View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 07:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Good lord, that's not being a jerk. And beyond that you blatantly have thought my interpretation of Kerrigan in SC1 was wrong and hell you've done worse than that, you've blatantly criticized me for even liking Brood War -- implied that I'm an edge lord and constantly told me "I have rose coloured glasses". As if I'm some naive simpleton or something.

You're not wrong to like it, you're not wrong to have an opinion, but I think your take on the story is incorrect. And you obviously think mine is and have argued against it numerous times. So I'm not sure why everyone's getting so sensitive about this.

I actually don't have to do anything. But I do recognize storytelling flaws and a lot of issues with the presentation in Brood War.

As to... SCLegacy (since I guess we're going to keep belabouring this for whatever reason). Fnatic doesn't even like Brood War. He pretty much dislikes everything passed the Fall as I understand it. Or as far as I remember. So I'm not sure he's as exemplary a bipartisan as you're making him out to be.

I seriously do not remember my conversations with Fnatic and Hawki being that contentious (though I hardly remember even saying much to Hawki). Fnatic wasn't really all that respectful of my perspective when I'd debate him, though. So I'm not exactly sure what I did that was so much worse.

What was your user name on SCLegacy even?

I mean, as strange as it is to do that in a dark sci-fi epic, it's even weirder to do it in a horror game. It kind of makes everything a lot less scary if there's hope.

But Diablo kind of weirdly transitions from a Horror game to a high fantasy over the course of the series. Which StarCraft kinda did too. StarCraft 1 is actually kind of a sci-fi Horror like Alien at times -- Brood War transitions into being more of a space opera. StarCraft 2 takes that even further. So there's that I guess.
I think it was LordYAM or something. Anyway okay I'll admit I crossed a line criticizing you for liking BW; the issue was more that you aren't willing to turn the lens on it. For instance I love the original trilogy; however a truly honest fan will admit that even they have a few problems. Things like the Temple on Shakuras is FAR more of a deus ex machina, since the Keystone was at least built up over the campaign and they explained the mechanics (it absorbed the energy)

Fnantic Templar did enjoy some elements of BW; he felt that some of the plot elements didn't really hold up in the stand or queen of blades.

It's like I said with Warhammer. It's hard to care because nothing good happens. Even if the series is dark, there should be SOME rays of light in the darkness. Even after the prequel trilogy (When Palpatine killed the jedi) there's hope Luke will be able to rise and stop him eventually. After BW it just seemed hopeless; WOL had a sad moment (Raynor has to kill his friend) but the zerg have finally been halted in their tracks and Kerrigan can be rehabilitated. Mengsk's war crimes have also been exposed to the public at large. Heart has it that Kerrigan has finally faced her inner demons and found balance, while humanity has a truly decent leader for the first time in decades. Legacy has it that the Khala is gone but Amon has been defeated and the races are together. Speaking of which Legacy DID wrap up the main storyline of the franchise quite well. The main plot points were finished and while adventures can be had the overarching story is done.