Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   WarCraft Lore Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tyr in Ulduar (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=5057)

Warlock 09-01-2009 12:48 PM

Tyr in Ulduar
 
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...geNo=1&sid=1#8

BTW, I am 100% sure this guy is full of shit, but it's interesting for a blue to mention Tyr for a change.

Lon-ami 09-01-2009 12:52 PM

Wait.

"Are you sure you haven't fought him?"

Tyr is general Vezax? xDDD

Nah, I think he'll be either one of the excuses to return to Ulduar, or just another Icecrown guy.

Warlock 09-01-2009 12:54 PM

There is no way that Tyr is General Vezax is what I'm saying. But it's interesting that a blue responded to the post. Even if he is making shit up.

There's actually another door in between Mimi and Vezax that is never opened, I always kind of assumed that was Tyr's room. Early videos and such of the incomplete raid dungeon suggest to me that Tyr was originally a boss as well, possibly in place of Vezax (the area leading to Vezax looked a lot different before, more similar to the other Keepers' areas), but he was cut, possibly just due to the place having too many bosses already.

I suspect he might show up in Uldum though.

Drz 09-01-2009 12:56 PM

Pause WoW: Cataclysm trailer to 00:21

Maybe the giant guy in Icecrown might be Tyr? Sure i'm just basing this off due to the CM's comment heh. =p

Warlock 09-01-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drz (Post 142222)
Pause WoW: Cataclysm trailer to 00:21

Maybe the giant guy in Icecrown might be Tyr? Sure i'm just basing this off due to the CM's comment heh. =p

Who? All I see are skeletons and Arthas...

engal 09-01-2009 01:04 PM

Even IF Tyr is Vezax ( it's a big IF and I admit than the thought crossed mind mind before this CM's post) there is still one room missing : Loken's.

So .. Well, Ulduar is incomplete, that's all.

Another fail is that we need the Sigil of the Keeper to open Algalon's room.. But... There were six Keepers before, including Loken and Tyr... So two Sigils are missing, that doesn't make sense. They should have make a leap saying something like " Since Loken and Tyr have both disappeared, the failsaif security of their Sigil has been activated, and they were automatically teleported into the Chamber of the Iron Council in Ulduar to be protected until someone with enough security clearance could use them, so we give those two to you and you need to gather the other four. "

Explained, and no weird unexplained strange thing.

Warlock 09-01-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engal (Post 142225)
Even IF Tyr is Vezax ( it's a big IF and I admit than the thought crossed mind mind before this CM's post) there is still one room missing : Loken's.

So .. Well, Ulduar is incomplete, that's all.

Another fail is that we need the Sigil of the Keeper to open Algalon's room.. But... There were six Keepers before, including Loken and Tyr... So two Sigils are missing, that doesn't make sense.

Loken wasn't a Keeper, he was sort of like the boss of all the Keepers. He doesn't need a room, he has the whole Halls of Lightning :P

Drz 09-01-2009 01:08 PM

You see it right before Arthas flashes.

EDIT: Apparently i'm an idiot, this is what i saw basicly: click to laugh.

Schro 09-01-2009 01:09 PM

How I always viewed the missing sigil thing is that the sigil for loken is not needed, as algalon only comes when he is dead.

As for tyr, I thought he might have a different role. The final defender role mentioned by the cm is somthing.

Warlock 09-01-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drz (Post 142227)

Dude, that's Icecrown Glacier...

ARM3481 09-01-2009 01:09 PM

Of course, if by some slim chance it happens to turn out that Vezax or some other boss in Ulduar is somehow a corrupted Tyr, the lamest part of all would be having found out from a blue post after the fact instead of in the game where such a revelation would actually belong.

Drz 09-01-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 142229)
Dude, that's Icecrown Glacier...

Haha... i have apophenia! It's my imagination damnit!

PS. Guess it's time for me to get glasses. I wish i knew the term but this is like when people see all kinds of fucked up things from smoke clouds and whatnot. To me the upper glacier looked like someone's head. :(

engal 09-01-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 142226)
Loken wasn't a Keeper, he was sort of like the boss of all the Keepers. He doesn't need a room, he has the whole Halls of Lightning :P

Well, since there are a temple for each Keeper and Loken had one, I assumed he was part of them, even if he had more power. But you're maybe right. However, I can't believe that He had no place inside Ulduar and that his security clearance was not needed to open Algalon's room, since Algalon is directly related to him , triggered by his own death.

Another Fail ( again) is that there are four tower in the beginning. at least five of them were needed. Tyr has been retconned out of ulduar. Well, you can always say that some part in the Iron Concourse are in ruin and fall into the sea and that with a big miracle the tower of the only absent keeper fell also into the sea, well, I prefer to say that the tower fell into a plothole. :p

Daiol 09-01-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engal (Post 142232)
Well, since there are a temple for each Keeper and Loken had one, I assumed he was part of them, even if he had more power. But you're maybe right. However, I can't believe that He had no place inside Ulduar and that his security clearance was not needed to open Algalon's room, since Algalon is directly related to him , triggered by his own death.

Another Fail ( again) is that there are four tower in the beginning. at least five of them were needed. Tyr has been retconned out of ulduar.

Triggered by Loken's death is the key. Why would the Titans design a system that required a key from Loken to access Algalon's chamber if the trigger for Algalon's arrival is Loken's death?

Though Tyr's absence is indeed a problem.

Warlock 09-01-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engal (Post 142232)
Well, since there are a temple for each Keeper and Loken had one, I assumed he was part of them, even if he had more power. But you're maybe right. However, I can't believe that He had no place inside Ulduar and that his security clearance was not needed to open Algalon's room, since Algalon is directly related to him , triggered by his own death.

Another Fail ( again) is that there are four tower in the beginning. at least five of them were needed. Tyr has been retconned out of ulduar.

Ok, that's my bad. He was considered a Keeper, but I think he's more like the head Keeper.

But I still think Halls of Lightning probably counts for him. It's all technically supposed to be one big complex. There is of course also Vezax's room though, which could also be maybe his (he is refered to as the main jailor of Yogg, so it would make sense... maybe why he went insane first? It being so close to Yogg?). Hard to say.

Either way, we essentially have two "free" rooms. One that Vezax is in (which may or may not have been a Keeper room), and one that is inaccessable in between Vezax and Mimi.

engal 09-01-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daiol (Post 142234)
Triggered by Loken's death is the key. Why would the Titans design a system that required a key from Loken to access Algalon's chamber if the trigger for Algalon's arrival is Loken's death?

Though Tyr's absence is indeed a problem.

Well, maybe it's the key indeed, so I'll assume that about Loken, my bad ^^

Tyr is a whole different problem.

Lon-ami 09-01-2009 01:53 PM

I think Loken was a watcher, since he has a temple of his own.

Also, that door leaded to a glass room where there was a statue, where you entered one hand and exited from the another one. Remember? It was unfinished pre-patch.

I think Vezax's was Loken's, and the closed one Tyr's.

Steelhorns 09-01-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 142221)
Early videos and such of the incomplete raid dungeon suggest to me that Tyr was originally a boss as well, possibly in place of Vezax

I distinctly remember in one of the early, early Ulduar videos that came out durning the Friends and Family when Ulduar was mostly untextured, there was a room with a huge statue of a man in robes. The sleeves of the robes were actually a tunnel that connected both hands that you could run through. But that never made it into the final.

Anyone still have a copy of that old video? It used to be up on vimeo but is gone. Its been driving me crazy since 3.1 actually came out.

Edit: well it looks like Lon remembers it too. Least I know I'm not crazy.

engal 09-01-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelhorns (Post 142259)
I distinctly remember in one of the early, early Ulduar videos that came out durning the Friends and Family when Ulduar was mostly untextured, there was a room with a huge statue of a man in robes. The sleeves of the robes were actually a tunnel that connected both hands that you could run through. But that never made it into the final.

Anyone still have a copy of that old video? It used to be up on vimeo but is gone. Its been driving me crazy since 3.1 actually came out.

Edit: well it looks like Lon remembers it too. Least I know I'm not crazy.


I remember that too ^^

Too bad, ulduar could have been much complete with all of this :(

Falarson 09-01-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valnoth

It would be pretty strange to think that the area before Yogg Saron's prison has always been a twisted, corrupt temple dedicated to the praise of an Old God. Clearly - in *happier* times - there must have been a final arbiter. A jailor of sorts.

Maybe Vezax ate him!

Or...

Ok, Tyr IS Vezax. Period.

engal 09-01-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kike-Scott (Post 142285)
Ok, Tyr IS Vezax. Period.

The thread is only one page long, don't tell me you didn't read all the posts...

Wart 09-01-2009 06:58 PM

I assume the blue kidding. I mean Vezax being Tyr just seems kinda random. As for the sigils, perhaps only four out of six are needed to access the Celestial Planetarium, and since Loken was already dead and Tyr missing, the remaining four are the only options left. Or perhaps Tyr and Loken had different roles, (i.e. Loken being Prime-Designate) and thus their sigils were used for other things, (e.g. Loken's sigil activated the fail-safe that brought Algalon to Azeroth).

Omacron 09-01-2009 08:11 PM

You know, the entirety of Blizzcon, I was waiting to have a chance to ask about Tyr. Sad Oma is sad. And IF he is Vezax, well... they could've fucking told us.

Icemasta 09-01-2009 09:24 PM

It does kinda make sense if you are gonna try and break out of your prison the first thing you want to do is take your jailor, Tyrs room is right next to Yogg, Id say such close proximity would mess with anyones mind, from there its only a hop step and jump too UBER ME UP PLZ DEATHGOD.

It stands to reason that Yogg would need a body guard till he breaks free or at least a foot soldier to help corrupt the others, who better than the guy standing in the next room.

Idk my two cents worth

Penda 09-02-2009 12:02 AM

Personally I think this is just him having fun with the forum goers as they have in the past with similar statements.

For me, the fact they didn't give Tyr a tower in Ulduar or a room that even vaguely hints at being his as well as don't mention him anywhere inside, at the very least suggests they changed their mind about putting him there and want to use him elsewhere, or they just plain forgot.

That said, I wouldn't rule it out that they'd turn around and say Vezaxx was Tyr to explain away Tyr's lack of appearance if need be, but I'm still in the 'removed to be used elsewhere' camp as far as he goes.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.