View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 07:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I'm not going to go into some moral debate over which party is the least bad or has the least dumbfuck politicians in it. But I'll ask why people even vote for any of the two main parties if they're so fucking awful? You're collectively and continuously shooting yourselves in the foot by not breaking the status quo.

If I had to choose between bad and worse, I would go with neither. I'd find a third party candidate that actually stood for things I agreed with. Because voting tactically rather than voting for a party/candidate you actually support is the death of democracy.

I really hope Trump starts his own party, and that it gains some actual traction, if only for the sake of ending the Dem's and Rep's monopoly on governance and opening the door for more parties to be established.
You really have to be out of touch to not recognize that fake-woke neoliberalism, while all kinds of odious in it's own way, is far preferable to galloping fascism. I know which of the two I'd rather have as my opponent going forward: the one that wants me dead less. Pull your head out of your ass and become radical again Ani. The detached, irony-bro attitude is so played out. Saying the two party system sucks is so obvious at this point, you might as well say "Why aren't you more mad the sky is blue?" Trust me, Americans understand better than you how fucked it is. We fucking have to live here. Checking out isn't an option. Must be nice making such painfully obvious, galaxy-brain observations from a distance.

PS. A Trump party would effectively give Democrats permanent majoritarian rule by dividing the conservative base, so perhaps not the outcome you would hope for.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 02-08-2021 at 07:53 AM..