View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 08:15 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
Well, the point is more variety, them not fitting the same pattern is the goal. It's also a good way for them to maintain the status of predating titans, though I am not sure if that's still a thing. Niuzao could follow the same pattern too and be a fleshified elemental.
Nothing on Azeroth except elementals, Old Gods, and spawn of Old Gods (so aqir and n'raqi) really predate the titans anymore, per Chronicle Volume 1. Even fleshified elementals only emerged around the time of the ordering of Azeroth. Niuzao being an elemental would also contradict Chronicle since the book lists him alongside other Wild Gods that emerged from Freya's enclaves (on page 40 of the physical copy, to be specific).

Overall, I personally just don't think it's worth opting for more variety in race origins if it means foregoing what makes sense based on other races' origins. That's not to say I'm against the idea of having other races with elemental origins or that having races that aren't descended from Wild Gods, titan-forged, Old Gods, or trolls would be uninteresting, but in the tauren's case, "Wild God descendants" is just what makes the most sense to me, and revealing that they're actually elemental descendants would feel a bit shoved-in and forced. In my opinion, anyway.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 03-03-2018 at 08:17 AM..