Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Godzilla..... (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=216059)

Ardeiute 05-16-2014 12:40 AM

Godzilla.....
 
So. Fucking. Disappointed.

That is all I have to say.

Gromak 05-16-2014 01:42 AM

Haven't seen it yet, though I looked forward to it. How bad was it and why?

Bolvar 05-16-2014 01:58 AM

Well, that's discouraging... I was kind of looking forward to it..

Ragnahar 05-16-2014 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 1125018)
Well, that's discouraging... I was kind of looking forward to it..

I wouldn't freak out, i've heard a ton of good shit about it.

Commander Rotal 05-16-2014 02:55 AM

It has the biggest Godzilla yet, and he doesn't seem to suffer from Cybertronitis (though i fear Cloverfield Syndrom). Quite frankly the only real way to fuck this up for me is if they spend TOO much time on the humans. It's a Pacific Rim situation - yes, the movie is probably going to be really, really stupid, but you don't watch Godzilla for the story. It usually barely has one :rolleyes:

Tauren Paly 05-16-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotal (Post 1125031)
It has the biggest Godzilla yet, and he doesn't seem to suffer from Cybertronitis (though i fear Cloverfield Syndrom). Quite frankly the only real way to fuck this up for me is if they spend TOO much time on the humans. It's a Pacific Rim situation - yes, the movie is probably going to be really, really stupid, but you don't watch Godzilla for the story. It usually barely has one :rolleyes:

thats what my bf and friends said when they saw it.

Your not here to watch some bullshit story told by humans about how big godzilla is, if you want that go read clifford the big red dog.
Your here to watch a fun romp about big G doing his thing, and hopefully killing Shia LaBeouf in the process with one stomp.

Commander Rotal 05-16-2014 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tauren Paly (Post 1125038)
Shia LaBeouf

is in this movie?
...
http://www.allmystery.de/i/t66b9dc_nooo_display.jpg?bc




no really, i'd actually assume a Godzilla movie has too little story to conflict itself in too many errors, the CGI (*sigh*) looks okay and the destruction seems fine. My main worry is that they may end up not showing him enough due to all the talk about how they don't want to treat him like a monster but a force of nature.
I'd certainly welcome a GOOD Godzilla movie but in a pinch i can live with "bad but has Godzilla in it".

Tauren Paly 05-16-2014 03:51 AM

he's not, i just wish for big G to stomp him anyway.

Commander Rotal 05-16-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tauren Paly (Post 1125042)
he's not, i just wish for big G to stomp him anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/XKxqPbI.gif

miffy23 05-16-2014 04:01 AM

I'm actually looking forward to it, it can't be worse than the 1998 version, Godzilla looks fucking awesome, and it has Bryan Cranston. I'm not expecting Othello.

Rotal, get that brony shit out of here...ugh.

Commander Rotal 05-16-2014 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miffy23 (Post 1125050)
Rotal, get that brony shit out of here...ugh.

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/u...ittle-Pony.gif

Hammerbrew 05-16-2014 04:16 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...fa1UoQeunAm-Tu

Gromak 05-16-2014 04:23 AM

This thread is already infected with ponys. We must burn it to make sure that it doesn't spread to the rest of the forum.

miffy23 05-16-2014 04:25 AM

They must be chemically sterilized to ensure the safety of future generations.

Hammerbrew 05-16-2014 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gromak (Post 1125060)
This thread is already infected with ponys. We must burn it to make sure that it doesn't spread to the rest of the forum.

You're too late.

The fire rises.

miffy23 05-16-2014 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1125062)
You're too late.

The fire rises.

http://api.ning.com/files/FqkiRUfegC...x304132453.jpg

Drusus 05-16-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerbrew (Post 1125059)

Not you too.

http://media.desura.com/images/group...dea503aa9d.png

Hammerbrew 05-16-2014 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drusus (Post 1125075)
Not you too.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Mutterscrawl 05-16-2014 08:47 AM

I've heard good things about it so far.

BaronGrackle 05-16-2014 09:17 AM

How big is Mothra's role? I saw him in one of the trailers, I think.

neoshadow 05-16-2014 09:39 AM

http://i50.tinypic.com/29f5s21.png

I tried searching for Godzilla mlp. WHAT DID I FIND

Tauren Paly 05-16-2014 09:53 AM

Big G's a sweetheart.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2...niqdo1_400.jpg

Bolvar 05-16-2014 09:56 AM

Certified Fresh by Rotten Tomatoes.

ijffdrie 05-16-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1125143)
http://i50.tinypic.com/29f5s21.png

I tried searching for Godzilla mlp. WHAT DID I FIND

Okay, I'd love to know what the hell the context for that is.

Euphemialibritannia 05-16-2014 10:45 AM

Shoot I forgot that was this month! Between this and Maleficent this month rocks!

neoshadow 05-16-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijffdrie (Post 1125150)
Okay, I'd love to know what the hell the context for that is.

shipping episode with big mac.

Mark_Romaneck 05-16-2014 11:45 AM

Gona watch it today

Im of the opinion that Godzilla is a walking fusion reactor, thats why he can move being that size, shoot lasers from his mouth, dig holes when it needs to and does not starve being of that monumental constitution.


Im also sure that he would wreck all the jaegers at the same time

Ma Caque Attaque 05-16-2014 01:17 PM

I will see it and compare it with the original Godzilla movie from the 50s. Both the original and Ray Bradbury edition...

Bolvar 05-16-2014 01:31 PM

Look, if it doesn't have Matthew Broderick trying to convince a 20-story-lizard to squat over a pregnancy test, I'm just not interested.

Gortrash 05-16-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolvar (Post 1125250)
Look, if it doesn't have Matthew Broderick trying to convince a 20-story-lizard to squat over a pregnancy test, I'm just not interested.

That's a lot of fish.

miffy23 05-16-2014 02:14 PM

You said this was French Roast!!

Ruinshin 05-16-2014 07:53 PM

Going to see it Sunday on the RPX. Should be fun.

Falarson 05-16-2014 11:05 PM

Not gonna lie. I cried.

Godzilla is just an adorable death machine. All hail the King of the Monsters!

Dithon1 05-16-2014 11:27 PM

How did I miss a pony infestation?

My one and only contribution to the madness:

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/...rpy-980348.gif

Omacron 05-17-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaronGrackle (Post 1125133)
How big is Mothra's role? I saw him in one of the trailers, I think.

Nada. There was an early trailer that showed a giant milipede looking thing (that wasn't a mothra larva) but it doesn't appear in the film. It looks like the giant millipede was either unused concept art or morphed into one of the two enemy monsters of the film, MUTOs, which are sexually dimorphic insectoid giants, the female of which is like a giant spider while the male resembles more of a bat, and which were the natural prey of Goji's species millennia ago.
The filmmakers only got the license to use Godzilla, not any of the other toho monsters. Shame, I would've loved to see Jet Jaguar played by the man the role was made for, Jack Nicholson.

I may see it tomorrow with my buddy. I'm an unabashed godzilla fanboy.

Euphemialibritannia 05-17-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dithon1 (Post 1125500)
How did I miss a pony infestation?

My one and only contribution to the madness:

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/...rpy-980348.gif

And here I thought you were one of the cool ones.

ijffdrie 05-17-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia (Post 1125625)
And here I thought you were one of the cool ones.

Ain't no one on this forum as fly as Dithon.

Dithon1 05-17-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijffdrie (Post 1125633)
Ain't no one on this forum as fly as Dithon.

Damn right. You listen to my man The Pink Hat; he'll set y'all straight.

Tauren Paly 05-17-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dithon1 (Post 1125662)
Damn right. You listen to my man The Pink Hat; he'll set y'all straight.

Do you even know what is under his shroud of darkness?

http://i.imgur.com/WKH2L8A.jpg

Dithon1 05-17-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tauren Paly (Post 1125675)

Bolvar, you had better replace Jeffry's avatar with this image right now.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.