Aspects watching over Azeroth. Or are they just watching over Yogg's prison, which would explain why they are all gathered up in Ulduar ?

Cantus 03-03-2009 10:11 AM

Algalon may have been prevented by the very Watchers that were supposed to keep Yogg-Saron in check. The very fact that you have to defeat each of these beings and use their sigils to open up his area probably means that he wasn't kept their of his own volition.

The Aspects were likely empowered to watch over the main world that evolved, while Titan constructs managed the everyday upkeep of their remaining holdings. That and it seems like dragons are more resistant to the problems that have plagued the Earthen and Vrykrul, which means that they could step in if (as in Ulduar) things get out of hand with the Curse of Flesh or constructs programming becoming corrupted.

Lon-ami 03-03-2009 11:37 AM

I suppose they watch over Ulduar...

Otherwise, their existence wouldn't have sense. Aside from looting.

Eylirria 03-03-2009 06:24 PM

Still hot out of the oven. The new PTR build today has added voice-overs for the Ulduar encounters, as well as the Archivum!

I've been digging through it for the past 20mins or so, but I believe I have a very good idea of what's going on now. If anyone knows where I could get a decent amount of .mp3 files updated, I can share these voice overs with you guys, but in the meantime, I will just write about it.

First, the Archivum voice overs, they make telling the story of what's going on easier.

Algalon is a fail-safe device made by the Titans, should the Prime Designate of the planet perish, Algalon is imediately sent to the planet to evaluate what is going on.

We killed the Titan's Prime Designate for Azeroth in Halls of Stone (Loken was the prime designate), that has caused Algalon to come to Azeroth.

What does Algalon do? Algalon the Observer is meant to conduct a planetary analysis for corruption of its systems, and based on his findings, he sends back one of two possible reply codes to the Pantheon: Code Alpha or Code Omega.

Code Alpha is the signal that everything is ok, and the planet is in good shape. Code Omega is the signal that the planet's systems have been corrupted, and that it needs to be "re-originated" (Algalon's own word).

One of the queries you can make at the Archivum are for the probability of which Code Algalon will be sending, the Archivum gives Code Omega a "99.99, repeating of course" (yes, repeating of course is in the voice over, a nod to leeroy's video) chance.

The Archivum also explains that the Watchers are being influenced and having their senses clouded by a dark influence, however, if enough stress is put onto them, their systems will reset, and the influence will fade (this explains why we have to beat down all the watchers, but we don't kill them)

Also, the Archivum goes on about how to save each Sigil, but I think that's more raidworthy than loreworthy, so I'm not going into each fight's hard modes.

Alright... Algalon sound files.

You arrive at the room, and a dialogue starts.

Algalon tells you to back down, that he isn't here to fight us. He is here to conduct a planetary analysis. He runs his analysis, and voices his findings:

"There is partial corruption of the planet's lifesupport systems, and there is complete corruption of the planet's defense mechanisms. Code Omega issued, Re-origination requested."

Then you fight Algalon, and going quickly over the fight sound files, it seems like a fight where you will fight adds, and deal with some weird magic "Behold the Power of the Cosmos!" "Meet the Tools of Creation!" are a couple of his yells.

Upon defeat, Algalon starts a long speech, this is verbatim copy of his death file:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algalon the Observer
I have seen worlds bathed in the maker's flames. Their denizens fading without as so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart, devoid of emotion, of empathy...I...HAVE...FELT....NOTHING! A million, million lives wasted! Had they all held within them your tenacity, had they all loved life as you do... Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against all cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titan's own perfect creations have failed. I have rearranged the reply code, your planet will be spared. I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.

Do not worry about my fate, Bronzen(?? can't understand), if the signal is not transmitted in time, reorigination will proceed regardless...Save. Your. World.

Cantus 03-03-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eylirria (Post 105480)
Still hot out of the oven. The new PTR build today has added voice-overs for the Ulduar encounters, as well as the Archivum!

I've been digging through it for the past 20mins or so, but I believe I have a very good idea of what's going on now. If anyone knows where I could get a decent amount of .mp3 files updated, I can share these voice overs with you guys, but in the meantime, I will just write about it.

First, the Archivum voice overs, they make telling the story of what's going on easier.

Algalon is a fail-safe device made by the Titans, should the Prime Designate of the planet perish, Algalon is imediately sent to the planet to evaluate what is going on.

We killed the Titan's Prime Designate for Azeroth in Halls of Stone (Loken was the prime designate), that has caused Algalon to come to Azeroth.

What does Algalon do? Algalon the Observer is meant to conduct a planetary analysis for corruption of its systems, and based on his findings, he sends back one of two possible reply codes to the Pantheon: Code Alpha or Code Omega.

Code Alpha is the signal that everything is ok, and the planet is in good shape. Code Omega is the signal that the planet's systems have been corrupted, and that it needs to be "re-originated" (Algalon's own word).

One of the queries you can make at the Archivum are for the probability of which Code Algalon will be sending, the Archivum gives Code Omega a "99.99, repeating of course" (yes, repeating of course is in the voice over, a nod to leeroy's video) chance.

The Archivum also explains that the Watchers are being influenced and having their senses clouded by a dark influence, however, if enough stress is put onto them, their systems will reset, and the influence will fade (this explains why we have to beat down all the watchers, but we don't kill them)

Also, the Archivum goes on about how to save each Sigil, but I think that's more raidworthy than loreworthy, so I'm not going into each fight's hard modes.

Alright... Algalon sound files.

You arrive at the room, and a dialogue starts.

Algalon tells you to back down, that he isn't here to fight us. He is here to conduct a planetary analysis. He runs his analysis, and voices his findings:

"There is partial corruption of the planet's lifesupport systems, and there is complete corruption of the planet's defense mechanisms. Code Omega issued, Re-origination requested."

Then you fight Algalon, and going quickly over the fight sound files, it seems like a fight where you will fight adds, and deal with some weird magic "Behold the Power of the Cosmos!" "Meet the Tools of Creation!" are a couple of his yells.

Upon defeat, Algalon starts a long speech, this is verbatim copy of his death file:

Very nice transcript, two things. One, it's razed (as in burnt to the ground) not raised. And Brannsen, as in Brann Bronzebeard, is communicating with it, leading to the quest in Dalaran to send off the "All's well" signal.