Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   WarCraft Lore Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bovine University (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=216798)

TerrorhoofMayo 03-05-2015 11:56 AM

Bovine University

Because they are my favorite race.

Before WoW was released I had the intention of making an orc warrior. When I played the open beta I decided to give the tauren a try. Even though I didn't get to keep my character, I liked taurens enough to roll another one with the game's release.

So this is a thread for all things tauren.

They used to have four fingers...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140212134228

And stood with much better posture...

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow....1ba818b43a771dhttp://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Escalation.jpg

Magatha needs to make a come back, with a legion of Darth Maul taurens.

Lord Grimtale 03-05-2015 12:02 PM

I think Tauren are cool as a race concept. I'm not sure if this is an appreciation thread or not, but I will say that I would like them much better if Blizzard gave them more respectful writing. Kind of in the same boat with Worgen for me, a race I want to like but find it difficult due to what they're offered.

That said I think their in-game model looks good ever since the revamp, wish I had time to level a Tauren character somewhere.

Shaman 03-05-2015 12:03 PM

There was a funny bit in Lands of Mystery where Brann goes to Thunder Bluff and is impressed by tauren engineering and considers teaching them about rifles and gunpowder, but decides against it.

ZhulDjinn 03-05-2015 12:04 PM

Didnt they use to have this nice posture in wow beta/alpha ?
Love tauren anyway since wc3. Cairne was some of my favourite char, too bad they didn't do much with him in wow apart from having him be killed by Garrosh.

TerrorhoofMayo 03-05-2015 12:05 PM

Appreciation/discussion/whatever thread really. And can you imagine if taurens mastered the production of firearms? They'd be walking around with freaking cannons in comparison.

Nazja 03-05-2015 12:05 PM

Tauren are the race that needs racial gear the most. Also, tauren start with guns instead of bows, so Brann's reluctance didn't matter.

Anansi 03-05-2015 12:06 PM

I'm not entirely sure of the proper usage of the tag 'races I've mounted' but I've chosen to interpret it in this case to mean 'races that you might hang over your mantle.'

Shaman 03-05-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZhulDjinn (Post 1272062)
Didnt they use to have this nice posture in wow beta/alpha ?
Love tauren anyway since wc3. Cairne was some of my favourite char, too bad they didn't do much with him in wow apart from having him be killed by Garrosh.

He does have a pretty big role in The Shattering though, there's a lot of tauren stuff in that book.

Lord Grimtale 03-05-2015 12:10 PM

I've had the urge to try leveling a Tauren Monk and pretend he's a Runemaster. The WoD Monk PvP armor makes it easy to visualize that but I don't think Runemasters did any kung fu moves, did they?

Nazja 03-05-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale (Post 1272071)
I've had the urge to try leveling a Tauren Monk and pretend he's a Runemaster. The WoD Monk PvP armor makes it easy to visualize that but I don't think Runemasters did any kung fu moves, did they?

I dunno. They were like martial artists, weren't they?

Shaman 03-05-2015 12:12 PM

Perith Stormhoof! He's my favorite cow

Noitora 03-05-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman (Post 1272074)
Perith Stormhoof! He's my favorite cow

You have odd tastes in cows.

Lord Grimtale 03-05-2015 12:48 PM

Tauren off-shoots tend to be really cool. I like how savage the Taunka are and I kinda wish there existed Yaungol who weren't evil.

Nazja 03-05-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale (Post 1272094)
Tauren off-shoots tend to be really cool. I like how savage the Taunka are and I kinda wish there existed Yaungol who weren't evil.

They aren't evil. Aren't there some neutral yaungol vendors?

Commander Rotal 03-05-2015 01:03 PM

Tauren need Plainsrunning done the exact same way Running Wild was done.
Tauren also need their necks back. And fingers, apparently.
Tauren are best pony.
Baine for Warchief 2016.
Fuck Orcs. All of them.
Fuck Trolls too. All of them.
That is all.

TerrorhoofMayo 03-05-2015 01:03 PM

I never got the impression that they were evil, just invaders. I might be wrong or not remember a couple things though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotal (Post 1272102)

I remember this. It could have been done so easily too. Instead what we get is nerfed kodos.

Lord Grimtale 03-05-2015 01:47 PM

Well I mean in the sense of we'll never get a sympathetic PoV for them and they'll always be portrayed as antagonists. We even killed their god in 5.4.

Shaman 03-05-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotal (Post 1272102)
Tauren also need their necks back. And fingers, apparently.
Tauren are best pony.
Baine for Warchief 2016.
Fuck Orcs. All of them.
Fuck Trolls too. All of them.
That is all.

Baine employs a cool bit of plainsrunning against Orno Grimtotem in the final Mulgore quests!

Orno Grimtotem says: You will die in shame like your pathetic father.
Baine Bloodhoof says: It took a coward's poison and the fury of Hellscream to bring my father down.
Baine Bloodhoof says: WHAT CHANCE HAVE YOU?

*Baine charges and cleaves Orno's head open*

Lord Grimtale 03-05-2015 03:03 PM

Baine really should have hated Garrosh more for killing his father. In fact, if I remember, Baine was a lot more emotional and wanted you to go out and kill some Dwarves during vanilla.

Triceron 03-05-2015 03:04 PM

Personally I've never been a fan of the Tauren because to me they represent the downfall of the ideals of the old Horde. I was never a fan of the peaceful Shamanism stuff.

That being said, it's hard to imagine Warcraft as it is today without the Tauren.

TerrorhoofMayo 03-05-2015 03:25 PM

If your tauren friend hands you a glass of milk, would you drink it?

Anansi 03-05-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo (Post 1272229)

Trick question. There's no such thing as a tauren friend.

Nazja 03-05-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

You know, to us, it should be weird that every adult in Warcraft is able to drink milk.

Shaman 03-05-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

:taurenico: Eagerly!

Mertico 03-05-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1272097)
They aren't evil. Aren't there some neutral yaungol vendors?

We're the evil ones. We come to their land and kill their timeless fire god.

But they're actually pretty neutral.