Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   WarCraft Lore Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Azeroth World Map (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=240)

Warlock 12-11-2005 05:32 PM

Azeroth World Map

While you guys wait on the rest of the SoL content, I thought I would show you this map I created for the site.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/warlock/worldmapsm.gif

Edit: ZOMG it's updated!

UndeadScottsman 12-11-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock
While you guys wait on the rest of the SoL content, I thought I would show you this map I created for the site.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/warlock/worldmapsm.gif

Cool; though I'm not sure why you labled Ashenvale, the Barrens, Un'goro and Sithilus but none of the other zones. :)

Warlock 12-11-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndeadScottsman
Cool; though I'm not sure why you labled Ashenvale, the Barrens, Un'goro and Sithilus but none of the other zones. :)

I couldn't name everything otherwise it would have been too cluttered. They will all be named on the map section (after you click a continent you will get a bigger map of that continent). I just picked some of the more significant areas.

UndeadScottsman 12-11-2005 07:01 PM

I'd suggest instead of doing that; just list all the major settlements and outposts. (Like Nighthaven or places like Razorfen Downs)

Kakwakas 12-11-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndeadScottsman
I'd suggest instead of doing that; just list all the major settlements and outposts. (Like Nighthaven or places like Razorfen Downs)

Yeah, that'd be the best way to do it.

Ravenclaw2099 12-12-2005 05:16 PM

Kazan? Balor? Aiji? So those are the names of those islands..whats the story behind those?

Yuber8900 12-12-2005 05:31 PM

Didn't you have Hiji listed as the Dragon Isles on that Old God map?

Warlock 04-03-2006 04:30 PM

Hmm.. Lands of Mystery came.... I have some updating to do :P

Vicious 04-03-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Hmm.. Lands of Mystery came.... I have some updating to do :P

So Warlock.....did i ever tell you what a great orc you are?

Warlock 04-03-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
So Warlock.....did i ever tell you what a great orc you are?

;)

When I say updating, I mean a lot. Most of the Islands are mislabeled (this is their fault, they labeled them wrong in other maps :P)

Kaziel 04-03-2006 05:43 PM

While not as global as Warlock's map, another one to look at that's a bit more detailed is: http://www.kaldorei.com/worldmap/

WootZoot 04-03-2006 07:00 PM

Warlock, i couldnt help but notice you drew Westfall as its own island. that iw way wrong. it connected to elwynn north of the river.

Warlock 04-03-2006 08:42 PM

Some quick corrections for you until I do them:

Kazan becomes Tel Abim
Undermine becomes Kezan (yes!)
Hiji becomes Plunder Isle
Balor becomes Zandalar

And westfall isn't an island. that's a river.

WootZoot 04-03-2006 09:20 PM

well that little river that you drew flowing north doesent exist.

Kaziel 04-03-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Balor becomes Zandalar

WHOA! That's huge news! We now have a location from which the Zandalar tribe originated. *gasp*

Ravenclaw2099 04-04-2006 11:33 PM

I was wondering where the Zandalar came from originally. But seeing that they're so close to the Maelstrom, it wouldn't surprise me if they are currently at war with the Naga, or other unholy entities that have spawned from there.

I also find it surprising that the island itself remained afloat after the sundering (seeing as how it's so close to the focal point of the catclysmic event), and even more surprising that the Zandalar were able to hold that piece of land (and its surrounding areas, pre-sundering) against the Night Elves, who also spawned their civilization near the Old well of Eternity/Maelstrom.

Of course, by then the Night elves likely had to contend with the other tribes/species that had splintered off from the grandfather tribe.

Man, I can't wait to learn more Troll lore. I hope they make a novel series about their history. And more stuff on the Tauren too.

WootZoot 04-05-2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Kazan becomes Tel Abim

at long last we learn where Bananas come from.

wow lore is now complete.

Warlock 04-05-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WootZoot

Damn, I knew that name souded familiar.

Kaziel 04-05-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the name... :kawaii:

Bradford 04-05-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

My monkey pet loves his Nanners.

Doomhammer 04-05-2006 12:49 PM

I was watching my sister play and she was turning in things from a ZG run and she got some item and the troll said this was a remenant from the old empire when the Zandalar lived on the island that Undermine is on he also said that they had a war with the goblins for it. I may have read it wrong but I think thats what he said.

Rebirth 04-05-2006 02:25 PM

Im all for the Tauren lore, but are there any offshoots of them? Like the trolls have X amount of races, the NE's ave HE/BE Satyrs and NAga. And apparnetly Tauren are one of the most ancient races....

Kaziel 04-05-2006 02:58 PM

While they are one of the most ancient of races, they are one of the newest "Race groups" to be added to the system. In fact going by the major races or race groups, Tauren are the most recently added.

Humans: WC1
Dwarven racial family (may include Gnomes...): WC2, expanded in WoW
Elven racial family: WC2, expanded in WC3 and WC3x
Orcs: WC1
Troll racial family: WC2, expanded in WC3 and WoW
Ogres: WC1
Goblins: WC2
Tauren: WC3

So honestly, it doesn't seem too surprising to me that Tauren don't have any offshoots, since they are one of the newest races designed, and are still, to a degree, being fleshed out.

Ravenclaw2099 04-05-2006 11:34 PM

Kaziel raises a good point. It also must be noted that the Troll and Night elf offshoots are basically minor varations of their respective original forms (One of the main differences being skin colours, either brought on by evolutionary or magical means). The only exception are the Satyr and Naga, who were both magiically warped by their dark masters (Sargeras and the Old Gods, respectively).

As for the Tauren, we could eventually stumble across an offshoot of their kind, but it would have to be a change on par with that of the Naga and/or Satyr. Simply put, while a tan/brown troll is a Desert troll, and green one is a Forest troll, a Tauren of a different skin tone is still Tauren.

Hope that last part made sense.

Bradford 04-06-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenclaw2099
Kaziel raises a good point. It also must be noted that the Troll and Night elf offshoots are basically minor varations of their respective original forms (One of the main differences being skin colours, either brought on by evolutionary or magical means). The only exception are the Satyr and Naga, who were both magiically warped by their dark masters (Sargeras and the Old Gods, respectively).

As for the Tauren, we could eventually stumble across an offshoot of their kind, but it would have to be a change on par with that of the Naga and/or Satyr. Simply put, while a tan/brown troll is a Desert troll, and green one is a Forest troll, a Tauren of a different skin tone is still Tauren.

Hope that last part made sense.

There are cows in Elwynn and Westfall. OMFGWTFPWNED THATS THE NEW ALLIANCE RACE!!! COWS!!

/sigh :glare: