View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 05:43 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I do not appreciate you implying I support Nazism. I find it morally repugnant and I have relatives who died because of it. So any such implications veiled or otherwise are entirely out of place.
I am not suggesting that you are supporting Nazism. I do not think that you are. I am saying that depicting Nazism as "centralist" has a normalizing effect on their extremism that should be avoided.

[qutoe]By enemy within I mean Germans themselves, starting to look at their own people and applying Darwinist/supremacist thinking to weed out the "weak." I know this happened already with euthanasia and sterilization of disabled people but on a wider and stricter scale I mean.[/quote]There is a big problem with the wording of the "German themselves." Jews in Germany were Germans. Roma in Germany/Austria were Germans. These are people who have been living in these "German" controlled lands for centuries. And saying otherwise just plays into their own ideology that does not see these German citizens as true Germans. Not only that, but they did apply that to their own people. Homosexuals were internal.

Quote:
Ultimately I think you are blinded by ideology and modern thinking here. Needless to say Nazis are horrible on the whole, even from a strictly German perspective let alone from the people they did not like. But most of that comes from their social beliefs and not economic ones which we are talking here. It is ying-yang you know, nothing is fully black. For a German living at the time before WW2 their policies would probably be pretty great and reasonable. Again chances are if they had time they might have gotten much worse when ideological purism set in but in the time they did exist their economic policies were rather centrist for the time. This does not excuse them in the least, doing alright for your own people at a massive expense to others is not something many endorse today. It is their supremacism and warmongering that pushes Nazis into the black, not their economics. They are plenty bad as they were, there is no need to make them look even worse at the expense of the truth. It is by blinding yourself to the truth that you risk repeating history because you don't understand it properly.

That is about all I have to say on this matter.
You accuse me of being blinded by ideology and modern thinking without providing any evidence that supports your claim, which is par for the course so far.

You have failed to provide any actual facts of your own or counterarguments to refute the evidence that I presented. You have not engaged the truth. Your argument here is just feelings, opinions, and intuition. There is no actual discussion of the policies implemented. You do not engage any of the facts. You do not even contextualize them. You just put forth vagueries like "For a German living at the time before WW2 their policies would probably be pretty great and reasonable." That is not a reasonable argument that establishes centrism. Their economics were part of "their supremacism and warmongering," so I would say that their economics do push them into the black just as well. It's like trying to separate the social beliefs and economic policies of the U.S. Confederacy. Their economics and social beliefs were built inseperably on supporting the institution of slavery. Why did employment go down in Nazi Germany? Because their economic policies removed women, Jews, and other minorities from the work place while also conscripting eligible men into the military, which counts as employment. But the economy in 1932 was already on the upswing prior to the implementation of any of the Nazi policies. The Nazis were a recognized far right party in their own time period by their own Germans, Europeans, and Western nations of the world. They sat at the farthest right of the Reichstag.

Ultimately you got called out for bullshit.