View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 01:58 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
No. Before i write anything else, I didnt say you couldnt disagree like you stated here

I dont think that either me or Yoggy has said your SC1/BW interpretation is invalid, because it isnt, while on the other hand you dont even acknowledge why we might see things that way, instead just outright saying our vision is "wrong" and "unfounded in the story". Disliking or disagreeing with our views on the story is perfectly fine and normal, but (in this specific case) outright saying they are "wrong" and "unfounded in the story" when this perception aligns with SC2 story makes you sound like you have your head shoved in your ass.

When I comment on the futility of continuing this debate, i do it because; despite your views being perfectly valid without taking in account the sequel, SC2's story was written taking as basis a perception of SC1/BW plot that differs from yours (but aligns with mine) so if we made this a "Who Got It Right" contest you wouln't be the winner, as in the end, "Blizz" who is the author of the plot, saw things differently to you. Maybe it's original vision of SC1/BW aligned with yours but by 2010 or whatever SC2 got released, they saw the story from a different perspective (one that aligned with mine). That doesnt make any of them less plausible, but SC2 exists and only one is canon.

I hope you finally understood my point and i'm gonna leave it here, because you're giving me FojarXLordaeron lite vibes and i know better than to stay in one those "discussions"
That's kinda it. Aldrius is free to his interpretation but he acts like it's the only one you can legitimately draw, which is the height of pomposity and arrogance. I disagree and feel that Kerrigan's redemption was entirely plausible based on what we see in BW and SC1; him saying you're wrong is just being a jerk.

Another issue is that on an aesthetic level it's tiring watching everything end badly. Warhammer is hard to get into because nothing good happens to the good guys; they score pyrriac victories AT BEST and very rarely do things go their way. One guy proposed a HOTS where Kerrigan is evil....and it was just grim dark nonsense that was terribly written and overly depressing. Blizzard probably realized overly grim dark was stupid and tried to add a ray of light. SC2 has moments of darkness and sadness but at the same time the good guys actually accomplish shit that sticks.

Another problem is that a lot of Brood War Fanboys are rather hypocritical. All the other guys I mentioned (Chocopaw from team liquid, Fanatic Templar) ALSO have problems with SC2. The thing is.....they're consistent. They're willing to turn the lens on the original games and point out problems in them. Drake Clawfang pointed out that many people were all for his abridged spoofing of SC2.....but didn't really care when he lampooned BW and SC1. Many of the problems in SC2 were in Brood War (in some instances they were even worse in BW) but because they grew up with it they either ignore it or make excuses for it. I kept bringing up Fanatic templar and Hawki because Aldruis either refused to answer them or made up ridiculous excuses to try to bend over backwards and ignore their points. If he wants to like BW that's his right; but he should be consistent about it and willing to turn the lens on things he likes

PS

Hell I think they realized this with Diablo 3; in that game the heroes score an unambiguous victory against Diablo rather than just unintentionally fueling his plan