Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-05-2018, 02:11 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
As far as I know he wasn't really originally a Rambo parody when he was first introduced back in vanilla (unlike other characters like Harrison Jones who were designed to be pop-culture references from the get-go), so I wouldn't particularly mind if Blizzard tried to make Keeshan more of an actual character and move away from the Rambo expy he became in Cataclysm.
No, sure. I did not play cataclysm and I remember he was a Rambo parody when quested around Redridge, he had a quest when you had to follow him outside of a cave full of Rambo quotes already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
So you dislike the character.

What does that have to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of the dialogue?
No, I just mean that he is the only one to survive the slaughter because he is Rambo. He cannot die, some kind of plot armor that those pop heros that WoW has around have. It is childish to blame Blizzard for this.
Btw, a cool quest chain for Tyrion when.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
No, I just mean that he is the only one to survive the slaughter because he is Rambo. He cannot die, some kind of plot armor that those pop heros that WoW has around have. It is childish to blame Blizzard for this.
Btw, a cool quest chain for Tyrion when.
Ahh, I getcha.

Btw, he's dead. Six feet under. Almost became a DK.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Probably already known, but this seems to be the fullest extent of Umbric's involvement in the Vol'dun war campaign.

https://i.imgur.com/m4dW6vI.jpg

Either this is just placeholder text or it's Blizzard being self-referential about how they seemingly have no clue what to do with Void Elves.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:59 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Demo Shout is a nice perk for a pull (and due to it's short cooldown it's available during just about every pull) but it's not going to save your life. It helps your healer but it's not worth saving. That's what you have major cooldowns for. And Ignore Pain. I'm going to let you speculate about what content i'm playing, it's fun.
This is gonna come off rather asshole like but sometimes its hard to admit we arent as great at the game as we think we are and justify using things to make us feel like we know what we are doing
Old 05-05-2018, 10:06 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Because Keeshan is fucking Rambo.
Yeah, but Thrall is Orc Moses while Arthas is Undead Elric. And where would we be without them?
Old 05-05-2018, 10:20 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
This is gonna come off rather asshole like but sometimes its hard to admit we arent as great at the game as we think we are and justify using things to make us feel like we know what we are doing
You just perfectly described me during the entire Emerald Nightmare tier.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Ahh, I getcha.

Btw, he's dead. Six feet under. Almost became a DK.
I think he is referring to the other Tyrion, the little one. Given that we are talking about pop culture references.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I think he is referring to the other Tyrion, the little one. Given that we are talking about pop culture references.
Oh, yeah. Completely forgot that the Warcraft one is written with an I.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
A'ight, i'll bite.
Explain to me how i'd be a better player by not binding together two abilities that i literally want to use on cooldown in every single fight. Explain how putting two abilities that don't need to be two buttons on two buttons is better gameplay. Thunder Clap and Demoralizing Shout. Go.
Smh fam
If you had replied with "I have Thundergod's Vigor" I would have given you some benefit of doubt. At least macro it into Battle Cry with 2pc t21 and Booming Voice to not waste a perfectly good offensive CD but Thunderclap?
IP is gone mate. Demo is now your rotational dampener for harder and magic abilities. Armor gonna do shit when the Void eats your face.
Next level tactics on SoL.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:42 AM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Oh, yeah. Completely forgot that the Warcraft one is written with an I.
Probably I explain myself as a donkey
Old 05-06-2018, 12:02 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I don't seen anything wrong with trying to make Keeshan into a serious character, it's better than him just being a prominent joke like Harrison Jones or Gamon. Heck, similar situations have worked before. Saurfang is now one of the most prominent Horde characters and I bet you its almost entirely because of how much a meme he was to players from Vanilla to WotLK. Even him being blatantly based on Rambo can still work as a serious character, for example Chris Metzen once said his idea when creating Thrall was literally "Orc Captain America with Thor's hammer".
Old 05-06-2018, 01:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I don't seen anything wrong with trying to make Keeshan into a serious character, it's better than him just being a prominent joke like Harrison Jones or Gamon. Heck, similar situations have worked before. Saurfang is now one of the most prominent Horde characters and I bet you its almost entirely because of how much a meme he was to players from Vanilla to WotLK. Even him being blatantly based on Rambo can still work as a serious character, for example Chris Metzen once said his idea when creating Thrall was literally "Orc Captain America with Thor's hammer".
Gimmicky characters may not be that good initially, but they are memorable. The only reason I remember some Lightforged NPCs besides Fareeya (girl leader) and Y'mera (quested with us) is because some of them have gimmicks, like Enaara ("murderous holy priest") and Telaamon ("the swordsman guy").

And it's always great when a joke character makes the transition to serious business. The big problem is when it's the other way around (like Aethas Sunreaver...)

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-06-2018, 03:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Isn't Gamon more of a serious character now? At least he's not a punching bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:48 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Isn't Gamon more of a serious character now? At least he's not a punching bag.
His characterization was still based around "everybody kept killing him, now he wants revenge" in SoO, while in WoD his two appearances are him surrounded by groupies at the inn and one, admittedly more serious, garrison inn quest.

Gamon isn't there yet, but he definitely has potential to be a serious character. We do need some more active and notable tauren.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Tide sages are so good. Frost mages should be re-flavored to water mages.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
I agree with that and am fine with it. On the other hand, I sometimes think it'd be more interesting if all this stuff Keeshan was doing was replaced with Tyrathan Khort. Would be very interesting to see him work with Alliance more and have a deep friendship with an Alliance character like he did with Vol'jin and thus be torn on whose friendship he values more if Vol'jin comes back.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:19 AM

Elune

Saw this vid:
And it occurred to me:

Anyone else think Blizzard was shooting for an inversion of Arthas' return home. He and Jaina are both wearing a dark, hooded cape and have turned grey before their time but everything else is exactly the opposite. Arthas was greeted by adoring crowds and then proceeded to destroy his kingdom and kill his father while Jaina is looked at with scorn but will probably make Kul Tiras stronger and reunite with her mother.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Eternal

I have been chosen by the great Blizzard hand in the sky!
They want me to test their new expansion.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 05-07-2018, 09:11 AM

What is this I hear? people talking about Lieutenant 'Dan' Gamon and Forest 'Gump' Nazgrim?
Old 05-07-2018, 10:11 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Orc Icon (War3)

Quote:
His characterization was still based around "everybody kept killing him, now he wants revenge" in SoO, while in WoD his two appearances are him surrounded by groupies at the inn and one, admittedly more serious, garrison inn quest.

Gamon isn't there yet, but he definitely has potential to be a serious character. We do need some more active and notable tauren.
I think Gamon was good enough for SoO. I'm more concerned with Baine's complete submission during the Battle of Lordaeron. Where the fuck is Legion Banquette Baine?
Old 05-07-2018, 07:09 PM

Arch-Druid

What the heck are these doing on Kul Tiras? Did the Mag'har bring them? Did they follow the Mag'har out unintentionally? Am I overthinking it because it's just a rare?

Old 05-08-2018, 03:20 PM

Elune

Kua'fon - Name changed from "PH Pterrordax Mount" to "Kua'fon". Ground Mount. PH Kua'fon. "Once a little hatchling, raised into a mighty pterrordax by a loving handler. He never did learn to fly, though." Source: Drop: PH Quest: Down, But Not Out Zone: Zuldazar

So it seems the raising a pterrordax mount is indeed still in but its apparently just a ground mount though?

There's also a lot of wing and feather icons in this build.

edit; Liadrin's getting her own sword/shield models. She will no longer wield Quel'delar, apparently.

Last edited by Arakiba; 05-08-2018 at 05:01 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Hooooooly heck, the Mag'har recruitment scenario dialogue is here and it's insane.

-The orcs and draenei lived in peace for some time after the events of WoD, but then Yrel tried to convert the orcs to the Ligh at the behest of her "naaru masters" this went over very badly. Some orcs converted willingly, the majority refused.

-Yrel and the draenei went evil, becoming basically the Scarlet Crusade 2.0, "The Lightbound." They've fought a holy war against the orcs ever since, killing most and forcibly converting others, including Grommash's young son.

-Durotan and Draka had a daughter, Geya'rah, who is now one of the leaders of the mag'har. Durotan was killed by the Lightbound while Draka commands a garrison in Nagrand.

-The orcs have driven the primals from Gorgrond, turning it into something more akin to it's pre-revamp design. The Lightbound see this as savegry that is destroying their own world, and one of the reasons why they feel the need to "convert" the orcs.

-The Lightbound's dialogue is very similar to the Lighforged's (including some direct allusions to Illidan and Xe'ra's conversation) I can't help but wonder if AU!Xe'ra is involved.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 05-08-2018 at 06:28 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 06:53 PM

Arch-Druid

This is no what I meant when I said I wanted to see Yrel again.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:53 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Hooooooly heck, the Mag'har recruitment scenario dialogue is here and it's insane.
lightbound orcs for the Alliance confirmed

No, but seriously, this is really awful. Nothing in WoD mattered at the end, just an excuse to bring Gul'Dan to the main timeline, and maybe kill Garrosh in judgement armor

But why hitting Yrel with the evil bat? She was by far the most popular character from WoD, and im a Horde fan.

Last edited by Temo; 05-08-2018 at 07:11 PM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft