Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Overwatch Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Overwatch Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=216551)

Drusus 05-14-2016 04:36 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Zyk01gd.png

http://i.imgur.com/C4QgwPf.jpg

Noitora 05-14-2016 05:22 AM

Don't get me started on high noon memes

Mending 05-16-2016 10:03 AM


Toxotai 05-16-2016 10:24 AM

The best one so far.
Maybe because I'm biased towards stories of brothers.

Mutterscrawl 05-16-2016 10:45 AM

So did Hanzo just not watch the news or did Genji use a fake name while in Overwatch or what?

Toxotai 05-16-2016 11:00 AM

-Genji!
-A name from long ago. It sounds better than Deepthroat.

Mending 05-16-2016 11:14 AM

Wasn't Genji saved by Overwatch specifically because he could help bring down the Shimada Clan? I don't think it would benefit his efforts if it was well known that he was still alive.

Anyways, these shorts keep getting better and better. I really hope they keep doing them after they finish with Soldier 76's.

Mutterscrawl 05-16-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mending (Post 1474386)
Wasn't Genji saved by Overwatch specifically because he could help bring down the Shimada Clan? I don't think it would benefit his efforts if it was well known that he was still alive.

Anyways, these shorts keep getting better and better. I really hope they keep doing them after they finish with Soldier 76's.

1. Wasn't he in that flashback picture of all the overwatch dudes at the United Nations though?

2. Me too, is 76's the last one for now or what?


3. On a sidenote, I keep seeing material on posts and blogs and such by fans where Junkrat and others are portrayed as part of the team, I think it's unfortunate it's not more clear that they're not part of Overwatch but at the same time it's hilarious to imagine them on the squad if they were to actually 'go legit' or were just less murderous.

EDIT:

Example

http://inkytomes.tumblr.com/post/144...-based-on-this

Mending 05-16-2016 11:25 AM

Hmm. You're right. Maybe he did just go by a different name then.

It's the only one we haven't seen from this BlizzCon teaser so I'm assuming it's the last one for a while.


neoshadow 05-16-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mending (Post 1474390)
Hmm. You're right. Maybe he did just go by a different name then.

It's the only one we haven't seen from this BlizzCon teaser so I'm assuming it's the last one for a while.

https://youtu.be/MnHB0WIBFiU

nope. 76 in dorado.

PajamaSalad 05-16-2016 11:47 AM

When do we get Mercy's story!

neoshadow 05-16-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1474395)
When do we get Mercy's story!

i want it to be mercy/reaper. to explain the cell thing.

Omacron 05-16-2016 12:55 PM


PajamaSalad 05-16-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 1474418)

You are a kill joy.

Dawnfeld 05-16-2016 04:07 PM

That was the best animated short so far. It was the one I was looking forward to the most as well, as the fated battle of brothers has a lot of emotional potential, and I definitely think the short delivered. I was hoping we'd get flashbacks, but those dragon paintings really told the story quite well.

Omacron 05-16-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajamasalad (Post 1474434)
You are a kill joy.

I'm an admin.

Mending 05-16-2016 06:46 PM

If Soldier 76 is paired up with someone for his short, who do you think it'll be? I'm honestly stumped.

Also I don't think it was said before on here, but apparently Mercy had something to do with Reaper's current powers.

"Mercy: This is not what I intended for you, Reyes.
Reaper: You knew exactly what were you doing."

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Reaper_Quotes

It also appears that Reaper mentored McCree when they were in Overwatch.

Omacron 05-16-2016 07:04 PM

Probably Reaper, maybe also Reinhardt.

Skullcrusha 05-16-2016 07:11 PM

I think in the animated preview you can see reaper looming as 76 fist fights some dudes, unless it turns out to just be a gang member in a skull mask cause Dorado.

neoshadow 05-17-2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 1474553)
Probably Reaper, maybe also Reinhardt.

i think reinhardt wont recieve one, since he got a comic.

Leviathon 05-17-2016 12:59 AM


The Japanese localization for it actually fits a bit better.

Mutterscrawl 05-17-2016 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mending (Post 1474548)
If Soldier 76 is paired up with someone for his short, who do you think it'll be? I'm honestly stumped.

Also I don't think it was said before on here, but apparently Mercy had something to do with Reaper's current powers.

"Mercy: This is not what I intended for you, Reyes.
Reaper: You knew exactly what were you doing."

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Reaper_Quotes

It also appears that Reaper mentored McCree when they were in Overwatch.

Interesting stuff in there...

Mercy involved in Reaper's condition

Pharah doesn't like her mom for some reason

Torbjorn and Reinhardt are old buddies and joke around

Mercy doesn't approve of Reinhardt 'dragging that girl around', Reinhardt counters that Brigitte chose to travel with him.

Hanzo seems a bit darker and bitter than in the short, Widowmaker offers to restore the Shimada with Talon but Hanzo asks "At what price?"

Mending 05-17-2016 11:58 AM

I assumed that Reaper wouldn't be in 76's because he's already in Winston's and thought that Blizzard would want different characters for each of their shorts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl (Post 1474659)
Pharah doesn't like her mom for some reason

Her mom probably dedicated most of her time to Overwatch and didn't have time to raise her, so she resented her for that.

handclaw 05-17-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mending (Post 1474548)
If Soldier 76 is paired up with someone for his short, who do you think it'll be? I'm honestly stumped.

Well, while Reaper did appear already in a short, he is still a good character to pair Soldier 76 with. Still...

If I recall correctly, the teaser we've seen happens in Dorado? So I wonder, maybe the "Sombra" character could appear. Given the Sombra Protocol in the Lumerico building, Sombra being mentioned in the newspaper, and even Reaper has an (unused?) voice file for the map, asking "Where is Sombra when you need her?". I mean, could be a nice way to introduce a new character. :P

Mutterscrawl 05-17-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mending (Post 1474779)
I assumed that Reaper wouldn't be in 76's because he's already in Winston's and thought that Blizzard would want different characters for each of their shorts.



Her mom probably dedicated most of her time to Overwatch and didn't have time to raise her, so she resented her for that.

Wouldn't she resent overwatch?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.