Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Is there a quote somewhere suggesting Kul'tiras have actually been absent from Alliance affairs? I'm not suggesting they left the Alliance but i wouldn't be at all surprised if relations just soured to the point of not having much to do with each other after Jaina sold out Daelin. Particularly since it seems Jaina's mother has a prominent role in their leadership.

EDIT: Ethenil says it better than I do
If memory serves, Knaak mention Kul Tiras in wolfheart. They ignored the invitation to Darnassus
Old 11-06-2017, 11:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
I don't think Trolls have black bones, and Jin'rokh's protrusions don't exactly look like scales, projecting or otherwise. They look like rocks, or at least stone-like growths. Which I'll call rocks.

I don't care what you call them yourself. I'm just saying I hope it ends up as a customization option, since I'd rather not lose that variation.
... warts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
OMG I WANT ONE LOOK AT THAT LITTLE HELLION WITH THE SKULL CLASP <3
Old 11-06-2017, 11:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I remember the ones with tattoos being blessed and empowered by Lei Shen. Though I hope they'll be an option too.
Would be nice, but since they follow Zul who acts as a villian in the Zuldazar storyline - it's kind of unlikely. It also means that the Horde won't get all the other troll tribes from Zul's coup campaign against everyone.

I hope that his storyline will continue to remain in the grey area, but the desecration of ancient Zandalari tomb with dark magic goes against this notion.

Oh, and I hope there will be an option to make a Zandalari paladin because of these guys.

Last edited by Kiraser; 11-06-2017 at 11:58 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 01:47 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old 11-07-2017, 01:50 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

That makes it look like Lor'danel is destroyed, as that's roughly where Auberdine is on the map. Perhaps the Alliance are using whats left of the docks to get around?

Though why the Horde wouldn't have it blockaded is beyond me...
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-07-2017, 02:32 AM

Troubadour

Maybe destroyed by the Legion.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:53 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Team is trying to figure out how to deal with Allied races being hero classes. They are talking about allowing Dark Iron Dwarves to be Death Knights.

To bad that there's no way they'll allow Zandalari DKs despite there being so many undead trolls models to raise via glyphs...
Old 11-07-2017, 03:07 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post

Team is trying to figure out how to deal with Allied races being hero classes. They are talking about allowing Dark Iron Dwarves to be Death Knights.

To bad that there's no way they'll allow Zandalari DKs despite there being so many undead trolls models to raise via glyphs...
Out of all the Allied Races. Wouldn't Wildhammer make more sense being Death Knights due to the Hinterlands close proximity to the Plaguelands? I even assumed that the much of the newly risen Dwarven Death Knights during and before Wrath would be Wildhammer. Unsure about Highmountain - There was Trag from the Manga /shrug
Old 11-07-2017, 03:18 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

They said in the demon videos for virtual tickets we are getting these as mounts.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/673795.jpg
Old 11-07-2017, 04:14 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
If memory serves, Knaak mention Kul Tiras in wolfheart. They ignored the invitation to Darnassus
Searching "Kul Tiras" founds nothing.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:32 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Searching "Kul Tiras" founds nothing.
Not even terms like Tirasian or Kultiran?
Old 11-07-2017, 04:49 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Not even terms like Tirasian or Kultiran?
Nothing for tiran, tirasian and tirassian.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:05 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

I think ruinshin may be on to something, does seem familiar (I remember some line about kul tiras being a pile of slag?). Maybe its in Tides of War?
Old 11-07-2017, 06:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
To be frank, it wouldn't surprise me if there's little to no implication or evidence of the Legion ever attacking Zandalar or Kul Tiras (despite entire fleets of their ships descending upon Azeroth and attacking all over the place while Argus was overhead.) Especially given that the Legion and the fel became a self-cleaning threat in this current expansion that probably won't have even left behind any remnants of their presence in the lands we know they definitely attacked.

The faction war's on in Battle for Azeroth; they're going to want us to forget all about Legion post-haste so we don't think too hard about how stupid the Nightborne, Highmountain and, yes, even Lightforged stuff is (though with the way they were introduced, I feel no real attachment to the Lightforged as Alliance or Horde. They're a bunch of strangers who just kinda showed up and hijacked the Legion story from my established allies and Class Orders without ever building up any reason for me to care about them.)
1-10 how triggered are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
To be frank, it wouldn't surprise me if there's little to no implication or evidence of the Legion ever attacking Zandalar or Kul Tiras (despite entire fleets of their ships descending upon Azeroth and attacking all over the place while Argus was overhead.) Especially given that the Legion and the fel became a self-cleaning threat in this current expansion that probably won't have even left behind any remnants of their presence in the lands we know they definitely attacked.

The faction war's on in Battle for Azeroth; they're going to want us to forget all about Legion post-haste so we don't think too hard about how stupid the Nightborne, Highmountain and, yes, even Lightforged stuff is (though with the way they were introduced, I feel no real attachment to the Lightforged as Alliance or Horde. They're a bunch of strangers who just kinda showed up and hijacked the Legion story from my established allies and Class Orders without ever building up any reason for me to care about them.)
I'm with you on that. I already had the feeling they are going lazy routes in WoD, where freaking Stormwind was attacked by a Genesaur and the only sign about this is a small tidy camp. No quest to warn the king, no quest to get help from the mages, nothing.
The Legion pre-events were better than the ones for MoP and WoD, but again... they left no mark on the world. Not even tiny patches of fel in any of the places where the Legion landed. And even if in some other campaigns it only got mentined (like the Wildhammer shaman arriving at the Maelstrom saying the Shadow Highlands are overrun) the rogue campaign had you attacking targets in and around Stormwind and again... no representation whatsoever ingame. Nightwatch is still patrolling Darkshire, like they never joined the Legion. The people they butchered are still happily running around there. I'm still hoping they change this with the next expansion, but I doubt it.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:55 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
I'm with you on that. I already had the feeling they are going lazy routes in WoD, where freaking Stormwind was attacked by a Genesaur and the only sign about this is a small tidy camp. No quest to warn the king, no quest to get help from the mages, nothing.
The Legion pre-events were better than the ones for MoP and WoD, but again... they left no mark on the world. Not even tiny patches of fel in any of the places where the Legion landed. And even if in some other campaigns it only got mentined (like the Wildhammer shaman arriving at the Maelstrom saying the Shadow Highlands are overrun) the rogue campaign had you attacking targets in and around Stormwind and again... no representation whatsoever ingame. Nightwatch is still patrolling Darkshire, like they never joined the Legion. The people they butchered are still happily running around there. I'm still hoping they change this with the next expansion, but I doubt it.
It's the lack of dynamic world tech. Something GW2 has and something we're only getting in B4A.

They want to keep a chronologic experience for leveling players so the old content stays there and it's not updated to reflect the changes. At least we can hope the content from now on will be updated for each max level landmark (120, 130 and so on).
Old 11-07-2017, 08:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Welp, I'm going to make a prediction about the next expansion.

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
The lord of ravens will turn the key.

By using the Pillars of Creation, we unwittingly have opened the way for something. Or perhaps set their plans in motion.

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.
Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.

Magni is being used. The Heart of Azeroth is a trap.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

Anduin will be misled by three key pieces of misinformation, which will drive him to do as N'zoth requires of him.

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

This will likely culminate in the Banshee Queen's third death, the trigger for N'zoth to finally show his hand.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:11 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
It's the lack of dynamic world tech. Something GW2 has and something we're only getting in B4A.

They want to keep a chronologic experience for leveling players so the old content stays there and it's not updated to reflect the changes. At least we can hope the content from now on will be updated for each max level landmark (120, 130 and so on).
So, for example Stromgarde.. will it be updated for lvl110s and above? Or will what we saw on the panels only be there while you play the warfront, which is instanced. If it's there in the world, I'd like that.
And I'd be completely ok with them just changing things for the level at which they change. I have some lower level characters on Alliance and they don't see Varian's memorial in SW for example, but they still see the other characters there. They have the tech for this available now, it's not like in Wrath or Cata, where you couldn't see players that were put into a different phase.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:13 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Call me one of those dumbfucks that ARM(understandably) ranted about but I welcome faction conflict and the possibility of a true Fourth War even if it's just for half of the expansion before Azshara or the Old Gods put a halt to it. This neutral working together all the time shit is a cancer in too many MMO's these days and I'm glad to see Blizz giving it a strong round of chemo even if it's just temporary.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Call me one of those dumbfucks that ARM(understandably) ranted about but I welcome faction conflict and the possibility of a true Fourth War even if it's just for half of the expansion before Azshara or the Old Gods put a halt to it. This neutral working together all the time shit is a cancer in too many MMO's these days and I'm glad to see Blizz giving it a strong round of chemo even if it's just temporary.
Don't worry. N'zoth's already promised he won't overplay his hand until someone kills Sylvanas again. By that point, faction relations aren't going to be in too good a place.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I hate the full blown war and I hate the neutrality as well.

To me, the perfect state would be permanent distrust and conflict, but none of the leaders willing to go to all-out war because that would be a waste of lives and resources. The conflict is instead carried by proxy groups under the factions. Spies, border skirmishes, small invasions, without the main commands doing anything more than sending token support.

But I guess this delicate state of affairs require too much storytelling effort. Instead, we go to war knowing no one will ever win anyway.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-07-2017, 08:37 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Don't worry. N'zoth's already promised he won't overplay his hand until someone kills Sylvanas again. By that point, faction relations aren't going to be in too good a place.
Nah. Thrall will come back or some other warchief who promises peace and everything will be gravy-ish for a while then eventually the cycle will continue with another warchief starting shit. When the reality is we're at the point where the majority of the Horde warchiefs have instigated war and the Alliance needs to be the aggressor because there's no possible way they can trust the Horde to not pull another Theramore, Teldrassil, or Stormwind anymore.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:37 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

Anduin will be misled by three key pieces of misinformation, which will drive him to do as N'zoth requires of him.
My bet:

Sylvanas wants to use Taeshalach's shard to specifically target the Worgen enclave in Darnassus. That's why Saurfang and Nathanos are there.

Something goes wrong and the shard overloads, setting the entire tree on fire. Saurfang and Nathanos aren't there anymore because they went to deal with damage control. Sylvanas is in shock. She can't deny the attack. She must now assume it and march for war.

The one who spreads the info about Sylvanas deliberatelyis Anduin himself, calling the entire faction for war.

The first lie is a half-truth.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
So, for example Stromgarde.. will it be updated for lvl110s and above? Or will what we saw on the panels only be there while you play the warfront, which is instanced. If it's there in the world, I'd like that.
And I'd be completely ok with them just changing things for the level at which they change. I have some lower level characters on Alliance and they don't see Varian's memorial in SW for example, but they still see the other characters there. They have the tech for this available now, it's not like in Wrath or Cata, where you couldn't see players that were put into a different phase.
just there during warfronts.

also the stuff Igod saw is 7.3.5 content.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Nah. Thrall will come back or some other warchief who promises peace and everything will be gravy-ish for a while then eventually the cycle will continue with another warchief starting shit. When the reality is we're at the point where the majority of the Horde warchiefs have instigated war and the Alliance needs to be the aggressor because there's no possible way they can trust the Horde to not pull another Theramore, Teldrassil, or Stormwind anymore.
I mean, the Alliance already trusted the Horde to not go WC2, then Theramore happened after the fighting stopped after Deathwing, and Teldrassil happened after trusting them not to pull a Garrosh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft