View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 02:25 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Since we're forced to change topics anyway, I've found this is apparently a controversial topic somehow...

It is entirely unacceptable for anyone to eat dogs. It's basically half a step above cannibalism. Dogs have been with us for 15,000 to 30,000 years. They were the first species domesticated by humans. So long ago that it is easily said that we've evolved together for thousands and thousands of years. They've nearly domesticated us as much as we have them. Everywhere you find people, you will find dogs.

Eating them is completely fucked up and unacceptable. Even excluding moral issues, they're impractical to raise for meat and you'd be better off raising any variety of actual food animal in their place and get better returns. There's basically no reason to eat them other than being a sick individual or being about to starve to death (at which point even cannibalism can be argued as acceptable).

I don't think there's any reasonable argument against this, but I've made people upset by saying it before.
Member #14