View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 11:17 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
If they make a First and Second War expansion for Reforged, I think it's very, very likely that they'll want to have hero units like in WC3. Whether it's a good thing or no, I actually think it's unreasonable to think that Blizzard wouldn't do this. Expect Anduin Lothar, Turalyon, Alleria, Khadgar, Kurdran and Danath; Orgrim, Gul'dan, Cho'gall, Zul'jin, Rend and Maim.
But here's the rub: over half of the battles in Warcraft II are linked to naval combat. The physical geography of everything north of continental Azeroth... Baradin Bay, Loch Modan, Darrowmere, Lordamere, the Great Sea itself... on a meta level the world was shaped this way to accomodate the seafaring elements of WCII.

You would have those hero units hanging out in Transports for a lot of the time. Especially if you bind Kurdran to a mountain king and steal Sky'ree from him.

EDIT: And if they tried to make a Proudmoore hero in his flagship, I'd expect to see a Blackrock or Stormreaver equivalent pulled from WoD lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Alchemists? Bats? Shadow priests? Undead rogues?

The challenge is (1) that the Scourge tech tree naturally assumes Cult of the Damned units with cultists and necrosmancers, and (2) many potential unique Forsaken units were WotLK+ innovations (e.g., valkyr, plague wagons, etc.).
Alchemists might replace Acolytes well enough...

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 11-13-2018 at 11:38 AM..