Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mass Effect Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=9914)

Sports72Xtrm 02-24-2011 04:30 PM

Mass Effect Discussion
 
Since the dragon age discussion board is so popular, I thought I'd make a thread about the mass effect universe. Even though Mass effect 3 won't be out for a while, I thought maybe I'd make a thread about it to discuss lore or anything about the game.

So lets talk about the future of the mass effect...oh yeah? OH YEAH!

First off
/spoilers
What do you think of Grunt? This Krogan is the "perfect" Krogan according to Okeer. What do you think is his impact on the future of the Krogan?

Omacron 02-24-2011 04:55 PM

Genetically engineering a potentially fertile grunt is a heavy risk.


But the priiiiiize...

Mark_Romaneck 02-24-2011 05:27 PM

the priiiize can wait, we need to make those calibrations

ShinMaruku 02-24-2011 05:44 PM

Given that the Korgan were evolving to the genephage they'd have been fine. With Grunt they might have become a great power again but now the biggest race of dicks is in full effect it will end up the same. (If humans can out space cop Turians and the fact that they have reaper tech, I'd say watch out for humans.)
He who chases monsters must take care not to become a monster himself.

Ashendant 02-24-2011 06:06 PM

In far more interested what that race of virtual aliens is up too

Sports72Xtrm 02-24-2011 06:44 PM

I'm pretty sure that after the Reaper threat, the Krogan would become the main antagonist for the Council again.

A few likely scenarios:
1. Paragon Shepard helps Mordin save the genophage cure data and uses it to cure the genophage. Yet Tauchanka is still a nuclear wasteland that could barely sustain the remaining Krogan that had the genophage and with a sudden spike of Krogan population, the Krogan are filled with numbers and are forced to return to the warlike Horde they used to be and expands from Tauchanka, becoming the council's sworn enemy once again and take over the Terminus system. War erupts.
-Not only can they breed naturally, but with Grunt, they have a template for the perfect soldier and even if the council can put a dent on the "natural" krogan's numbers, they can also mass breed more "Grunts" as an elite team of Krogan.
2. Renegade Shepard helps Mordin destroy the genophage cure data but still unleashes Grunt. They give up on production through sexual means and uses bio-engineering as their main source of re-production. Embittered by the genophage and backed by a tank bred army of blood-thristy Beserker Krogan, a warmongering warlord creates a Horde and goes on a conquering spree in the Terminus systems.

Krogan are basically warcraft orcs in space. Most likely will ally with other nefarious savage/council enemy races like the Yahg, Batarians, Geth, and Vorcha.

Ashendant 02-24-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm (Post 264403)
I'm pretty sure that after the Reaper threat, the Krogan would become the main antagonist for the Council again.

A few likely scenarios:
1. Paragon Shepard helps Mordin save the genophage cure data and uses it to cure the genophage. Yet Tauchanka is still a nuclear wasteland that could barely sustain the remaining Krogan that had the genophage and with a sudden spike of Krogan population, the Krogan are filled with numbers and are forced to return to the warlike Horde they used to be and expands from Tauchanka, becoming the council's sworn enemy once again and take over the Terminus system. War erupts.
-Not only can they breed naturally, but with Grunt, they have a template for the perfect soldier and even if the council can put a dent on the "natural" krogan's numbers, they can also mass breed more "Grunts" as an elite team of Krogan.
2. Renegade Shepard helps Mordin destroy the genophage cure data but still unleashes Grunt. They give up on production through sexual means and uses bio-engineering as their main source of re-production. Embittered by the genophage and backed by a tank bred army of blood-thristy Beserker Krogan, a warmongering warlord creates a Horde and goes on a conquering spree in the Terminus systems.

Krogan are basically warcraft orcs in space. Most likely will ally with other nefarious savage/council enemy races like the Yahg, Batarians, Geth, and Vorcha.

I think the Krogan will reform themselves if wrex survived

Sports72Xtrm 02-24-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashendant (Post 264409)
I think the Krogan will reform themselves if wrex survived

That's not a certainty. Wrex is only able to keep the other Krogan clans in line by holding all the fertile female krogans hostage. If there is another krogan warlord like Okeer or maybe even Grunt who doesn't value fertile female krogans since they think that the future of their race lies in mass tank bred Krogan, Wrex loses political leverage and is forced to go to war against a superior army of tank bred Krogan or join with warlord's Horde.

Ashendant 02-24-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm (Post 264414)
That's not a certainty. Wrex is only able to keep the other Krogan clans in line by holding all the fertile female krogans hostage. If there is another krogan warlord like Okeer or maybe even Grunt who doesn't value fertile female krogans since they think that the future of their race lies in mass tank bred Krogan, Wrex loses political leverage and is forced to go to war against a superior army of tank bred Krogan or join with warlord's Horde.

That's if you consider doing it in mass is viable, or they are loyal...

Sports72Xtrm 02-24-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashendant (Post 264415)
That's if you consider doing it in mass is viable, or they are loyal...

Could be if they ally with a technological superior race such as the Geth which the Council had been hunting hold outs for the past three years. or maybe a certain asari with no ethical boundaries that Shepard may or may not have let live. It's not so hard to make a horde of subservient Grunts with technological brainwashing or if the warlord can prove their strength since Grunt himself likes strength.

Ashendant 02-24-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm (Post 264416)
Could be if they ally with a technological superior race such as the Geth which the Council had been hunting hold outs for the past three years. or maybe a certain asari with no ethical boundaries that Shepard may or may not have let live. It's not so hard to make a horde of subservient Grunts with technological brainwashing or if the warlord can prove their strength since Grunt himself likes strength.

By viable i mean it might cost too much

Sports72Xtrm 02-24-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashendant (Post 264419)
By viable i mean it might cost too much

I don't think the Krogan would pay for it out of their own pocket. Naturally they'd have investors.

AndyJP 02-24-2011 09:40 PM

If you kill the Thresher Maw in Grunt's mission on Tuchanka he gets numerous breeding requests and Shepard gets one too. Snoo-Snoo! Ohhh yeaaahhhh

Mark_Romaneck 02-24-2011 10:05 PM

The geth>>> The krogan

A small regenegade group of them put the citadel on their knees, imagine what the whole collective would do to the universe

Ashendant 02-25-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck (Post 264440)
The geth>>> The krogan

A small regenegade group of them put the citadel on their knees, imagine what the whole collective would do to the universe

They have no interest in war


And frankly i'm more interested in the ancient technology the virtual aliens promised to the council.

Mark_Romaneck 02-25-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashendant (Post 264575)
They have no interest in war


And frankly i'm more interested in the ancient technology the virtual aliens promised to the council.

They would if the organics get in the way.

What virtual aliens do you speak of?

Ashendant 02-25-2011 09:47 AM

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Virtual_Alien

Lord Eliphas 02-25-2011 04:18 PM

So we know Earth is being attacked by the Reapers, though I'm guessing Mass Effect 3 will have some huge inter-galatic civil war as they fight the Reapers for the 'last time'.

Although the trailer begs; Why did they come now? They don't have a good excuse besides being locked in another dimension, if they were.

Sports72Xtrm 02-25-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas (Post 264741)
Although the trailer begs; Why did they come now? They don't have a good excuse besides being locked in another dimension, if they were.

I thought this was explained by Sovereign in ME1. Reapers wait till civilizations evolve enough to discover the Citadel and then the keepers were suppose to send a message to the Reapers telling them that the civilizations that discovered the citadel were evolved enough for reaping and they absorb the technological/biological advancement of the species in charge of the citadel. This is a cycle but the keepers malfunctioned and never sent a signal. So the Reapers sent Saren to do it and that's what happened in ME1. ME2 their moving through the collectors, this time for some reason, they're targeting humans. But they were always planing on waging war on the the council.

Ashendant 02-26-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm (Post 264796)
I thought this was explained by Sovereign in ME1. Reapers wait till civilizations evolve enough to discover the Citadel and then the keepers were suppose to send a message to the Reapers telling them that the civilizations that discovered the citadel were evolved enough for reaping and they absorb the technological/biological advancement of the species in charge of the citadel. This is a cycle but the keepers malfunctioned and never sent a signal. So the Reapers sent Saren to do it and that's what happened in ME1. ME2 their moving through the collectors, this time for some reason, they're targeting humans. But they were always planing on waging war on the the council.

The malfunction was because a group of prothean scientists seeing their race was doomed, sacrificed themselves so they destroyed the keeper obedience to the reaper

They are targeting humans, because Shepard "beat" Sovereign, and it picked their interest as a race, after rejecting other race like the krogan because of low populations

Omacron 02-26-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashendant (Post 264807)
The malfunction was because a group of prothean scientists seeing their race was doomed, sacrificed themselves so they destroyed the keeper obedience to the reaper

They are targeting humans, because Shepard "beat" Sovereign, and it picked their interest as a race, after rejecting other race like the krogan because of low populations

Targeting Earth is a heavy risk...

But the priiiiiiiiize...

Ashendant 02-26-2011 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 264838)
Targeting Earth is a heavy risk...

But the priiiiiiiiize...

according to the trailer it doesn't seem a big risk

Omacron 02-26-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashendant (Post 264843)
according to the trailer it doesn't seem a big risk

Pissing off Commander Shepard is a heavy risk.


But the priiiiize...

Atomic_Piggy 02-26-2011 12:35 PM

For those with no idea what Omacron is talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZzvvf1Sp7g

ShinMaruku 02-26-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 264353)
Genetically engineering a potentially fertile grunt is a heavy risk.


But the priiiiiize...

Grunt is not the issue with the Genophage it's the female Krogans that have the issue.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.