Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-04-2018, 07:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

No real updates to the allied race models in this build.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:49 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

People gonna race change to orc so haard.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
People gonna race change to orc so haard.
I always knew that.
Orcs were always ruined by the hunchback, it was the thing holding them down.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-04-2018, 08:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Anyone logged to PTR to check any changes?

Won't have time until tomorrow.
Removed allied races from orgrimmar. Removed pandaren from the embassy in SW, replaced her with human peasants. Added in flags to click on for each race.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I just realized: Many of the Shipwrecked Captives in Azsuna are Kul Tiras marines and Zandalari trolls. BfA was staring us in the face since Legion launched!
Old 01-05-2018, 02:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I just realized: Many of the Shipwrecked Captives in Azsuna are Kul Tiras marines and Zandalari trolls. BfA was staring us in the face since Legion launched!
Wow, sorry if I sound mean (not the intention, I just don't know what words to use), but you were very slow on this one. The Shipwrecked Captives were the source for very popular theories about next expansion.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-05-2018, 02:45 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Wow, sorry if I sound mean (not the intention, I just don't know what words to use), but you were very slow on this one. The Shipwrecked Captives were the source for very popular theories about next expansion.
I knew they were there, what I'm remarking on is that I just now realized they had to have been deliberate foreshadowing on Blizzard's part rather than just random additions like the tuskarr and gnoll captives.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:47 AM

Chimaera

Were there any explanations for why Seething Shore has Ogre (explicitly Gorian) ruins?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:56 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

It's fairly obvious Farahlon is an uncharted island to be discovered in the events leading up to 9.0.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
It's fairly obvious Farahlon is an uncharted island to be discovered in the events leading up to 9.0.
And it will lead to the Discovery of the Ogre continent.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:16 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
And it will lead to the Discovery of the Ogre continent.
No doubt displaced by Gorian magis away from Draenor.
And that is what the ogres were looking for in the west -- at least before Cho'Gall and company became distracted by the Old Gods.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:08 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Logically speaking, they shouldn't have a new architecture style in so little time. But from design PoV, rule of cool often takes over logic.
Oh, don't get me wrong - if they'll have unique architecture, then fine by me, as long as they would explain it (heavy manipulating buildings with void energy or whatever). If they'll have really stron BElves architecture, then also fine by me, as it will be clear for me why they have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
in your dreams! it is the truth that the warfront is far from quelthalas and the horde and the alliance divert resources to kultiras and zandalar.
later we are going to fight against the forces of Nzoth! remember azshara is going to be a major enemy
Actually I think that we will fight someone else. Remember Ogmot?

The blade's eye watches all. Why do you not see?
The first of his lies has been offered.
Bound by a Throne? No... boundless.
The next will come soon.

Who can be bound by throne? Sargeras, Anduin, N'zoth are pretty obvious choices of being bound by Throne or metaphorical throne. But there is also one more - Bolvar. I dig recruiting him by Azshara, which would explain these two bosses.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIPlayer View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong - if they'll have unique architecture, then fine by me, as long as they would explain it (heavy manipulating buildings with void energy or whatever). If they'll have really stron BElves architecture, then also fine by me, as it will be clear for me why they have it.

Actually I think that we will fight someone else. Remember Ogmot?

The blade's eye watches all. Why do you not see?
The first of his lies has been offered.
Bound by a Throne? No... boundless.
The next will come soon.

Who can be bound by throne? Sargeras, Anduin, N'zoth are pretty obvious choices of being bound by Throne or metaphorical throne. But there is also one more - Bolvar. I dig recruiting him by Azshara, which would explain these two bosses.
Nzoth is the corruptor it would not be weird that he turned Bolvar into one of his servants
Old 01-05-2018, 07:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Nzoth is the corruptor it would not be weird that he turned Bolvar into one of his servants
It wouldn't be weird, but it would be absolutely stupid. Lumping every single villain under the Void is not a good thing.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Also remember the scourge and Yogg-Saron hated each other.

In other news, the new PTR build has added a way to purchase legendaries. Turning in 175 wakening essences to Arcanomancer Vridiel will give you a "Purified Titan Essence," which on use will turn into a legendary item your character doesn't have yet.

Hi all!

Today's PTR update includes a new method for acquiring Legendary items: the Purified Titan Essence. This item can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran in exchange for 175 Wakening Essences.

When used, the Purified Titan Essence will immediately grant a Legion Legendary item appropriate for your specialization. Note that this item is bind on pickup, and that the Legendary item granted by the Purified Titan Essence does not affect your chance to earn a Legendary through other methods.

Additionally, the Awoken Titan Essence used to upgrade Legendary items to item level 1000 is now sold by Arcanomancer Vridiel as a vendor item, rather than as a quest reward, for the same total cost (50 Wakening Essences). The quest will no longer be offered, but can be turned in if your character already has it active.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
SNIP
Im wondering if these will carry over so people can start farming now
Old 01-05-2018, 09:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Also remember the scourge and Yogg-Saron hated each other.

In other news, the new PTR build has added a way to purchase legendaries. Turning in 175 wakening essences to Arcanomancer Vridiel will give you a "Purified Titan Essence," which on use will turn into a legendary item your character doesn't have yet.

Hi all!

Today's PTR update includes a new method for acquiring Legendary items: the Purified Titan Essence. This item can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran in exchange for 175 Wakening Essences.

When used, the Purified Titan Essence will immediately grant a Legion Legendary item appropriate for your specialization. Note that this item is bind on pickup, and that the Legendary item granted by the Purified Titan Essence does not affect your chance to earn a Legendary through other methods.

Additionally, the Awoken Titan Essence used to upgrade Legendary items to item level 1000 is now sold by Arcanomancer Vridiel as a vendor item, rather than as a quest reward, for the same total cost (50 Wakening Essences). The quest will no longer be offered, but can be turned in if your character already has it active.
Yogg-Saron and Nzoth fought with each other in the past
Old 01-05-2018, 09:48 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Yogg-Saron and Nzoth fought with each other in the past
True, but the seem to be very chummy with each other recently, given Yogg-Saron created the Nightmare, which N'Zoth controls. Unless we're meant to assume N'Zoth stole it from Yogg? Hadn't thought of it that way...
Old 01-05-2018, 10:29 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Artifact Retirement Cutscene:

Canonically, the artifacts were wielded by various order hall characters like Rensar Greathoof (Scythe of Elune), Darion Mograine (Apocalypse), High Priestess Ishanah (T'uure), Archmage Vargoth (Aluneth), Iron Body Ponshu (Sheilun) and Kor'vas Bloodthorn (Twinblades of the Deciever).

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 01-05-2018 at 10:33 PM..
Old 01-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Eternal

Because we should totally be empowering the shadow priest and warlock Artifact weapons with the lingering energies of a pissed off, fel corrupted Titan.

Oh well, at least Thrall gets Super Titan Doomhammer back I guess.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:44 PM

Arch-Druid

I didn't even notice the NPCs were guys we knew at first, just thought they were player stand-ins.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:02 PM

Elune

Quote:

Canonically, the artifacts were wielded by various order hall characters like Rensar Greathoof (Scythe of Elune), Darion Mograine (Apocalypse), High Priestess Ishanah (T'uure), Archmage Vargoth (Aluneth), Iron Body Ponshu (Sheilun) and Kor'vas Bloodthorn (Twinblades of the Deciever).
Can we say that's canon though? They're all Alliance characters on an Alliance airship, which makes me think the Horde get a version with their own characters.

Unless they wield different artifacts, I could see that happening.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:04 AM

Eternal

Vargoth was corrupted for a good part of the mage campaign so doesn't really make sense for him to be the wielder it out of all people. Rensar Greathoof seems generic.Some classes missing but I assume it's just not finished yet.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:17 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Can we say that's canon though? They're all Alliance characters on an Alliance airship, which makes me think the Horde get a version with their own characters.

Unless they wield different artifacts, I could see that happening.
Given that all the order hall characters are functionally neutral for that purpose, I imagine the only faction difference would be the type of gunship they're on. Also there's probably a greater pool of potential characters to appear in the event you have the same artifact weapon.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:58 AM

Banished

From guy who datamine cinematic.
Quote:
After cinematic, artifact will become unstable, there are special UI things about it that include sound and instability animations.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft