Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   WarCraft Fan Works (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Warcraft Diplomacy: War of the Three Hammers (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215859)

BaronGrackle 04-09-2014 05:01 PM

Warcraft Diplomacy: War of the Three Hammers

War of the Three Hammers
by Anansi

Send orders (or ask a question): Here

Rules References
Official rulebook: http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/diplomacy.pdf
Wiki version: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Diplomacy/Rules

Custom Scenario Rules
-Primary Quest: Capture 11 of the 20 supply centers!
-Secondary Quest: Become recognized as the High King of Khaz Modan
-No fleets or convoys; armies can enter sea spaces
-NOTE: Unlike last game, there will be home centers. This means you can only build armies in the two supply centers you begin the game with.

Player Ambassadors
Bronzebeard Clan: Thunderbraid
Dark Iron Clan: Trickster
Wildhammer Clan: Yaskaleh
Anvilmar Clan: Cemotucu
Gnomeregan: Ujimasa Hojo (formerly Anansi)
Stormwind: ijffdrie

Faction Backgrounds and Propaganda
(vacant)

Nonplayer Ambassadors
Stormpike Clan: Lord Grimtale
Gilneas: Ujimasa Hojo
Alterac: Tilgath
Kul Tiras: Drusus
Dalaran: Malygos
Lordaeron: Eagan
Quel'Thalas: belorealah
Steamwheedle Cartel: Shroombie
Stromgarde: (vacant)
Zul'Aman: (vacant)
Other: (vacant)

End of Year
4 Years After the First War for Ironforge

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5315337f.png

Bronzebeard
SUPPLY CENTERS (2)
Home Centers: Ironforge
Captured Centers: Stonewrought Dam
ARMIES (2)
Kharanos Huscarls: Stonewrought Dam
Thunderbraid Schiltrons: Morogh Mountains

Wildhammer
SUPPLY CENTERS (4)
Home Centers: Grim Batol, Lioneye's Watch
Captured Centers: Dun Modr, Saltstone Cape
ARMIES (4)
Dread Berserkers (Commander Kardun Firebeard): Bay of Thunder
Thundermar Hammerers (Commander Durgan Thundermar): The Great Sea
Northeron Stormguard (High Thane Khardros Widlhammer): Saltstone Cape
Doyle Gryphonriders (Wing Commander Keelen Doyle: Redsand Valley

Anvilmar
SUPPLY CENTERS (3)
Home Centers: Dun Khadgar
Captured Centers: Lethlor Oasis, Thelsamar
ARMIES (3)
High Royal Squadron of Mountaineers: Thelsamar
2# Division of Stonewrought Patrollers: Dun Morogh
Anvilmar Steeltroopers: The Wild Moor

Gnomeregan
SUPPLY CENTERS (5)
Home Centers: Gnomeregan, Gnomeregan Port District
Captured Centers: Coldridge Valley, The Cauldron, Gol'Bolar Quarry
ARMIES (5)
Walden Brigade (Commander Walden): Tinker's Bulwark
Ashbury Brigade (Commander Ashbury): Anvilmar Ridge
Godfrey Brigade (Commander Godfrey): Gol'Bolar Quarry
Marley Brigade (Commander Marley): Gnomeregan Shipping Lanes
Tulvan Brigade (Commander Tulvan): Gnomeregan

Stormwind
SUPPLY CENTERS (6)
Home Centers: Azeroth, Lakeshire
Captured Centers: Shadowforge, Eastgate, Thaurissan, Stormwinds Point
ARMIES (6)
Legions of Redridge (Duke Denrick): The Wracking Coast
Knights of Seven (Baron VanZantwick): Anvilmar Highlands
Knights of the Rose (Lord Victor Ravaillon): Stonewrought Pass
Knights of the Broken Circle (Baron Drueger): Mount Adamant
Royal Lancers (Prince Bernard): Thaurissan
Order of the Sword: Redridge

Background
In the age of kingdoms, new factions battled for dominance.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowp...ea84217a3b5e22

The dwarves of Ironforge Mountain lived in peace for many long centuries. However, their society grew too large within the confines of their mountain cities. Though the mighty High King, Modimus Anvilmar, ruled over all the dwarves with justice and wisdom, three powerful factions had arisen amongst the dwarven society.

The Bronzebeard clan, ruled by Thane Madoran Bronzebeard, held close ties to the High King and stood as the traditional defenders of Ironforge Mountain. The Wildhammer clan, ruled by Thane Khardros Wildhammer, inhabited the foothills and crags around the base of the mountain and sought to gain more control within the city. The third faction, the Dark Iron clan, was ruled by the sorcerer-thane Thaurissan. The Dark Irons hid within the deepest shadows under the mountain and plotted against both their Bronzebeard and Wildhammer cousins.

For a time the three factions kept a tenous peace, but tensions erupted when High King Anvilmar passed away from old age. The three ruling clans went to war for control of Ironforge itself. The dwarf civil war raged under the earth for many years. Eventually the Bronzebeards, who had the largest standing army, banished the Dark Irons and Wildhammers from under the mountain.

Khardros and his Wildhammer warriors traveled north through the barrier gates of Dun Algaz, and they founded their own kingdom within the distant peak of Grim Batol. Thaurissan, with his sorceress wife Modgud, led his Dark Irons far to the south and founded a city (which he named after himself) within the beautiful Redridge Mountains. The surviving Anvilmars, locked out of the struggle for Ironforge, fled to the eastern shore of Loch Modan and took refuge with loyalists in Dun Khadgar. Each of the dwarven clans were in a position to thrive and rebuild their stores of treasure, but it remained to be seen whether prosperity and the passing of years would ease their rancor toward each other.

Nor were the dwarves alone in their land. Humans, once united under Arathor, had long explored the southern regions of Khaz Modan. They and the dwarves shared many secrets of metal-smithing and engineering and discovered a common love for battle and storytelling. When faced with the dissolution of their own empire, the Arathi decided to travel south to the rocky mountains of Khaz Modan. They settled along Khaz Modan's border with the continent they would name Azeroth. There they founded the kingdom of Stormwind, hoping to become a self-sufficient power in their own right--under the possible leadership of houses such as Arathor, Lothar, Morgan, or Wrynn (the rumors are unclear).

And then there were the gnomes, who had somehow evolved into a technological wonder without any of their neighbors noticing. Formed from machine instead of stone, gnomes lacked the civil strife of their racial cousins and easily maintained unity as a people. Their race was "discovered" by humans and dwarves on separate occasions, the former sharing a magical affinity and the latter sharing a like curiosity and sense of invention. Allowed to settle near the gates of Ironforge itself, the people of Gnomeregan have a vested interest in the dwarves' civil war and the fate of the continent as a whole.

Three hammers of Ironforge, striking from one anvil.
Three hammers of the titans: man, gnome, and dwarf.
Three hammers of war for the world of Azeroth--first for Kalimdor, then for Lordaeron, and now for Khaz Modan.

For Khaz Modan is rich and unharvested, the old world and the new all at once. Young races vie for its control, eager to strike the continent and smelt it to an image of their choosing. Through steel, sorcery, and innovation, whoever masters the earth here could rule the present age and prove themselves the true heir to the titans... or they could forge a cataclysmic oblivion that eclipses the previous sundering of the world.

Khaz Modan calls for its High King. The hammers yearn again for a single handle. And by Khaz'goroth's eyebrows, the archeologists of future ages are pleading for you to create some awesome artifacts and battlefields for them to study later. Keep your beard long and your ale strong. Welcome to the world of Warcraft.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1396974574

Trickster 04-09-2014 05:19 PM

Fire an' ale!

Cemotucu 04-09-2014 05:58 PM

So... how many years since the deposing of the Anvilmars? 10? 20?

Anansi 04-09-2014 06:00 PM

Let's set it immediately after the establishment of Bronzebeard in Ironforge.

Cemotucu 04-09-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 1097914)
Let's set it immediately after the establishment of Bronzebeard in Ironforge.

:vile: Sweet. So the other clans are carving themselves a home :)

Trickster 04-09-2014 06:45 PM

So what are the clans' words? I assumed the following, feel free to change them if you want.

Dark Iron
Fire and ale!

Wildhammer
Higher up!

Bronzebeard
Carved in glory!

Anvilmar
Fear our wrath!

Yaskaleh 04-10-2014 01:05 AM

Wildhammer
Soaring higher!

Cemotucu 04-10-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickster (Post 1097943)
So what are the clans' words? I assumed the following, feel free to change them if you want.

Anvilmar family
Forging glory.

I'd prefer.

BaronGrackle 04-10-2014 07:29 AM

So I'm still trying to grasp the Lothar thing. Is this Kingdom of Stormwind, or no?

ijffdrie 04-10-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaronGrackle (Post 1098369)
So I'm still trying to grasp the Lothar thing. Is this Kingdom of Stormwind, or no?

To be honest, I'm not entirely clear myself. I think Anansi's take was that Azeroth is currently a fledgling state in the redridge mountains. Stormwind City doesn't exist yet and the Lothars are still in power

Cemotucu 04-10-2014 08:44 AM

While I don't enterely agree with that... guess we'll have to accept Anansi's take?

I believe the Lothars should be, at best, the family leading the Wrynn's army.

Anansi 04-10-2014 12:14 PM

God, do I honestly look like the kind of guy who knows this crap? I asked several times what we know about the humans of this time period and nobody gave me any sources.

Yaskaleh 04-10-2014 12:36 PM

Nation of the deported Lothars that'll soon lose their power to the Wrynns that'll shape the colonies to the future Stormwind/Azeroth.

Let that be the current fanon. We're already going outside of canon with this war.

ijffdrie 04-10-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 1098569)
God, do I honestly look like the kind of guy who knows this crap? I asked several times what we know about the humans of this time period and nobody gave me any sources.

That's because there are none. Basically, what we have is

Over a couple of thousand years ago: Lothar family departs Strom, to go do stuff in the south
At some point: Lother dynasty ends, replaced with Wrynns
Year zero: DARK PORTAL AGOOBA

Anansi 04-10-2014 12:42 PM

So what would the committee suggest? Lothars or Wrynns? Azeroth or Stormwind?

Yaskaleh 04-10-2014 12:51 PM

Azeroth under the Lothars. We can always say that their involvement in the war lead to the rise of the Wrynns.

Anansi 04-10-2014 01:22 PM

Well that was my first fanwanky inclination, but if Grackle and Ramses would prefer something else I feel they should have more say on the matter than the presiding High Tinker of Gnomeregan.

ijffdrie 04-10-2014 01:27 PM

I have no objections to anything or I'd have brought them up way back. You craft the circumstances for this war, and I'll just adapt and have fun doing so.

Cemotucu 04-10-2014 02:23 PM

My only objection is that Stormwind should be the name of the kingdom (regardless of wheter the Lothars of the Wrynns rule).

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seven Kingdoms
The descendents of the Arathi, left within the crumbling walls of ancient Strom, decided to travel south past the rocky mountains of Khaz Modan. Their journey finally ended after many long seasons, and they settled in the northern region of the continent they would name Azeroth. In a fertile valley they founded the kingdom of Stormwind, which quickly became a self-sufficient power in its own right.

Anansi 04-10-2014 02:55 PM

Is that ald lore or nu lore?

Cemotucu 04-10-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anansi (Post 1098784)
Is that ald lore or nu lore?

Lore that has not been retconned. :P

The Arathi descendants (sadly, we don't know their actual House name; could either be Thoradin, Arathi, Lothar) travelled south and founded Stomrwind.

Yaskaleh 04-11-2014 05:11 AM

What's the plan? When do we start?

BaronGrackle 04-11-2014 05:56 AM

My son Aiden was born yesterday! :)

(His name isn't really Aiden, but true story my wife suggested that as a possibility, so that's what I'll call him here. Our daughter Mara was super excited to be a big sister.)

I'll probably be in a better position to participate in about a week.

ijffdrie 04-11-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaronGrackle (Post 1099284)
My son Aiden was born yesterday! :)

(His name isn't really Aiden, but true story my wife suggested that as a possibility, so that's what I'll call him here. Our daughter Mara was super excited to be a big sister.)

I'll probably be in a better position to participate in about a week.

Well congratulations, mon.

Ujimasa Hojo 04-11-2014 08:11 AM

Why Aiden by the way? Warcraft Aiden does not really have a good track record :P