Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-18-2020, 11:03 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Orc Icon (War3) Menel'dirion's Blade Master Class

So I love the Blade Master from Warcraft III. Here's what I imagine a class based on them to be like:

Available Races: Orc, Mag'har Orc, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei.
Armor Class: Mail (we have more than enough leather and not enough mail).
Weapons: Two Handed Swords, Pole-Arms. Maybe axes.

Specs:
Fire (DPS Spec): all about lighting your blade on fire with blaze grease and Elemental power. Crits set your blade on fire adding fire DoT's to melee attacks.

Wind (Tank Spec): all about using deception and dodging to keep enemies off balance and occupied. A tank can create a doppelgänger to maintain their aggro on the target, duck into stealth to reposition and get healed, and then re-engage the enemy on their own terms. Or they may use a doppelganger to keep one cluster of mobs engaged while they pull another. The higher their evasion, the longer the doppelgangers last.

I intend to play with this idea some more, but please do offer critiques and suggestions.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:31 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Blademasters are based on Samurai, who favored bows and polearms over katanas. Given that we only have one class capable of effectively using ranged weapons, I would suggest that you add a third spec focused on ranged damage dealing.

I couldn’t think of a name for it that would fit your naming scheme, but I think that you should probably reconsider the names you have currently chosen. Something more along the lines of Windwalker than Fire or Air.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:36 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Blademasters are based on Samurai, who favored bows and polearms over katanas. Given that we only have one class capable of effectively using ranged weapons, I would suggest that you add a third spec focused on ranged damage dealing.

I couldn’t think of a name for it that would fit your naming scheme, but I think that you should probably reconsider the names you have currently chosen. Something more along the lines of Windwalker than Fire or Air.
A ranged spec would be ok.

Windwalker is taken by monks, though it could still work.

I was actually thinking of naming one of the specs "Raider" and folding in the old Warcraft Orcs and Humans/Warcraft III Raiders into it. Get some net throwing for CC, maybe even some mount play. Throwing around Blaze-Grease Molotov Cocktails......

Maybe make the fire stuff tank, and call that Tank Spec "Raider" with the deceptive DPS Spec being "Wind-Walker" and an "Archer" spec.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:43 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Haha, yeah, I know WW is taken. I wasn’t suggesting that you use that name, just that you could use similar naming conventions.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Haha, yeah, I know WW is taken. I wasn’t suggesting that you use that name, just that you could use similar naming conventions.
Paladins and Priests, Mages and Death Knights, Paladins and Warriors, they don't seem to mind.