View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 02:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

The antique website and sluggish loading times are going to keep the vast majority of newcomers away. Fixing the site is, IMO, the number one priority. Doesn't matter how fun or interesting the community is (and it really isn't right now [sorry]), no one wants to use a broken, slow-ass website. This technology is like 20 years old now. I think a big part of the attachment for those here is the years and years worth of discussions being stored on these forums and that's probably one of the main reasons there hasn't been a true exodus to a new site or forum or whatever. Otherwise I might suggest the outright heresy of starting a brand new site and forum from the ground up on a more modern platform/host. Alas,I know nothing of web dev so I am less than useful here. The general inaccessibility of Warlock is a tremendous roadblock to making improvements.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.