Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-20-2018, 11:14 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Far better voice overs than the allied races have received.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Nothing in the cutscenes is voiced, that's why I used gifs.

Next questline
So wait, Lilian has been granted authority over the Val'kyr?
Old 04-20-2018, 12:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
So wait, Lilian has been granted authority over the Val'kyr?
For this mission and on Sylvanas' authority, I guess.
Aradne hangs out above the ship docked in the harbor.

Last edited by Feltongue; 04-20-2018 at 12:24 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Elune

Even though Aradne was killed at Andorhal lmao

Lots have happened over the past couple of days.

- While I'm disappointed that Capital City is apparently destroyed in some way at the end of the scenario, at least it's a strong indication that the Horde will not be reversing this gain and that Tirisfal Glades has been reclaimed, along with presumably most of Western Lordaeron. Cities can be rebuilt.

- Hey remember when everyone laughed at me for being excessively hostile to the poor set upon Horde? lmfao they're such fucking dicks this expansion. Garrosh wasn't an anomaly he was just early

- Blizzard seems to be scrambling to retroactively give credibility to the "Humans rejected the Forsaken" bit but it doesn't look like many people are buying it at this point, especially in light of the fact that the Forsaken are more or less directly brainwashing people. I especially liked how after forcing undeath on Stone, they then claimed nobody would accept her and she has to be Horde now where her REAL friends are. It's almost more fucked up than just straight up mind controlling them Scourge style

Come to think of it all this stuff with Voss and Drustvar is brain-breakingly hypocritical. So Voss repeatedly says that being undead isn't something people should want and that it makes people shun you, but is totally cool with inflicting undeath on people anyway, even though she says it's shitty.

The more you think about it the stupider it gets.

The Horde is totally broken at this point, even more than it always has been. It unironically looks like Blizzard is setting up doing away with the faction system by disbanding the Horde and folding it into the Alliance because I just don't see how the faction is even theoretically salvageable now.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
The more you think about it the stupider it gets.
Yeah that just about sums up all the faction stuff in BfA. I'm just going to hang out in Kul Tiras the entire expansion.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
and the alliance has void elves that almost destroy the sunwell
They were long gone from the Sunwell when they first became Void Elves.

You're a fucking liar, lol.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:47 PM

Elune

Seriously though Aradne still being around is triggering the hell out of me, someone tell Blizzard that she was killed at Andorhal because I'm 99% certain they just forgot.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Last edited by Rhllor; 04-20-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 01:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Seriously though Aradne still being around is triggering the hell out of me, someone tell Blizzard that she was killed at Andorhal because I'm 99% certain they just forgot.
They seem to be undoing a lot of our efforts in Cataclysm and the status of characters we presumably thought were dead. For example, in Hearthstone it turns out Godfrey was never killed, and that lore will most likely transfer over to WoW if Blizzard feels like he should be brought back.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:56 PM

Arch-Druid

Poor Amalia Stone. Had she only stayed with the Ashvane Company. Child labor is fine in war, after all.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
They were long gone from the Sunwell when they first became Void Elves.

You're a fucking liar, lol.
they opened the portal that brought the monsters of the void to quelthalas that attacked the sunwell
Old 04-20-2018, 02:38 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Good showing for Shandris, good showing for Malfurion.... but I'm really starting to hate that new character. A pall of gloom would seem to follow her. She is an avatar of failure.

I do very much hope she is the dying elf in the picture of Sylvanas standing before Teldrassil. We don't need more depressing content, or characters that are harbingers of it.

Into the spreadsheet it goes.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
they opened the portal that brought the monsters of the void to quelthalas that attacked the sunwell
"They"

You mean when Alleria touched the Sunwell and did not anticipate that it would cause Void portals to open up, and then went out of her way to help the Blood Elves and Nightborne close it back up? The Void Elves aren't involved anywhere at all in that and there's nothing saying they're responsible for any portals opening up from what I recall.

Regardless, this does not excuse Liadrin for being a massive hypocrite and dropping all of her previously held values to become a Sylvanas fangirl.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:38 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
"They"

You mean when Alleria touched the Sunwell and did not anticipate that it would cause Void portals to open up, and then went out of her way to help the Blood Elves and Nightborne close it back up? The Void Elves aren't involved anywhere at all in that and there's nothing saying they're responsible for any portals opening up from what I recall.

Regardless, this does not excuse Liadrin for being a massive hypocrite and dropping all of her previously held values to become a Sylvanas fangirl.
Rommath says something to the effect of “this is exactly why we banished Unbric and his Ilk!” Referring to Alleria’s accident. Given that they were exiled for dabbling in the void, one can reasonably conclude that their experiments posed a credible threat to the Sunwell. Now they pose an undeniable threat to it.

That said, you’re right, none of this resolves the double standard of condemning The Ebon Hand but still serving Sylvanas. How vocal or devoted is her loyalty to the current War Chief?
Old 04-20-2018, 05:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Rommath says something to the effect of “this is exactly why we banished Unbric and his Ilk!” Referring to Alleria’s accident. Given that they were exiled for dabbling in the void, one can reasonably conclude that their experiments posed a credible threat to the Sunwell. Now they pose an undeniable threat to it.

That said, you’re right, none of this resolves the double standard of condemning The Ebon Hand but still serving Sylvanas. How vocal or devoted is her loyalty to the current War Chief?
Thank you, that detail helps a bit more. Although I'd still say it's kind of a leap to say they summoned Void portals that nearly destroyed the Sunwell just because Rommath said their void studies posed a threat to it. We still don't know if they ever were near the Sunwell before being exiled and they still weren't Void Elves yet when they were exiled either.

And yeah, agreed.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 PM

Arch-Druid

http://www.wowhead.com/news=283730/b...sting-spoilers

Wow, the Horde rounded up and killed civilians in Astranaar.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-20-2018, 07:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
http://www.wowhead.com/news=283730/b...sting-spoilers

Wow, the Horde rounded up and killed civilians in Astranaar.
There's a reason I haven't actually played WoW in a long time. That reason being that I could see where things were going.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
There's a reason I haven't actually played WoW in a long time. That reason being that I could see where things were going.
I'm divided on it.

(I'll try to explain with my limited vocabulary. "Moral" is not the exact right word, but it's the one I think fits best)

Since Warcraft 3 I always found the Horde morally lacking. Thrall only went half the way with moralizing the Horde before he started to push faction pride. So, I was expecting the Horde to eventually degenerate as it grew more powerful, at least as something that makes sense in a gritty real-politik scenario. The events in WotLK, Cata, MoP and BfA kinda confirmed that suspicion.

It's not the direction I'd like to go, but it's one that to me, makes some sense.

The Horde is a failed experiment, a group that claimed to be moral before it truly embraced morality. It's a faction that grew hating and fearing its opposite. It made its very existance based on protecting itself from its opposite. So, whenever it sees itself in a position of retaliating, it does thinking everything they do is right, because everything the other faction does is wrong.

If I were to have my way, I'd have made the Horde slowly grow beyond that fear of the Alliance after the Siege of Orgrimmar. Blizzard, instead, chose to move it in circles.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-20-2018, 08:55 PM

Elune

Even better the entirety of the Horde's newfound hatred for the Alliance seems to be based on them not liking the Alliance for being "smug" and "arrogant"

Like it's the pure embodiment of fuck you dad juvenile shit
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:14 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Even better the entirety of the Horde's newfound hatred for the Alliance seems to be based on them not liking the Alliance for being "smug" and "arrogant"
Are you talking about Horde characters or Horde players now?
Old 04-21-2018, 01:49 AM

Eternal

So since when is Sylvanas capable of raising the dead by herself, and how is she considered such a threat on her own that she manages to push back someone like Malfurion when she saves Saurfang? Am I misssing something here, because plot armor should only go so far.

Also I only just noticed this but they seem to put emphasis on the word 'Warchief' when they talk about the Horde and their attacks, which I'm not sure they did before, during Garrosh' reign. Good way to make her seem like a threatening future boss and make the rest of the Horde seem less guilty for what they're doing.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:00 AM

I wonder who thought that an undead high/blood elf claiming that the Horde is the better faction due to not containing humans was a good idea.

It's one thing to join the Horde out of necessity, but to actually prefer the company of orc, trolls and undead humans...

Old 04-21-2018, 02:17 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
So since when is Sylvanas capable of raising the dead by herself.
Hasn't she always been able to make skeletons since WC3? Also think that same ability is used when players attack her in-game.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
Hasn't she always been able to make skeletons since WC3? Also think that same ability is used when players attack her in-game.
I think most people forgot or think that's no longer canon, since she rarely if ever used it in WOW.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft