Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Video Game Industry News, Discussions, and Misc Fun Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=186505)

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volkrin (Post 856126)
I pirated it and still felt cheated.

Actually, yes. Same here.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Fable 1. Jack of Blades was pimp, the Heroes Guild.. Totally awesome. And of course, Heroes being mercenaries more than good guys, with it just being a term reserved for powerful people.

Totally awesome.

Fable 2 was the future. A powerful opening, and while the dog was annoying, It really hurt when he was killed. The tower bit was nice.

It wasn't exactly top notch story telling, but it WAS powerful. Plus, the character customization was wonderful. Dyes, magics, body shape being determined by ability type, ect.

It really is a shame that the creators never get everything they claim into the Fable Games, because I can safely say that if they ever did, the games would be the best fantasy game around.

Omacron 06-10-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferlion (Post 856087)
We should be getting a Fable 4 announcement.

http://cramgaming.com/wp-content/upl...b1-332x600.jpg

Wait did they announce a new banjo kazooie game? Did I miss that?

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferlion (Post 856142)
Actually, yes. Same here.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Fable 1. Jack of Blades was pimp, the Heroes Guild.. Totally awesome. And of course, Heroes being mercenaries more than good guys, with it just being a term reserved for powerful people.

Totally awesome.

Fable 2 was the future. A powerful opening, and while the dog was annoying, It really hurt when he was killed. The tower bit was nice.

It wasn't exactly top notch story telling, but it WAS powerful. Plus, the character customization was wonderful. Dyes, magics, body shape being determined by ability type, ect.

It really is a shame that the creators never get everything they claim into the Fable Games, because I can safely say that if they ever did, the games would be the best fantasy game around.

I'd be happy if the armor I equipped actually mattered again, instead of just being how pretty I look.

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 856148)
Wait did they announce a new banjo kazooie game? Did I miss that?

Not yet..

Quote:

I'd be happy if the armor I equipped actually mattered again, instead of just being how pretty I look.
To a degree. High AC should be separate from armor type, because that messes with character building, and Fable was always about building your own hero.

Anansi 06-10-2013 06:48 PM

People always enjoy a good fable. M'aiq has yet to find one, though. Perhaps one day.

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferlion (Post 856155)
Not yet..

To a degree. High AC should be separate from armor type, because that messes with character building, and Fable was always about building your own hero.

The amazing and fun character I built in Fable 1 also had armor that mattered. I feel like there's a meme with a little girl that wants to say, why not both?

Euphemialibritannia 06-10-2013 06:54 PM

This game looks pretty tight. Love horror games!

Omacron 06-10-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia (Post 856169)
This game looks pretty tight. Love horror games!

I'm forcing my mom to watch this with me since I'm dominating the TV. Even she was impressed. I love steampunk so I'm sold on it- looks like it's victorian sci-fi monster hunting.

Anansi 06-10-2013 06:59 PM

Merry, sir, what game be that?

Caith 06-10-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 856173)
Merry, sir, what game be that?

I believe it's The Order 1886. Steampunk, victorian, zombies

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 07:05 PM

My dear goodness, can't even understand such bad english this late in the day. I quit.

Omacron 06-10-2013 07:12 PM

Man Blizzard no one wants your game on consoles adding a fucking scarf isn't gonna make me wanna play.

Euphemialibritannia 06-10-2013 07:21 PM

Oh my God, I thought 13Versus was going to die in development hell, but I'm glad they revived it as XV! Though a small part of me is kind of sad that I won't trully see a new video for Final Fantasy til XVI.

Ku'ja 06-10-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia (Post 856220)
Oh my God, I thought 13Versus was going to die in development hell, but I'm glad they revived it as XV! Though a small part of me is kind of sad that I won't trully see a new video for Final Fantasy til XVI.

Sony won me over with that and Kingdom Hearts 3 !!!!

Insane Guy of Doom 06-10-2013 07:27 PM

The Walking Dead: 400 Days has been announced; here's the trailer.

Euphemialibritannia 06-10-2013 07:38 PM

ESO on PS4? Lost any hype I had for that game. Now I'm just going to have FFXI nightmares.

SHOTS FUCKING FIRED

Lord Grimtale 06-10-2013 07:40 PM

Fuck yeah Killer Instinct 3!

Omacron 06-10-2013 07:43 PM

M$ better head to the pokemart for some fucking Burn Heal.

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 856256)

So... Nintendo is fucking screwed.

Ardeiute 06-10-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omacron (Post 856256)

Im curious if Microsoft will take that used game fee away after the huge backlash it's received, and now that Sony has said they are not doing that. That is a huge deal breaker on that alone for a lot of people, and they are going to lose out massively on sales.

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardeiute (Post 856264)
Im curious if Microsoft will take that used game fee away after the huge backlash it's received, and now that Sony has said they are not doing that. That is a huge deal breaker on that alone for a lot of people, and they are going to lose out massively on sales.

They already said that there isn't a fee.

Ardeiute 06-10-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferlion (Post 856268)
They already said that there isn't a fee.

Microsoft did? I know Sony just said that. I didn't see the Xbox show this morning, did they retract the fee for used games function?

Ragnahar 06-10-2013 07:54 PM

Microsoft has that 24 hour verification thing, and there are doubts about trade ins on their console. Sony came out big at the end with all the stuff they mentioned.

Garotar 06-10-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardeiute (Post 856273)
Microsoft did? I know Sony just said that. I didn't see the Xbox show this morning, did they retract the fee for used games function?

More or less. You can only give a game away once, and only authorized retailers can sell used ones.

Ruinshin 06-10-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragemantle (Post 856275)
Microsoft has that 24 hour verification thing, and there are doubts about trade ins on their console. Sony came out big at the end with all the stuff they mentioned.

They said it