Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 06-03-2017, 01:05 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
If you were 'done' then you wouldn't have bothered to reply, you're proving me right. You're an obsessed dude and ought to take a break.
Nice try, but I was "done" with responding to your shitty bait regarding the garbage you believe.

I'm not going to let you claim I'm stalking you without calling bullshit; you asked a baiting, open ended question to everyone, I answered in the relevant thread. Thus, it's not stalking. Had I posted, say, in the Comic Movie thread and randomly called you out on your cancer, then yes, THAT would be stalking.

Like "racist" it seems, you don't know how to use words correctly, it's actually quite sweet. <3 But seriously, you have to tone down the autism now.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:10 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Nice try, but I was "done" with responding to your shitty bait regarding the garbage you believe.
So you weren't done losing your shit over him, you were just done with losing your shit over a specific subset of his opinions?

I mean, come on, Smoke. Even if you do think Skytotem is being obsessive, get a load of this guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:19 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
So you weren't done losing your shit over him, you were just done with losing your shit over a specific subset of his opinions?

I mean, come on, Smoke. Even if you do think Skytotem is being obsessive, get a load of this guy.
Calling out his bullshit use of words = "Losing your shit"

Kek, ok kid.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:22 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I'm just going to pose a question:
Is this really how all of you want to spend (a part of) your weekend?

Just think about it.

(I am asking as a fellow poster, by the way.)
Old 06-03-2017, 01:23 PM

World Builder

So, on the subject of actual social justice

Quote:
A STATUTE AIMED at suppressing protests against oil and gas pipelines has been signed into law in Oklahoma, as a related bill advances through the state legislature. The two bills are part of a nationwide trend in anti-protest laws meant to significantly increase legal penalties for civil disobedience. The Oklahoma law signed this week is unique, however, in its broad targeting of groups “conspiring” with protesters accused of trespassing. It takes aim at environmental organizations Republicans have blamed for anti-pipeline protests that have become costly for local governments.

The statute Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin approved Wednesday was rushed into immediate effect under a provision that declared the situation “an emergency.” It will dramatically increase penalties against protesters who trespass on property containing a “critical infrastructure facility.”

Under the newly signed trespassing law individuals will face a felony and a minimum $10,000 fine if a court determines they entered property intending to damage, vandalize, deface, “impede or inhibit operations of the facility.” Should the trespasser actually succeed in “tampering” with the infrastructure, they face a $100,000 fine or 10 years of imprisonment.

Significantly, the statute also implicates any organization “found to be a conspirator” with the trespasser, threatening collaborator groups with a fine “ten times” that imposed on the intruder — as much as $1 million in cases involving damage.
I'm deeply disturbed by these pushes to destroy the right to protest.
https://theintercept.com/2017/05/06/...organizations/

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-03-2017, 01:26 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

I was having a lovely afternoon. Went to a march against Trump this morning, had a nice walk, and I was just sitting down, waiting for my phone to charge when...this stupidity happened.

Congratulations folks, you've managed to get a second thread locked in 48 hours. Don't ask for prizes, because you don't want to be runner up in the "I'm an abusive jackwagon" race.

Hammer, tone down your rhetoric, official warning.

Mutter, Anansi's correct, the ignore feature is your friend here. If Hammer decides to be abusive, you can choose not to see it and Staff can decide how to handle it.

This thread will re-open at midnight. Do not take the arguments that occurred here elsewhere.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
So, on the subject of actual social justice

I'm deeply disturbed by these pushes to destroy the right to protest.
https://theintercept.com/2017/05/06/...organizations/
Protesting isn't against the law. Vandalism and trespassing is. They should protest politicians that are the ones that respond to political pressure if they want to bring change. The kind of infrastructure work is already dangerous without people being belligerent. There are more peaceful ways to spread their message than that.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:09 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Protesting isn't against the law. Vandalism and trespassing is. They should protest politicians that are the ones that respond to political pressure if they want to bring change. The kind of infrastructure work is already dangerous without people being belligerent. There are more peaceful ways to spread their message than that.
No, but Republicans are trying to make it against the law, or at least so incredibly risky people will go to jail or financially be ruined if they attend a protest where one paid plant can do something to get all the rest of them arrested.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-04-2017, 12:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
No, but Republicans are trying to make it against the law, or at least so incredibly risky people will go to jail or financially be ruined if they attend a protest where one paid plant can do something to get all the rest of them arrested.
I don't want to be harassed or attacked by an angry mob.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:07 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I don't want to be harassed or attacked by an angry mob.
And I don't want to have my rights infringed upon or get shot in the street.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 06-04-2017 at 02:14 PM..
Old 06-04-2017, 02:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
And I don't want to have my rights infringed upon or get shot in the street.
Don't break the law.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:52 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Don't break the law.
Laws change.
Quote:
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Laws change.
By the legislature.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:58 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Don't break the law.
What if the law is Abusive or Unjust? What if I am protesting a law I disagree with? It should not be legal to shoot me or run me over if I am protesting, obstructing you or costing a business money shouldn't make it legal to kill me.

I should not be held accountable because someone else at the same protest does something illegal or stupid, that is guilt by association and that is bad.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-04-2017, 03:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
What if the law is Abusive or Unjust? What if I am protesting a law I disagree with? It should not be legal to shoot me or run me over if I am protesting, obstructing you or costing a business money shouldn't make it legal to kill me.

I should not be held accountable because someone else at the same protest does something illegal or stupid, that is guilt by association and that is bad.
Woah who said anything about killing you? You would just get detained if you trespassed or committed vandalism.

We can't let people who commit crimes in a mob get away with it. They try to subvert democracy with intimidation and sabotage. They are the bad guys.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:16 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Woah who said anything about killing you? You would just get detained if you trespassed or committed vandalism.

We can't let people who commit crimes in a mob get away with it. They try to subvert democracy with intimidation and sabotage. They are the bad guys.
No, I am talking about the laws that let people get run over or killed kr fined 10k dollars for protesting or are near someone who broke the law

They already don't get away with it, these laws are aimed at suppressing Democracy by quashing the voices of citizen dissent

It is easy to ignore emails and phonecalls, it is not easy to ignore the people who are hurt by bad laws if they protest in public, so they want to make it harder to do that

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-04-2017, 03:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
By the legislature.
Or courts.
Or stop being prosecuted.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
No, I am talking about the laws that let people get run over or killed kr fined 10k dollars for protesting or are near someone who broke the law

They already don't get away with it, these laws are aimed at suppressing Democracy by quashing the voices of citizen dissent

It is easy to ignore emails and phonecalls, it is not easy to ignore the people who are hurt by bad laws if they protest in public, so they want to make it harder to do that
A lot of protests have been violent and destructive. In some states when they don't care about the targets of the violence they don't do anything about it. The rioters are like a militant wing of the party that isn't accountable for its actions so they rough people up.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:36 PM

Eternal

There are organizations within the united states that exist for the sole purpose of creating chaos through "protests"

Almost all of these involve causing property damage and injuring other people in the name of "social justice"

Essentially another weapon in using flawed ideologies and the easily manipulated to destabilize a state. Use expendable people to do your dirty work.

Most modern oil and gas pipelines in the US are extremely safe. If you want unsafe transport of energy then have it shipped by train, air, or truck.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:44 PM

Elune

Warren Buffett owns a rail track that transports oil. Shutting down pipelines does him a huge favor.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:00 PM

World Builder

Quote:
A lot of protests have been violent and destructive. In some states when they don't care about the targets of the violence they don't do anything about it. The rioters are like a militant wing of the party that isn't accountable for its actions so they rough people up.

1. Not the majority.

2. Source?

3. Arrest the people who actually break the law, we already have laws against the things the violent folks are doing, there's no need to make it legal to kill them or run them over or arrest peaceful protesters just for being at the same protest as violent folks, or fine folks 10k for any kind of 'defacement' (seriously, a law that lets you get fined for 10k for spray painting something), or sue companies that bail protesters out (which is just companies trying to get money from charities that protect civil liberties)

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-04-2017, 08:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
1. Not the majority.

2. Source?

3. Arrest the people who actually break the law, we already have laws against the things the violent folks are doing, there's no need to make it legal to kill them or run them over or arrest peaceful protesters just for being at the same protest as violent folks, or fine folks 10k for any kind of 'defacement' (seriously, a law that lets you get fined for 10k for spray painting something), or sue companies that bail protesters out (which is just companies trying to get money from charities that protect civil liberties)
I think there are enough where I think some government action to protect their people is warranted. I am already anxious when someone brings up politics in a public setting because I don't want to share. People are going to try to attack me or sabotage me in some way. A mob that thinks that way is terrifying.

During the protests in Berkeley the cops weren't protecting anyone.

That reminds of the lynchings our country use to have. Large mobs would put people up to threaten and intimidate them and the government looked the other way.

I don't want to make it legal to kill them or run them over. I just read your article about fining them for vandalism and trespassing which seemed reasonable to me. The criminals take advantage of the chaos of the mobs and the protests are either unable or unwilling to stop them. There are other ways to protest that doesn't put people or property at risk.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:17 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
There are organizations within the united states that exist for the sole purpose of creating chaos through "protests"
Almost all of these involve causing property damage and injuring other people in the name of "social justice"
There are government organizations within the United States that actively engage in agent provocateur actions against protest groups solely to discredit and arrest protesters.

Quote:
Most modern oil and gas pipelines in the US are extremely safe. If you want unsafe transport of energy then have it shipped by train, air, or truck.
Pipelines are indeed the safest way to transport oil. The point is that we should be moving away from oil, not making it easier for us to consume even more.

Quote:
During the protests in Berkeley the cops weren't protecting anyone.
That's now what they were there for, silly. Cops show up to protests to arrest everyone they can by kettling. Protecting people doesn't get them any revenue.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-04-2017 at 08:20 PM..
Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
That's now what they were there for, silly. Cops show up to protests to arrest everyone they can by kettling. Protecting people doesn't get them any revenue.
Indiana cops would protect me. Just not Berkeley ones because they want their protests to intimidate and rough people up.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:28 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Indiana cops would protect me. Just not Berkeley ones because they want their protests to intimidate and rough people up.
Nope. All cops just want protesters to intimidate and rough people up so there's a reason to make arrests.
Member #14

Tags
realspace, serious business