Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   General Blizzard Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   All the ugly Blizzard Crossover Theories (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=220676)

Menel'dirion 04-09-2016 09:11 AM

All the ugly Blizzard Crossover Theories
 
Lets hear it...... How do Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo all mesh into one universe?

So far, what I've got is:
Ainu was a crystaline entity who dreamed with in a pearl right? Ainu was a World Soul, who emerged as a Titan and attempted to separate itself from the Old God Corruption, which took the form of a 7 headed Dragon. You can see where this goes from there.

Xel'Naga come from 2 species coming together. Nephalem were the first Xel'Naga.

:angry:Let the Hatred Spew:angry:

GenyaArikado 04-09-2016 11:04 AM

Warcraft was simply a previous cycle. Perhaps the cycle where amon was uplifted.

SmokeBlader 04-09-2016 11:18 AM

Each franchise has it's own universe which is part of a grand multiverse. The multiverse was spawned by the Blizzard pantheon who can manipulate it's existence at will.

Omacron 04-09-2016 11:23 AM

Blackthorne is really Mike Morhaim

DreamingGod 04-09-2016 04:31 PM

Every universe is it's own cycle or universe within the Void. When the Light and Void clash, we get a Universe. The Xel'naga do as they do from the Void, and the Void Lords oppose them.

Revenant 04-09-2016 05:11 PM

The Xel'naga are a group of titans separate from the Pantheon.

Ulnar is derived from the same root word as Ulduar (Ul is space city, Uld is land-bound facility).

An Easter Egg in Ulnar implies that the Xel'naga are behind the protoss, zerg, and Burning Legion.

Anu is a titan that found itself alone in empty space, and so explored inward, eventually exploding into Light and Void halves.

Trag'Oul is Anu's Constellar, a type similar to Elegon.

Mutterscrawl 04-09-2016 05:17 PM

Diablo, Starcraft, and World of Warcraft are popular game series in the Overwatch Universe.

DreamingGod 04-09-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revenant (Post 1461360)
The Xel'naga are a group of titans separate from the Pantheon.

Ulnar is derived from the same root word as Ulduar (Ul is space city, Uld is land-bound facility).

An Easter Egg in Ulnar implies that the Xel'naga are behind the protoss, zerg, and Burning Legion.

Anu is a titan that found itself alone in empty space, and so explored inward, eventually exploding into Light and Void halves.

Trag'Oul is Anu's Constellar, a type similar to Elegon.

The only reason my head canon doesn't have the Xel'naga as Titans is because they look so different, and the Xel'naga lifecycle. But the language is really similar. Perhaps they share a language for [reasons]?

Revenant 04-09-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamingGod (Post 1461371)
The only reason my head canon doesn't have the Xel'naga as Titans is because they look so different, and the Xel'naga lifecycle. But the language is really similar. Perhaps they share a language for [reasons]?

Xel'naga look like whatever they want, or giant squid-whales within the void. Given what Kerrigan turned into, it is possible that each generation is radically different.

Titans look like giant humanoid nebulae, metallic humanoids, planets, or avatars similar to the metallic forms (unless those are the avatars).

Both were born at the dawn of creation and do not have the ability to procreate normally.

The titans looked for more titans and despaired.

The Xel'naga took it upon themselves to find two races of successors when they began to die out. Keep in mind that in order for the cycle to make sense, each generation of Xel'naga has to outlive a universe.

Maybe the Pantheon is just really young by comparison.

DreamingGod 04-11-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revenant (Post 1461380)
Xel'naga look like whatever they want, or giant squid-whales within the void. Given what Kerrigan turned into, it is possible that each generation is radically different.

Titans look like giant humanoid nebulae, metallic humanoids, planets, or avatars similar to the metallic forms (unless those are the avatars).

Both were born at the dawn of creation and do not have the ability to procreate normally.

The titans looked for more titans and despaired.

The Xel'naga took it upon themselves to find two races of successors when they began to die out. Keep in mind that in order for the cycle to make sense, each generation of Xel'naga has to outlive a universe.

Maybe the Pantheon is just really young by comparison.

Perhaps...

One thing I've always thought is the Xel'naga predate each universe, and exist within the Void. Whereas the Titans are born in, and always reside in, the material universe. In a way, I'd say the Titan's would be the Xel'naga's firstborn. Perhaps a species with Purity of Essence?

What if, then, a Dark Titan is really the combination of Purity of Form and Purity of Essence?

(Speaking of, I always thought it weird it was the protoss with Purity of Form, and the zerg with Purity of Essence. I would think the hyper-psions would be pure of Essence, and the hyper-evolutionists would be pure of Form, mm?)

Mutterscrawl 04-11-2016 09:47 AM

Starcraft 7: Return of the Xel'naga

Revenant 04-11-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamingGod (Post 1462035)
(Speaking of, I always thought it weird it was the protoss with Purity of Form, and the zerg with Purity of Essence. I would think the hyper-psions would be pure of Essence, and the hyper-evolutionists would be pure of Form, mm?)

They used to emphasize that the protoss had perfect bodies that needed almost nothing and could survive anything short of a hail of bullets. When it finally became relevant, they went with the psionics being the main focus so that a powerful human could fit the bill.

Menel'dirion 04-12-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revenant (Post 1463006)
Aww man, I derailed a cool idea. Should I split this thread or delete half of it?

Split it.

In the mean time, Iwas resistant to the idea of the Xel'Naga being Titans due to differences in origins: 1 is the union f 2 species while the other are the souls of Worlds. But, if we consider a non-pantheon group world soul Titans (or maybe just one Titan) taking the Union of 2 species and making them their heirs...... It works out.

We're of a fairly similar mind regarding Ainu. I love the idea of Trag'oul being a Constellar.

DreamingGod 04-12-2016 06:43 PM

If I wear to set Diablo in the Warcraft Universe (not connected by the Void) I'd totally make Anu a World-Soul. It makes so much sense.

Revenant 04-12-2016 07:16 PM

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080504070219


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.