View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 03:44 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait - this Borderlands-thingy ISN'T an Ego Shooter? 'cause i don't give a shit about the Borderlands ego shooters but i'm a Telltale Adventure game whore. Is this something i, as a non-fan who knows absolutely nothing about the story, can get behind storywise? 'cause if so i need to play this. Do i need to play this?
I hated Borderlands. Its FPS mechanics were boring, the art style made me want to gouge my eyes out and its humour was extremely meh. I still - hesitantly - picked it up because it was Telltale. Needless to say I loved it which probably in part came from my total lack of hype, but yes from somebody who only had the bare details about the plot I got behind it easily enough. It focuses more on the characters than the 'world' anyway. It might help to know who Handsome Jack is but other than that? Nah.

Quote:
Edit: another thing. Am i understanding it correctly that the Game of Edge game is going to be set in the show's continuity? Or did they just use the actor designs and the seasons-as-time-marker for the broader audience? (in essence: do we know in which canon, if any, this is set?)
It's show canon, not the books, yeah. If I remember right the Forresters are one of the Houses who aid Stannis but there's not much information there otherwise.

Last edited by Drusus; 11-26-2014 at 03:46 AM..