View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 07:39 PM

The Knight-Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
The positive responses to it are a minority. I assume the sales were even more of a stinker. Re-releasing it as a ''updated and totally improved'' edition is bad marketing as it implies people who bought the first one wasted their money and they have to buy the actual good product all over. I saw the original for 40 bucks at a book store. For the ''quality'' it had that price is insane.
To the optimistics among those who disliked the first edition, this second edition was a chance for Blizzard to prove that they had their back; a last chance. They blew it. It's such a shame, because, if they would of hit the nail on the head with this one, we could of had a solid, reliable reference guide for people like me to use to teach others by; and more would of followed. There are just too many inconsistencies and errors -- too much laziness -- for this thing to be a sound suggestion to others who want to start with Warcraft's story. The UVG looks beautiful, sure... but that's essentially as far as it's worth goes.

Another wasted opportunity for something great to be placed on the shelf next to WoD and their other let downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)