Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Better Beta Thread (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=220419)

Trickster 11-21-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurehax (Post 1391386)

We can kinda notice the cliff overlooking the Krasarang Wilds at the bottom. And the Storm Peaks in the North. It's cool, but we all know it will be retconned by 2-3 expansions, probably.

Gurzog 11-21-2015 03:46 PM

what a piece of shit map. pandaria was a peninsula.

also QUEL'THALAS, Like HELLO? WHERE IS IT? you can see lordamere lake and andorhal cesspit. (and orgrimmar)

GenyaArikado 11-21-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1391411)
Hyjal is the end of that path into Kalimdor.

Is there a map with the locations?

Insane Guy of Doom 11-21-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickster (Post 1391349)
We're supposed to be glad that the town made of Gilnean Refuges after the Horde's attack is neutral and open to them? Are you serious?

I meant it like this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1391350)
I think the "at least" is more "as far as we can see from that video".

Ma Caque Attaque 11-21-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1391400)
Location Strings. Its down under "new areas"

Not much info but it was something that caught my eye amidst it all.

Good catch, there is also an area called "Greymane's Offensive", and not seeing anything regarding Varian, so it appears as though Genn is leading the charge so something must have happened with Varian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1391401)
Maybe Blizzard will make the UVG Crowley not-canon.

Maybe that's (one of the reasons) why UVG 2.0 is being made.

Maybe I'll be able cheer for Mr. Crowley once more.

I would hope so, I would really hope so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickster (Post 1391409)
Theses survivors come straight from Gilneas. They never reached Kalimdor. It doesn't make sense storywise for them to be neutral. And when you consider what Genn and Sylvanas are doing in Stormheim, it doesn't make sense for any Worgen to open his door to the Horde.

All of the Gilnean surivors came straight from Gilneas. And yet not a single one of them were about attacking the Horde. They couldn't even show up for SoO despite every single Alliance race, except draenei which is understandable, showing up there and no other Alliance race can say that they lost their entire nation to the Horde and yet not send anyone to take down the guy who was responsible.

Insane Guy of Doom 11-21-2015 03:52 PM

They said having Genn be present in the vision of Garrosh's defeat but not the actual raid was an "intentional decision," so Blizzard did have a reason for it, just no idea what it could be.

Yaskaleh 11-21-2015 03:53 PM

Sweet, Enhancement Shaman seem to maybe get a charge ability and a blink ability. One of them will probably be cut. The spells look great.

Ma Caque Attaque 11-21-2015 03:54 PM

SouthshorevsTarrenMill - Southshore vs. Tarren Mill

Guess who's back, back again....

Has anyone gone through all of the various locations that the Legion is suppose to attack? Quite eclectic

Trickster 11-21-2015 03:54 PM

The absence of Worgen in SoO is because Blizzard just preferred to please the Horde fans during the "Alliance fistbumping moment". I just consider we didn't see them, not that they were absent.

Nazja 11-21-2015 03:55 PM

Genn is Varian's Turalyon, so he had to leave him in SW, in the case that something happened.

SmokeBlader 11-21-2015 03:55 PM

I looked about mentions of Alleria and Turalyon and now I'm scared they might end up as corrupted bosses, so Blizz can do a cheap whatatwist moment.

Goddamn you all who wished for this.

Trickster 11-21-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 1391422)
I looked about mentions of Alleria and Turalyon and now I'm scared they might end up as corrupted bosses, so Blizz can do a cheap whatatwist moment.

Goddamn you all who wished for this.

Why are you even suprised? It's not the first time Blizz would do as idiots wanted.

Ma Caque Attaque 11-21-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1391421)
Genn is Varian's Turalyon, so he had to leave him in SW, in the case that something happened.

Yet another reason why Varian needs to get married, then she can go out and have adventures while he can stay in SW in case something happens.

Arakiba 11-21-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque (Post 1391416)
Good catch, there is also an area called "Greymane's Offensive", and not seeing anything regarding Varian, so it appears as though Genn is leading the charge so something must have happened with Varian.

Thanks! Was hoping to see stuff like this, though looking through all the strings and shit gets annoying after a while.

Artifact stuff, one of the Resto Shaman variants is a Tauren-style one, looks like.

Gurzog 11-21-2015 03:57 PM

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...zed/490267.jpg

new khadgar model:

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...zed/490269.jpg

Also Wrathion interacts with Khadgar in his voice files.

Trickster 11-21-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1391427)

Really cool.

Ma Caque Attaque 11-21-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1391427)

Nelves are actually descended from val'kyr confirmed

Leviathon 11-21-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenyaArikado (Post 1391414)
Is there a map with the locations?

I'm aligning them myself but Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are the parts that don't fit well since they made the overall area larger.

Ma Caque Attaque 11-21-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakiba (Post 1391426)
Thanks! Was hoping to see stuff like this, though looking through all the strings and shit gets annoying after a while.

There is also "Queen's Reprisal" so I'll presume that it's related to Sylvanas, so the Alliance is on the offensive while the Horde is on the defensive.

Leviathon 11-21-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1391413)
what a piece of shit map. pandaria was a peninsula.

also QUEL'THALAS, Like HELLO? WHERE IS IT? you can see lordamere lake and andorhal cesspit. (and orgrimmar)

Quel'thalas is shown in the vanilla style not game style. It feels like parts of the map were based on older looks of Azeroth and not the current.

After looking at it more I think the northern path into Kalimdor is Azshara.

Ruinshin 11-21-2015 04:19 PM

The paths on the map go to roughly known NE cities. Vashjr and blasedlands, feralas, the one in winterspring... I wonder what the south and northern most ones are.

Leviathon 11-21-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruinshin (Post 1391433)
The paths on the map go to roughly known NE cities. Vashjr and blasedlands, feralas, the one in winterspring... I wonder what the south and northern most ones are.

It's the Vale and Throne of Thunder. Just like the northern path is the Path of Titans. There's no reason they wouldn't repurpose paths that were already there.

Nazja 11-21-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruinshin (Post 1391433)

The city in Crystalsong?

Falarson 11-21-2015 04:22 PM

I don't know if you guys discussed this but Alleria has gone Fel.

I fucking hate Blizzard right now.

Nazja 11-21-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falarson (Post 1391436)
I don't know if you guys discussed this but Alleria has gone Fel.

I fucking hate Blizzard right now.

She has? Wasn't she just imprisoned by the inquisitor demons?

Yes! Better dead than red, in her case.