Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-23-2018, 02:05 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I think they're trying to prevent another worgen 2.0 issue by only showing the models once it'll be too late to take fan feedback into account since that's what hurt the worgen so much the first time.
Yeah, i suppose... I looooved the original male Worgen :/
Old 08-23-2018, 02:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Someone's posted the day one sales for the other expansions, apparently it is pretty good:

BC - 2.4 million
Wrath - 2.8 million
Cata - 3.3 million
MoP - 2.7 million
WoD - 3.3 million
Legion - 3.3 million
BfA - 3.4 million
Those numbers do not match the player base.
We know the peak was BC/wrath.
Won't seems that there is a change in pattern.
In the early days people would buy the extension weeks or even months after it's out.
Now they pretty much all buy on release.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:50 PM

Eternal

New dev Q&A:
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas

Quote:
Outdoor world scaling has not changed since 7.2. Blizzard has not changed anything. Argus had the same system.
Um, Ion? You took away our artifact weapons and legendaries, remember? It makes no sense to use a scaling system that was tuned to those.
Azerite gear doesn't even come close to make up for that. It doesn't even have secondary stats!

Quote:
The reason item level increases rapidly right after reaching max level is to make sure upgrades feel relevant and noticeable.
Well, they would if mobs didn't scale with item level...

God, this is the epitome of dumb...
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 08-23-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Old 08-23-2018, 03:19 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
New dev Q&A:
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas

Um, Ion? You took away our artifact weapons and legendaries, remember? It makes no sense to use a scaling system that was tuned to those.
Azerite gear doesn't even come close to make up for that. It doesn't even have secondary stats!

I have this sweet armchair here....
Old 08-23-2018, 03:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
That's not the issue. THe thing is that people got used to be well-geared, and they are not anymore. Legion difficulty was very similar when we just reached level 110, because of poor gear and artifacts traits still not being fully unlocked. People just forgot it because it was so long ago, and it will be the same this time.

By ilvl 315 I can already be somewhat bolder and pull a few more mobs. It will be even easier once raiding is available.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-23-2018, 03:32 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Here is the scaling
Our stamina increases significantly to everything else.
Attached Images

Last edited by Joeygiggles; 08-23-2018 at 03:43 PM..
Old 08-23-2018, 04:19 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:

I don't know what you're even on about. Players grow stronger with gear in a better rate than the world mobs scale. That's stated by plenty of people who got into 340+ ilevel and also was stated by Ion himself during the Q&A.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:20 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
[...]

We can endlessly agree on class design and the Heart of Bullshit being terrible in BFA <.<. and the way my bear couldn't even handle more than two mobs (at best two) annoyed me endlessly at first, it wasn't exactly wearing rags. But it's getting better at my shitty 213 item level. Or was it 113... well something with 13 at the end, i'm not used to the squished numbers yet. Point is the scaling it completely off the wall *shrug* but it gets better fast.

Meanwhile both of my currently levelling Arms Warriors not only do more damage (duh) but also seem to take LESS damage than my tank-terror bear and have zero problems taking on more than two or three mobs. Problem is: one Warrior is wearing Legion levelling-rags, the other is wearing Legion Legendaries and LFR-level gear. Shit's broken is what i'm trying to say.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 08-23-2018 at 11:26 PM..
Old 08-24-2018, 06:52 AM

Arch-Druid

after seeing the blood trolls I think blood mage can be a class.

races blood mage: maghar orc (bleeding hollow), human, blood elf, void elf

Bleeding Hollow Ritualist

Defias Blood Wizard

magister astalor
Old 08-24-2018, 08:01 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I think it's more likely we'll see a blood mage type spec for another class, since I'm not sure there would be enough out of the blood toolkit for more than one spec.

For example if they ever do that long suggested but probably not the best idea giving every class a new spec as an expansion feature I could see blood being the mage spec. Or if they ever did a necromancer class (after Demon Hunters happened even though demonology warlocks, monks and rogues took so much of their ability and flavor I no longer think necromancers are out of the question any more, especially with how Blizzard still hasn't added a ranged class) blood could be a spec.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I think it's more likely we'll see a blood mage type spec for another class, since I'm not sure there would be enough out of the blood toolkit for more than one spec.

For example if they ever do that long suggested but probably not the best idea giving every class a new spec as an expansion feature I could see blood being the mage spec. Or if they ever did a necromancer class (after Demon Hunters happened even though demonology warlocks, monks and rogues took so much of their ability and flavor I no longer think necromancers are out of the question any more, especially with how Blizzard still hasn't added a ranged class) blood could be a spec.
I was thinking of 3 possibilities

dps use blood magic to attack as they do blood trolls creating copies of blood stealing life etc

as healer

and tank we saw with the bleeding hollow as empowering the physical aspects with the blood magic included a transformation to dire orc that could be similar to the transformation of the DH
Old 08-24-2018, 08:35 AM

Sha of Disappointment

So apparently the Hivemind Mount never made it into the game. I haz a sad.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:16 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Here is the scaling
Our stamina increases significantly to everything else.
Since when do we kill stuff with stamina? Sure, you get a bit more spongy but the mobs still don't die much faster because their hp increase too.

This wasn't much of an issue in Legion because your artifact kept gaining new perks and higher item levels, not matter what you did, and you had one or two additional talents due to legendaries.

We don't have any of that right now, yet the scaling system is still tuned around it because they couldn't be bothered to adjust it to BfA itemization.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 08-24-2018, 09:22 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I'm suspecting if that's primarily a Class-balance-related issue. What Classes are you playing Spidey? I haven't touched a clothy yet but i have a feeling i won't like levelling those guys...
Old 08-24-2018, 10:08 AM

Chimaera

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 08-24-2018, 10:16 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

There was an interview with Forbes that had a very interesting quote about Azshara (emphasis mine):

"It's going to be a really fun opportunity to see her storyline advance in the content patches that will be coming."

So either Azshara doesn't die in her own raid, or Nazjatar isn't the raid tier after Uldir...

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 08-24-2018 at 10:26 AM..
Old 08-24-2018, 10:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Maybe they make a filler Raid like Trials of Valor.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:22 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Okay, so, aside from my hatred for the supremely lazy animation-style they go with, i have... questions about Warbringer: Aquawoman.
1.) I get the greed-angle and all but would Azshara, the way she's been characterized so far, really give a shit about her suspects first and foremost? That's kind of a huge bubble she's got going on there, she likely would have survived much longer by just bubbling herself.
2.) Speaking of, if the most powerful mage they had couldn't save a city (we see that she's only trying to save a small-ish chunk of it) - how did SURAMAR manage it?
3.) "I'll only serve you as a queen." Uhm, Asz, thefuck did you think N'Zoth singled YOU out of all people? Did she think it wanted her and only her?
4.) Which leads me to ask: why is N'Zoth throwing a hissy fit about that now? Isn't that exactly what it wants?
4a.) Way to go Blizzard, years of buildup for N'Zoth ruined by making it look like a stupid little rage-monster in it's very first fucking appearance. Frankly i found it creepier and more menacing in it's fishy form.
5.) I am wondering what the point of Warbringers: Azshara actually was. Hear me out on this one.
Jaina showed us her raising her father's galleon. This is important for the Undercity scenario, and it's the start of her Kul Tiran character arc for BFA.
Sylvanas showed us who and why burned Teldrasil. Granted it was a bit fat honking non-twist but we technically didn't KNOW know before. It was still somewhat new.
Old Soldier, while not technically part of the seriers, showed us the Horde's future story arc because Celestia knows it's not 8.0's story arc, and cemented Blizzard's Horde Bias by showung us a sparkly prerendered cutscene featuring the Horde (and some Alliance towers, i guess).

Warbringers: Aszhara told us... what, exactly? It told us the Naga are a result of a deal made by the queen. We kinda already knew that. So okay, N'Zoth is huge. Won't ever be that big ingame so it's kind of a waste of art, but let's count it anyway. Sooo, Old Gods are big. That's... not really new either. We don't get to see what exactly she's up to right now, either - Naga being a pest has been a thing since forever, in and out of universe. Soooo... thefuck was the point of this teaser? Exactly why was it held back until Gamescon? Is it because they had _nothing_ else to show? Is it because it wasn't done in time, like everything else in BFA?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:35 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Warbringers: Aszhara told us... what, exactly? It told us the Naga are a result of a deal made by the queen. We kinda already knew that. So okay, N'Zoth is huge. Won't ever be that big ingame so it's kind of a waste of art, but let's count it anyway. Sooo, Old Gods are big. That's... not really new either. We don't get to see what exactly she's up to right now, either - Naga being a pest has been a thing since forever, in and out of universe. Soooo... thefuck was the point of this teaser? Exactly why was it held back until Gamescon? Is it because they had _nothing_ else to show? Is it because it wasn't done in time, like everything else in BFA?
The Forbes interview I mentioned addressed that a bit. Blizzard considers Azshara a "new character that players don't know about," because outside of the novels she's only had a few cameo appearances. They know lore fans have been asking for her to appear for ages but think regular players have never heard of her and thus needed an introduction on who she is.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:05 AM

Arch-Druid

I love Nyalotha! look so awesome!!

I really liked N'zoth! is massive!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:24 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
There was an interview with Forbes that had a very interesting quote about Azshara (emphasis mine):

"It's going to be a really fun opportunity to see her storyline advance in the content patches that will be coming."

So either Azshara doesn't die in her own raid, or Nazjatar isn't the raid tier after Uldir...
I take it as her being introduced in 8.1 and the raid being available in 8.1.5.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:49 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post

Obviously for showing us that N'zoth is a fish!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:56 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Obviously for showing us that N'zoth is a fish!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:07 PM

Eternal

@Rotal - you need to get laid.

1 - She doesn't want to see her beautiful city destroyed.

2 - The Suramari used the Eye of Aman'thul, which ended up creating the Nightwell.

3 - The points is that she'll rule as a queen, not a mere servant and pawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
I love Nyalotha! look so awesome!!

I really liked N'zoth! is massive!
I don't think that's Ny'alotha, but rather the Black Empire.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:17 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
@Rotal - you need to get laid.
Make me.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft