View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 03:39 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Don't do piggish things and you won't be called a pig. This whole line of conversation stems from the false premise of a strawman feminazi shouting "all men are pigs". Which isn't a real thing anyone is actually concerned about, least of all actual feminists.
It's not worth condemning feminism over by any stretch, it's not feminism at all. It was a top of the head example I came up with to point out that it is strategically unwise to make people feel unwelcome if you might otherwise bring them to your side through camaraderie.

Some people won't be brought over by any means. Others might be open to your ideals if you approach them correctly, but will, flawed and mortal as they are, reject those ideals if they are presented as accusatory or antagonistic. I don't care how superior your morals are to the enemy's - presenting those benefited by the status quo as absurd and distasteful will not endear you to those benefited by the status quo.

I mean, I'm just saying that I'd rather see a broader range of people learn to accept positive ideals than use positive ideals to damn even those worthy of damnation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.