Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   WarCraft Lore Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Horde's Position going into the Legion Expansion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=217196)

BaronGrackle 08-11-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taintedmage (Post 1350609)
If I understand correctly, the entire lore reason why the class factions are supposedly getting together is because the Horde and Alliance are too busy at each other's throats (again)

I betcha the popularity of Hearthstone has made people start to identify more strongly with their class, than with their faction. Eh? Eh? :naughty:

Kir the Wizard 08-11-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

If I understand correctly, the entire lore reason why the class factions are supposedly getting together is because the Horde and Alliance are too busy at each other's throats (again) in order to effectively deal with the Legion so it's basically up to the "neutrals" to stop the Legion since the others just can't stop killing each other.

Maybe it's just a commentary on the fact that "faction dualism" exists at all. I mean, 'The Cycle of Hatred' was supposedly about "how Alliance and Horde came into war by the time of WoW". Which they didn't.

Marthen 08-11-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

If I understand correctly, the entire lore reason why the class factions are supposedly getting together is because the Horde and Alliance are too busy at each other's throats (again) in order to effectively deal with the Legion so it's basically up to the "neutrals" to stop the Legion since the others just can't stop killing each other.

As far as I know, not really. I watched the presentation, read the interviews and web, and I think this is not really a case. It is just a misconception, albeit the one founded upon Blizzard's clumsy writing (once again). Yes, there is this quote, but as they explained in the same presentation (and in subsequent interviews) this quote appeared in, it is not really meant as; the Alliance and Horde are fighting each other instead of fighting the Legion, so the class orders need to do it for them, but more as; after the Broken Shore, the Alliance and Horde are devastated and in a state of complete disarray, yet even in this situation, they are not able to work together and blame each other for the whole situation, so the class orders need to it for them. It might look as a minor difference, but in my opinion, while the first one is nonsensical, the second one actually is plausible, to a degree.

Kir the Wizard 08-12-2015 04:48 AM

I understood all that from the first sight of the quote. How could anyone think "OMG, war again!"?

Feltongue 08-12-2015 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1350584)
AU Stuff = Irrelevant.

Black Harvest is such a corny name. It makes you feel like some unlucky farmer, instead of a shadowy warlock.

I better get a fanged skull throne, hanging cages with gyrating succubi and a bloodstained Altar of Storms.

Marthen 08-12-2015 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1351048)
I understood all that from the first sight of the quote. How could anyone think "OMG, war again!"?

Because people became so jaded that they always think of the worst possible outcome, even if it is clearly not a case.

Noitora 08-12-2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthen (Post 1351059)
Because people became so jaded that they always think of the worst possible outcome, even if it is clearly not a case.

Do you think this is the case? We're going by history.

Apep 08-12-2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feltongue (Post 1351058)
I better get a fanged skull throne, hanging cages with gyrating succubi and a bloodstained Altar of Storms.

You could just make your own Black Harvest, with blackjack and hookers.

Siegrune 08-12-2015 08:06 AM

Real orcish warlocks play bones, not blackjack.

ijffdrie 08-12-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 1350599)
That's not how class halls work.

The only true warlocks are orc warlocks?

I mean, gnomish and human warlocks are just bi-curious mages, troll warlocks are really confused priests, dwarf warlocks are cultural exchange students, blood elf warlocks are merely trying to be trendy and who knows what's up with worgen warlocks anyway.

Westlee 08-12-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthen (Post 1351059)

I expect the worst, and am never disappointed.

Apep 08-12-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijffdrie (Post 1351365)

I mean, gnomish and human warlocks are just bi-curious mages, troll warlocks are really confused priests, dwarf warlocks are cultural exchange students, blood elf warlocks are merely trying to be trendy and who knows what's up with worgen warlocks anyway.

But orc Warlocks are just duped Shaman.

ijffdrie 08-12-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apep (Post 1351378)
But orc Warlocks are just duped Shaman.

That was the first generation. True warlocks are the ones descended from the Stormreaver legacy, as well as the fel lords of the shattered realm of Draenor.

Feltongue 08-12-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apep (Post 1351142)
You could just make your own Black Harvest, with blackjack and hookers.

I actually got Challenger with my team Red Harvest.
We even had a hooker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijffdrie (Post 1351365)

What about dead humans?

ijffdrie 08-12-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feltongue (Post 1351530)
What about dead humans?

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what exactly their lore background is. Were they already warlocks in life?

Feltongue 08-12-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijffdrie (Post 1351534)
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what exactly their lore background is. Were they already warlocks in life?

I don't know.
You also forgot Goblins.

ijffdrie 08-12-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feltongue (Post 1351535)
I don't know.
You also forgot Goblins.

Goblins aren't warlocks. They are "Specialized Companion providers". The fireballs are just there to keep customers and "Companions" in line. The real point is summoning succubi, incubi, felguards, man'ari (very popular since the draenei arrival on Azeroth), and, for weirdos, voidwalkers and fel hunters.

Rhllor 08-12-2015 07:59 PM

reliqary and blood knight have a rol

Kir the Wizard 08-13-2015 06:11 AM

http://krakou57.free.fr/War3/Models/...rlockGreen.jpg
ChaosWarlockGreen

Noitora 08-18-2015 02:36 PM

So I've been thinking about this, the orcs still don't have a leader. They may go into Legion without one, or even leave without one. Sylvanas may die or leave behind the Forsaken. What if we start seeing races with no leaders? That they serve only the Warchief?

Ma Caque Attaque 08-18-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 1354188)
So I've been thinking about this, the orcs still don't have a leader. They may go into Legion without one, or even leave without one. Sylvanas may die or leave behind the Forsaken. What if we start seeing races with no leaders? That they serve only the Warchief?

Thrall is still the orc leader, but not in a official capacity if the racial page is anything to go by.

And all of the races only serve the Warchief, if you think about it. They swear loyalty as the sword and shield to whatever the Warchief tells them to do. It's part of why they rebelled in the first place.

Noitora 08-18-2015 03:19 PM

We assume that Thrall is the Orc leader, and technically he led the Horde forces on Draenor, but official or otherwise, he hasn't really led the Orcs specifically.

ijffdrie 08-18-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noitora (Post 1354203)
We assume that Thrall is the Orc leader, and technically he led the Horde forces on Draenor

Pretty sure that we were the technical leader. Thrall just kinda hung around, wandered aimlessly, or played second to family members (incl. honorary uncle Drek'thar).

Hagrid 08-21-2015 07:23 PM

What the Horde gained in the faction-war has been lost or completely used of resources. Orgrimmar in ruins. Garrison was probably built from the leftovers...

ijffdrie 08-21-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard (Post 1351814)

Truly, the finest of their kind!