View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 05:47 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
To be frank, I've always felt that Lordaeron and Quel'thalas works the least of the three possible options (Kalimdor, Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, Azeroth and Khaz Modan), at least if the hypothetical setting happens after the Third War.
It sort of depends on what you would want from a game.

Kalimdor was obviously being set up as Azeroth's new frontier, with humans and orcs both having made landfall and settled societies. There wouldn't be any Horde or Alliance, but other political factions made up of the races present, and the game would be about exploring a new land (or in the case of Tauren/Night Elves, adapting to newcomers).

Azeroth/Khaz Modan is a lot more classic fantasy, with human and dwarven kingdoms, mountains with dragons, burning badlands with evil orcs. It's surely a concept that's been proven to work, but I feel it could've come across as generic. And on the other hand, with a more Azeroth-centric focus, they could've pulled off the whole Defias/Nobles/Dragon-storyline a lot better than they did.

Lordaeron/Quel'thalas would be very apocalyptic and dark, what with the Scourge having destroyed everything and turned it undead. Small enclaves of humans and elves (and undead variants thereof) could be playable races, struggling to survive and rebuild. Or maybe they could've even added an evil undead/demon faction to the mix.

I don't really know which one I think would work the least, but I know I'd probably enjoy the Kalimdor-focused one the most.