Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 04:02 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
When did this mindset start that EVERYONE needs to have access to the same rewards? When did this retarded attitude seep in that people are only defending exlusivity to feel "special" or "better" than others, not because it actually works as an incentive and motivation to play the game?
because what I'm asking for adds more incentive to play the game? Like yeah there's incentive to do heroic raids which what? 2% of the population did at their peak

the only reason raids even get to be as big as they are is because there's lfr and it allows people to actually use raids as content but because the "big bad raider babies" bitched about having to run lfr they gutted lfr and look what happened, the game lost half its fucking players

but we obviously hold very different ideas on this and I don't really wanna go back and forth any more

I don't care about the mount I care about the idea of blizzard creating content and quest for only a small group of people for a small amount of time as it's bad for the health of the game and shows that blizzard hasn't learned from their mistakes
Old 10-16-2015, 04:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokria View Post
because what I'm asking for adds more incentive to play the game? Like yeah there's incentive to do heroic raids which what? 2% of the population did at their peak

the only reason raids even get to be as big as they are is because there's lfr and it allows people to actually use raids as content but because the "big bad raider babies" bitched about having to run lfr they gutted lfr and look what happened, the game lost half its fucking players

but we obviously hold very different ideas on this and I don't really wanna go back and forth any more

I don't care about the mount I care about the idea of blizzard creating content and quest for only a small group of people for a small amount of time as it's bad for the health of the game and shows that blizzard hasn't learned from their mistakes
They game has actually been losing subs continually since the introduction of LFR (not necessarily 1:1 causation, but nontheless that fact is there), while it gained continually without it before.

Also just want to point out that the "2%" you're referring to is accurate for Mythic, certainly not Heroic, which probably closer to 15-30% at least begin and try.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:26 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

70% of wowplayer does world firsts.

seriously though.

The game is dying but the "pleb mythics" (aka world first my brofist Scooby dooby Lewdy dooooooooo club MLG MLP ScrubBob MythicPants) are dying so fast that only a moron would raid mythic.

Last edited by Gurzog; 10-16-2015 at 04:28 PM..
Old 10-16-2015, 04:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You know, I'm surprised that nobody complained about the recolored Dread Raven. You'd think that, after paying more for this CE than any for any previous CE, CE owners would be infuriated.
I think part of it is because of how fucking awful the grind for the variant of it is. If it was easy to get, I imagine some more people would be angry.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I think part of it is because of how fucking awful the grind for the variant of it is. If it was easy to get, I imagine some more people would be angry.
I actually see people riding it everywhere, I got it myself about a week after it was out. It's not like Apexis had any real use, so lots of people had tons of it stashed anyway.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:42 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
They game has actually been losing subs continually since the introduction of LFR (not necessarily 1:1 causation, but nontheless that fact is there), while it gained continually without it before.

Also just want to point out that the "2%" you're referring to is accurate for Mythic, certainly not Heroic, which probably closer to 15-30% at least begin and try.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=2

look at the graph 12% of players have done archi normal or higher .63% do mythic raiding

but you know 12% of normal raiders means 30% of people are doing heroic right? Xd not to mention this is just active max level players of which there was 2.1 million, I mean a whole 5% of players did the totally gutted LFR to the point of getting their ring with out doing normal archi at all

I'm also fairly sure that no other expansion bled 40% of its subs its first 2 quarters

now I know that gutting LFr wasn't the sole reason for the drop it probably had a lot to do with the lack of a way for players to get gear that felt real (like tier with neat procs or trinkets that did things) with out having to do real raids, not to mention how worthless 5 mans felt with the ability to grind out 645 gear from your farmville simulator

in wod if you were casual your best way to gear up was to not even play the fucking game any more it was to send out your minions to play world of warcraft for you while blizzard justified these huge raids with no new 5 mans by saying "you can see it in lfr" like fuck I wanna see it in lfr I want to be able to play wow and feel like I'm actually doing something with my character

I'm sorry if this seems like I'm angry at you though I'm just really frustrated with blizzards choices over the last couple years, between fucking up HoTS and ruining 10 man raiding I'm pretty salty
Old 10-16-2015, 07:57 PM

Elune

Someone explain to me if my current empowered balefuls are going to be useless or not in 6.2.3.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Someone explain to me if my current empowered balefuls are going to be useless or not in 6.2.3.
No. They're just adding a mechanic where your new balefuls can roll higher stats randomly, all the way up to 695, which is where the empowered balefuls are. They're just making it potentially easier to get empowered baleful level gear if you're lucky.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You know, I'm surprised that nobody complained about the recolored Dread Raven. You'd think that, after paying more for this CE than any for any previous CE, CE owners would be infuriated.
Speaking as someone who doesn't have the Dread Raven but has the BC-era amani war bear, I can say that I'm just happy with Blizzard adding recolors of mounts that are impossible to get now. I thought the recolor for the new ZA bear was shit, but I nonetheless welcome different variant colors that people can get.

Also I think the only reason I want the moose is because why not and also because it would be 1 mount closer to getting the Fel Hawk that I really want.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
No. They're just adding a mechanic where your new balefuls can roll higher stats randomly, all the way up to 695, which is where the empowered balefuls are. They're just making it potentially easier to get empowered baleful level gear if you're lucky.
Okay, that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Speaking as someone who doesn't have the Dread Raven but has the BC-era amani war bear, I can say that I'm just happy with Blizzard adding recolors of mounts that are impossible to get now. I thought the recolor for the new ZA bear was shit, but I nonetheless welcome different variant colors that people can get.

Also I think the only reason I want the moose is because why not and also because it would be 1 mount closer to getting the Fel Hawk that I really want.
They should add the CE mounts to the store. Actually, the whole CE should be sold off piece meal. The CE can just contain it all for a cheaper price.

I say this as someone who has many CEs.

Last edited by Mertico; 10-16-2015 at 08:18 PM..
Old 10-16-2015, 08:42 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I have CEs and I don't care if others get some recolors or flat out buy its stuff. My Lil'Deathwing is still unique in my eyes. I really like that fellow.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokria View Post
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=2

look at the graph 12% of players have done archi normal or higher .63% do mythic raiding

but you know 12% of normal raiders means 30% of people are doing heroic right? Xd not to mention this is just active max level players of which there was 2.1 million, I mean a whole 5% of players did the totally gutted LFR to the point of getting their ring with out doing normal archi at all

I'm also fairly sure that no other expansion bled 40% of its subs its first 2 quarters

now I know that gutting LFr wasn't the sole reason for the drop it probably had a lot to do with the lack of a way for players to get gear that felt real (like tier with neat procs or trinkets that did things) with out having to do real raids, not to mention how worthless 5 mans felt with the ability to grind out 645 gear from your farmville simulator

in wod if you were casual your best way to gear up was to not even play the fucking game any more it was to send out your minions to play world of warcraft for you while blizzard justified these huge raids with no new 5 mans by saying "you can see it in lfr" like fuck I wanna see it in lfr I want to be able to play wow and feel like I'm actually doing something with my character

I'm sorry if this seems like I'm angry at you though I'm just really frustrated with blizzards choices over the last couple years, between fucking up HoTS and ruining 10 man raiding I'm pretty salty
I totally agree with you for the most part when it comes to the reasons WoD failed. I'm not defending WoD in the slightest. It's without question the worst expansion, despite having the best technical possibilities and the most optimized game structure of all.

LFR being "gutted" (I assume you mean drops) is certainly not the main factor in the lack of success, however. Ask anyone that quits, and I have asked many, and the frequent answer is "nothing to do".

Raiding has been great, but there is nothing that keeps people in the game beside it - ergo percentages of raiders have gone down as well, because fewer people stay subbed JUST for raids (such as me).

Former percentages of HC raiders were indeed as high as I described them as early as 5.4. Bear in mind this relates to anyone that enters HC difficulty, period - the percentage that actually clears a raid has always been much, much lower, going back to the earliest raids. That doesn't mean that people don't enjoy doing it even if they don't clear it (ICC pugging etc).

I don't see many people complaining about LFR loot. It's about as niche an issue as Mythic raiders complaining about lack of CRZ, and both are sort of being addressed in 6.2.3, you could say.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:17 AM

Banished

Quote:
I totally agree with you for the most part when it comes to the reasons WoD failed. I'm not defending WoD in the slightest. It's without question the worst expansion, despite having the best technical possibilities and the most optimized game structure of all.

LFR being "gutted" (I assume you mean drops) is certainly not the main factor in the lack of success, however. Ask anyone that quits, and I have asked many, and the frequent answer is "nothing to do".

Raiding has been great, but there is nothing that keeps people in the game beside it - ergo percentages of raiders have gone down as well, because fewer people stay subbed JUST for raids (such as me).

Former percentages of HC raiders were indeed as high as I described them as early as 5.4. Bear in mind this relates to anyone that enters HC difficulty, period - the percentage that actually clears a raid has always been much, much lower, going back to the earliest raids. That doesn't mean that people don't enjoy doing it even if they don't clear it (ICC pugging etc).

I don't see many people complaining about LFR loot. It's about as niche an issue as Mythic raiders complaining about lack of CRZ, and both are sort of being addressed in 6.2.3, you could say.
no.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:26 AM

Problemsolver

WoW is in dire need of max level content besides BGs and raids. Bring back dailies, for example. Make it the way it was in MoP, with a shitload of daily quests in several different zones. There can never be enough. Hardcore nerds who feel obliged to complete 100% of the stuff provided each week to get maxed out on rewards as fast as possible should get a new hobby and stop ruining the game for everyone else.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:36 AM

Banished

hardcore people are fucking morons anyways.

Seriously playing the game for more than 2 hours straight. wtf. I mean I can understand it when a new patch is out or something else. but other than that. no.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post

Seriously playing the game for more than 2 hours straight. wtf. I mean I can understand it when a new patch is out or something else. but other than that. no.
This. Being a hardcore player during BC and Wrath made sense. That was until "hardcore" players started bitching about difficulty.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:28 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
WoW is in dire need of max level content besides BGs and raids. Bring back dailies, for example. Make it the way it was in MoP, with a shitload of daily quests in several different zones. There can never be enough. Hardcore nerds who feel obliged to complete 100% of the stuff provided each week to get maxed out on rewards as fast as possible should get a new hobby and stop ruining the game for everyone else.
Yep.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:45 AM

Elune

Quote:

Casual scrub.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:11 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:

It's not even about the amount of time they sink into the game. It's about them burning themselves out because of demands they or their guild masters put on them. That they're "forced" by the game's design to complete every single ounce of content that provides any form of currency or loot that may give them higher item levels, so that their guild can progress faster. And this stupid ass behaviour bleeds over into casual raiding as well, and has done so since forever with dps meters, gearscore, and other performance/progress ranking addons. Hardcore players in this sense are, and have always been, a bunch of whiny, ridicolous twonks.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:17 AM

Elune

Eeeeh or we could agree that there's that extreme that you're talking about, and then there's the other extreme of ultra casuals, and then there's the majority that's somewhere in the middle, such as regular raiders that just enjoy raiding, enjoy optimizing their characters without competing for rankings or taking 12 hour wipefests on livestreams, and just plain like group activities with the communities they've formed, and getting ahead as a team.

Claiming that regular raiders are all some sort of whiny special snowflakes that only care about super exclusive bonus stuff for them is just as dumb as thinking all casual non-raiders are incapable of playing well or "beating" content.

There are shades of grey here guys, and the majority is among them, and not black or white.

Only Sith deal in absolutes.

The most ironic part about this image, btw, is that most "hardcore" players in the Top200 guilds or so play less on average than many so-called "casuals".

The diaper raiders hiding from their parents in closets somewhere are a myth.

Last edited by miffy23; 10-17-2015 at 08:20 AM..
Old 10-17-2015, 08:50 AM

Banished

At the end of the fucking day: Fuck you. Seriously go fuck yourself with your mothers cockroach.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
It's not even about the amount of time they sink into the game. It's about them burning themselves out because of demands they or their guild masters put on them. That they're "forced" by the game's design to complete every single ounce of content that provides any form of currency or loot that may give them higher item levels, so that their guild can progress faster. And this stupid ass behaviour bleeds over into casual raiding as well, and has done so since forever with dps meters, gearscore, and other performance/progress ranking addons. Hardcore players in this sense are, and have always been, a bunch of whiny, ridicolous twonks.
Make it so the reps/most dailies don't give rewards for raiding and PvP. It's fairly simple. People complained about MoP because they felt required to do the dailies but without raid rewards they won't be done.

Of course, if you throw an actual Timeless Isle in a few patches later it will help ease the flow from entry to current. Or put JP back in that is gained from dungeons and raids to do the same.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:19 AM

Banished

The good part in the situation where we are now. is that most of the players have grown fucking tired from raiding, and just want an alternative way of progress.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
The good part in the situation where we are now. is that most of the players have grown fucking tired from raiding, and just want an alternative way of progress.
Play a different game?

"Players have gotten tired of Quake only letting you win games by shooting your opponent. It's time we were finally allowed to throw darts in the game competitively!"

Also, forgot to add before:

I'm a 1%er. I've got logs in the Top50-200 in my spec. I raid Mythic.
I play under 10 hours a week, less than most casuals I know that never raid.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:49 AM

Eternal

I could see dart throwing in quake being intense. Then again why play a twitch shooter when you can play a twitch fighting game like SMERSH BROTHERZ MEWEEE.