Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
1. I was kidding.

2. Hollus is, by nature, virtually able to exist at any point in time anyway. I kill him now, it really means nothing, and he's easy to bring back.

3. In fact, maybe he's already dead.

(ok, not really...)
Troo, and if he dies, doesn't he become like kil'jaeden's little chew toy or something? xD That would suck for everyone.

My fanfiction: Straydog Saga / Coldnose: COTFT / Imajin That! / Mortally Wounded
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orifiel Whitedeer View Post
Troo, and if he dies, doesn't he become like kil'jaeden's little chew toy or something? xD That would suck for everyone.
Please. I know how to safely kill off a demonic chew toy.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:50 PM

Warden

Quote:
Please. I know how to safely kill off a demonic chew toy.
But you WON'T >.> kay?

My fanfiction: Straydog Saga / Coldnose: COTFT / Imajin That! / Mortally Wounded
Old 05-24-2011, 04:53 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
But you WON'T >.> kay?
No plans to do so at this time.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Warden

Quote:
No plans to do so at this time.
Good Poor Hollus has been pooped on enough in his weird life xD.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:04 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Good Poor Hollus has been pooped on enough in his weird life xD.
That's sort of his lot.

I had hoped to have a substantial update today, but got some very odd news at work that I had to deal with, so I'm not sure I'll have time.

Which annoys me, because I'm really looking forward to writing the next bit.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Warden

Quote:
That's sort of his lot.

I had hoped to have a substantial update today, but got some very odd news at work that I had to deal with, so I'm not sure I'll have time.

Which annoys me, because I'm really looking forward to writing the next bit.
Aww now i has a sad

Old 05-24-2011, 06:01 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Aww now i has a sad
Honestly, it's probably for the best. I have a 90 minute commute during which I'll refine the story in my head a bit, which should yield a better result anyway.

I mean, I know generally where I'm going with the story, but the details are always where the good stuff is.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Samael#1487

Darn you, Bolvar! I walk away for two days and you post three new chapters?! On the plus side, they're so good, there's nothing to complain about. High quality is what I've come to expect from you. You said you were actually a professional author taking a break, right?

The real reason why I posted here is because you brought up a very interesting issue. Are second-generation Worgen also cursed? Given that the curse seems to spread by contact of bodily fluids, I suspect it would follow an infection pattern similar to HIV or hepatitis C. Bizzarely, this could mean babies delivered ******lly would be infected, while those delivered by c-section would not.

That opens up a whole other ethical can of worms. Would Nina and Shadrach want their child to "suffer from their affliction?" Or would they view it as a gift to be passed on? Some deaf parents have been known to deliberately ask for a deaf child from fertility clinics.

And finally, if shapeshifters take on the biology of their current form, what happens to pregnant druids? Maybe that's why the job was originally restricted to males...
Old 05-24-2011, 09:24 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Darn you, Bolvar! I walk away for two days and you post three new chapters?! On the plus side, they're so good, there's nothing to complain about. High quality is what I've come to expect from you. You said you were actually a professional author taking a break, right?

The real reason why I posted here is because you brought up a very interesting issue. Are second-generation Worgen also cursed? Given that the curse seems to spread by contact of bodily fluids, I suspect it would follow an infection pattern similar to HIV or hepatitis C. Bizzarely, this could mean babies delivered ******lly would be infected, while those delivered by c-section would not.

That opens up a whole other ethical can of worms. Would Nina and Shadrach want their child to "suffer from their affliction?" Or would they view it as a gift to be passed on? Some deaf parents have been known to deliberately ask for a deaf child from fertility clinics.

And finally, if shapeshifters take on the biology of their current form, what happens to pregnant druids? Maybe that's why the job was originally restricted to males...
1. I'm not a "professional author," per se. I am a published columnist and feature writer, and have had my non-fiction work published in a number of newspapers and magazines. As fiction goes, I've never been published. To be perfectly candid, I'm the perpetual procrastinating writer who has been "working on a novel" (without getting much written) for the better part of 10 years. I do appreciate the generous compliment; my work here comes in massive bursts because I typically wrangle with a concept for a while, write, and finally revise in large chunks before I post it.

2. As far as I can tell, there's no official lore on Worgen children. I have my own take on this. I don't mind "spoiling" it if you want to know. To be perfectly honest, even if lore appears later on to disagree with my claim, I feel I'm in a good place with it, as the exact circumstances of the child's conception are indeed very unique, and can easily be used to explain any possible future discrepancy with whatever Blizzard decides to do.

My guess (and this is just a guess) is that Blizzard already has one race that can't naturally reproduce. I doubt they intended to introduce another.

3. My biggest stumbling block right now is finding some definitive source on Blood Elf/High Elf life spans. I'm sort of working on a family tree here for a few characters, and all I can see is some blurb in WowPedia that suggests an average life of about 275 years. Some knowledge of troll lifespan would be good, too... eventually...
Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 AM

Demon Hunter

Awesome new chapters, but frustrating as they're basically a tease of the good stuff to come.

Also, life spans are a real tricky thing. Wowpedia's claim seems very low. There's a placard on Sunstrider Isle that claims that Dath'remar died in the third war, making him +10k years old. Anasterian also is known to have ruled for 3k years.

I think that, ultimately, lifespans are going to equal whatever the plot requires
Old 05-25-2011, 01:28 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsider View Post
Awesome new chapters, but frustrating as they're basically a tease of the good stuff to come.

Also, life spans are a real tricky thing. Wowpedia's claim seems very low. There's a placard on Sunstrider Isle that claims that Dath'remar died in the third war, making him +10k years old. Anasterian also is known to have ruled for 3k years.

I think that, ultimately, lifespans are going to equal whatever the plot requires
The plot requires a bit more than 275. Thanks for the input. That actually helps a great bit.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:13 AM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Samael#1487

Lifespans... Back when WoWWiki was the dominant database, I copied its info on aging into Excel. As a caveat, this information appeared only in the original RPG sourcebook and has never been touched since. It lists High Elves as having the significant ages of 60, 175, 263, and 350. These correspond to 20, 35, 53, and 70 for Humans, respectively. That would indicate that children/adolecents devlop at 1/3 Human rates and then age at 1/5 Human rate thereafter. Given that the Official Encyclopedia claimed Blood Elves are "biologially identical" to High Elves, I assume the same numbers apply to them.

Now, I recall somewhere that a tomb of Dath'remar Sunstrider claims he was killed in the Scourge invasion, a pretty obvious misprint intended as Anasterian. WoWPedia does claim King Anasterian was in power during the Troll Wars, but the only listed source, Arathor and the Troll Wars, does not name the Elves' leader at the time.

As for Valeera Sanguinar, she is stated to have been a "child" at the time of the Scourge invasion, but her fellow gladiators remark she is very young, perhaps too young to be fighting. If we ignore the art, she could've been a tween or young teen when Quel'Thalas fell, yet would be mature enough in the five years between War3 and WoW to hold her own in a fight, especially if she grew up as a street kid. That's what I went with in my parallel character (who I swear was conceived before the WoW Comic was announced!).

On the other hand, certain High Elves would not be above magically extending their lives, I suspect. And they were certainly vain enough to mask their true features in a veil of youth. Your story, your call, of course.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:49 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post

On the other hand, certain High Elves would not be above magically extending their lives, I suspect. And they were certainly vain enough to mask their true features in a veil of youth. Your story, your call, of course.
I don't want to "cheat," but at the same time, I don't see anything definitive in the actual lore.

I generally don't subscribe to the RPG as 100% authoritative, and, as has been mentioned, the in-game references we have indicate that very long lifespans are indeed possible.

I should have the next bit up later today.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

It took me a good two hours to get the runes written properly in the floor, and another 45 minutes to enter a meditative state sufficient for the spell to actually work.

Apparently, emptying my mind of idle chatter is not as easy as Id expected.

Once Id reached a sufficient state of mental disassociation (at least, thats what Hollus called it), the runework took over, and I felt my consciousness slip away into complete darkness.

It was exceptionally disorienting, unnerving, and frightening all at once.

Hello? I called out into the blackness all around me. I couldnt see my hand in front of my face. I wasnt sure I had a hand. Or a face.

A dim golden light began to emerge in front of me, and I soon realized it was a luminescent glow from a figure walking toward me.

You cannot imagine how much easier it is for me to interact with people on this level. The figure was Hollus Fenweaver, although he appeared much younger, with dark hair, and wearing the robes of an initiate mage of the Silvermoon Arcanum.

So you can project yourself into the spirit world like this? I asked.

Yes, but I dare not appear before anyone who is not expecting it. It could have dangerous consequences. He answered. He appeared more relaxed, but he didnt smile. I began to wonder if he ever smiles.

What sort of consequences? I mean, spirit walks are almost dream-like to most people. Youd be regarded as just another piece of scenery.

He shook his head. I see an alternate reality where I enjoy the easy rapport I have with someone like you in this realm. Here, I am not just an impotent, filthy madman. From here, I can show you great things, and impress upon you to act in a manner that suits my liking. In another reality, I become drunk with this power, and carelessly slip into living vicariously through impressionable shamans, mages, and warlocks. I inevitably end up doing the will of the legion through my own desire to simply enjoy normal, personal interaction with another.

Wow. Thats pretty depressing.

Hollus stared into the distance, much like he does in his cell, and says, I was careless once. It caused an immeasurable degree of suffering to people I loved dearly. I see their suffering over and over again, every moment of every day. There are still those in this world paying for my mistakes.

I tried to lighten the mood. Great pep talk. Im feeling really good about this mission now.

He made eye contact, and almost smiled at me. Yes. Your mission; you must take care. I have calculated the possible outcomes, and they are generally positive, as long as you show restraint.

What do you mean?

We are traveling back through your past as we speak. When you arrive at the point I have selected, you will enter your own sub-conscious. If you keep your mind quiet, you will exist as an observer, and you will be able to recover much of your lost memory. It will serve you well, and give you strength that you will need in years to come.

Sounds great, but how does that help me get the vial we need? You said Id be able to nudge myself in the right direction.

You will. When the time is right. But you must be careful; if you exert any strong feeling or emotion, it will influence your past self, even over the simplest thing. Try to recall the unconscious state you forced yourself into to get here; it is a state of mind you must try to maintain, or you will unduly influence your own actions.

Fine, I get it; blank slate. But I probably should know a little bit more about where and when Im going to appear, or my disorientation will just screw up my whole empty-mind thing.

Again, he almost smiled at me. I could see it in his eyes. You know why I speak vaguely, Shadrach. I cannot reveal too much to anyone about anything. I see how it influences their actions. It is so easy to do. Entire races have been cursed by the deliberate expression of this power.

That seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

It is an understatement. The Eredar were cursed by such subtle manipulation. The Orcs fell to the false whispers received by an influential Shaman. The High Elves were tainted by the madness that poisoned the mind of Kaelthas. And these are just the races you know of. Their downfall appears self-inflicted, but they were absolutely engineered by the subtle, sub-conscious suggestions offered by the agents of darkness. I will not be such an agent. Not again. He turned away.

I nodded, understanding. Just tell me what I need to know.

He did not face me when he spoke. You need to know that you were brought forward in time by an event created by a madman attempting to alter the course of history. The Bronze flight never acted, because you did. The trauma of the event cost you your memory.

Are you saying Im from the past? It was an obvious question, but I tend to say obvious things out loud when Im processing something disturbing.

You are Simon Moongrasp. You were born the son of a fisherman in the ancient human settlement at Caer Darrow approximately 3,000 years ago. The rest of what you need to know will come to you after you enter your subconscious.

Three thousand thats wait. And suddenly I felt myself drawn forward in a rush of light.

I found myself sitting on the shores of a glimmering blue lake. The sun was rising, the breeze was cool and refreshing on my cheeks, and I held a stout fishing pole in my hands.

I impulsively felt the urge to lean forward and glance at my reflection in the water. A moment later, my subconscious urge was manifested, and I saw myself, younger than I can ever remember, clean shaven and carefree, not a day over 15 years of age, if that.

Hmm. My past self muttered. Maybe I should grow a beard.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:28 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

I tried to sit quietly in my own head as Hollus suggested, and just take in my surroundings. I continued fishing, and wondered why Id been placed at this point in time, and not just at or near the point where I could take what I needed from the Sunwell.

There are other events you should witness while you are here. Hollus voice sounded like a whisper in the back of my mind.

Like what? I figured hed hear me if I thought it loud enough.

You have formative years ahead. You should know them; it is knowledge you will need later.

Arent you just screwing with the timeline now?

Yes.

And how is that OK?

If I dont, you will lack knowledge that would aid you in a decision that will cost thousands of lives, including your own. I have seen both outcomes; it is immeasurably better if I let you have your own memory in this case.

What will the Bronze flight think of all this?

The timeline has never been static, and they do not always have to intervene when it is tampered with.

And you already know they wont intervene in this case?

Yes.

So that makes it alright?

No, but my granddaughter is among the lives you save later, and I am not entirely heartless or impartial.

I dont suppose Ill ever know who she is?

You dont need to.

And I was fine with that. The way I saw it, my memory got blitzed because someone else was screwing with the past. If all I did was get it back, it was a fair exchange.

The sun continued to rise over Darrowmere Lake, and the fish gradually stopped biting. I packed my tackle and gathered the basket of fish Id caught, and walked toward the village.

Caer Darrow has always been a ruined mess in my experience, but what would eventually become the plagued town was now a thriving village built of simple wood and thatched structures, with a large stone obelisk in its center.

I couldnt help being drawn to it. The arcane energy it gave off was palpable, and I wondered if my conscious self was able to feel it. I reached out to touch it, and one of the runes gave off a faint glow as my hand approached the surface.

Ill venture youre the only lad in this backwater fishing town that can do that. I turned to see a man in blue robes speaking to me.

Im sorry, sir Ive only seen it do that once or twice before. I suppose its some sort of Elvish magic. I replied.

No need to apologize, boy. You live around here? He was tall and fit, and had an air of authority and privilege about him. I could tell my younger self did not recognize him as one of the villagers, but assumed he must be important from the finery of his clothing.

Yes, sir. My father is a fishmonger. My family lives in the back of his shop on the market row.

Lets go see them, shall we? He gestured for me to lead the way.

Am I in trouble for something?

Absolutely not. I should think your parents will be most pleased to hear what I have to say. He smiled, and I led him through the village to my fathers shop.

It was a small but well-kept storefront, with baskets of freshly cleaned fish, and a few rows of smoked perch hanging along two of the walls inside. I instantly recognized my father standing behind the counter.

He was taller than even my full-grown self, and almost burly in build and complexion. He had black hair and a mustache that was just starting to show flecks of grey. He smiled at me when I entered.

Well, Simon, howd you do on the western shore this morning? He asked, casting a careful glance at our visitor.

Twelve catfish and two carp. I offered him the basket I was carrying. Then I introduced the man in the blue robes, Father, I met this man in the village and he asked to see you and mum.

He nodded. Shes in the back. Run and get her.

I walked around the counter and through the door to our home in the back, but I overheard my father introduce himself, Leopold Moongrasp. You must be from Strom.

I missed the rest of the conversation as I ventured out back to find my mother in the vegetable garden she kept behind the house. Mom? Theres a man in the shop to see you and Dad.

She turned from the tomatoes she was picking. She looked just like me, or, I should say, I looked just like her, right down to her eye and hair color. Whats he want, dear?

He didnt say. Hes from out of town.

Alright, lets go see what hes about. She kissed me on the head as she walked past. I had to struggle not to let the urge to weep escape from my subconscious.

We entered the shop, and my father introduced my mother, Ah, my wife, Patricia.

She offered the visitor her hand, and he shook it politely. Counselor Meryl Winterstorm, Advisor to King Thoradin. A pleasure to meet you, my lady.

My mother was clearly flustered and more than a little annoyed at not having the opportunity to clean up before receiving a guest from the Kings court. Oh, please excuse us. We were not expecting company this morning.

Nor was I expecting to visit. But, as I was telling Leopold, I have seen your son do something remarkable, and I have an opportunity to offer him. He did his best to make my mother feel better by speaking informally.

What do you mean? she asked, then turned to me, Simon, what have you been up to?

I put my hands up defensively, Nothing, Ma I was just walking back home.

Your son is not in any trouble, Mrs. Moongrasp. It was fortuitous that I happened upon the village square when he passed the Runestone.

The what? My father asked.

The obelisk in the square; it is a High Elven Runestone. The Elves created them centuries ago and placed them around the northern parts of this continent to ward off evil. It is a powerful magical object, and your son possesses the ability to ignite it.

He set it on FIRE?!? My mother looked like she might slap me.

No, no, he merely made one of the smaller runes glow. It is a rare gift, especially among our kind. Your son has a natural sense of the arcane.

My father interrupted, Im sorry, Counselor. I have no idea what youre talking about. Elvish artifacts and arcane gifts; were just fishermen.

Of course. Have you ever met a High Elf, Leopold?

No, as I understand, they generally prefer to keep to themselves, and they dont think too highly of men.

Indeed, that has been the case. But times have changed. You will doubtless soon receive word that King Thoradin has agreed to an alliance with King Sunstrider of the High Elves in their struggle against the Amani Empire.

Hes agreed to go to war with the Trolls? My father growled. This is madness! We have no quarrel with them! Theyre nothing more than a nuisance to us.

Winterstorm nodded, They have been that, but largely only because their war with the Elves keeps their attention focused on Quelthalas; but there is a very real chance they will emerge victorious in that conflict, and then, I assure you, they will set their sights upon the Arathi Empire. We have an opportunity to help eradicate that threat, and earn favor with the Elves.

My father just shook his head. At what cost? He gestured toward me. Boys like my son here will be conscripted into the Kings army. The blood of our children will be spilled in a war we dont need to start.

There will be bloodshed one way or another. But if the Elves are defeated, we dont stand a chance against those cannibals. It is an unpleasant truth. However, I am not here to debate the inevitable; King Thoradins decision was final weeks ago.

Then why are you here? My father was clearly aggravated, and wanted nothing more than to show this bearer of bad news to the door.

I can offer your son an opportunity to receive an exceptional education in the arcane arts, and, I might add, avoid service in the Kings army.

What do you mean? This time my mother asked.

One of the terms of our alliance with the elves; they have agreed to train one hundred men in the use of magic. He paused to let his audience consider this.

Then he continued, Now, the King has already wasted most of these coveted scholarships on the privileged sons of wealth and nobility, but I have impressed upon him to allow me to select a few commoners that have genuine talent. Your boy has talent, Mr. and Mrs. Moongrasp.

My father looked at him quizzically. Then, to everyones surprise, he punched the man in the blue robes.

Glaring, he stood over the man, who was clutching his bleeding nose. Now you listen here! I dont know who the hell you REALLY are, but were not stupid just because we work for a living! You walk into my place and feed us all this fairy tale about elves and magic and trolls and bullshit, and expect me to just hand you, a dandy in pretty silk robes, my only son? Get your sorry neck out of my shop before I break it!

And, of course, the man got up and walked out.

I have to admit, I was pretty proud of my old man.

Even though he was wrong.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Warden

Quote:
No, but my granddaughter is among the lives you save later, and I am not entirely heartless or impartial.
Awesome updates...

a) did I ever tell you about that and/or GET OUT OF MY HEAD

b) We'll have to coordinate xD.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:08 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Awesome updates...

a) did I ever tell you about that and/or GET OUT OF MY HEAD

b) We'll have to coordinate xD.
Here's the thing - I thought of pinging you before writing that, and then I figured, "what the hell... even if Chris isn't planning kids, it doesn't *HAVE* to be his daughter..."

I mean, technically, it's still possible for Hollus to have more children.

But, obviously, it makes more sense if it's the inevitable Christoffel/Shandori love-child. But, no, you've never made any mention of it. I just needed to throw that line out there to humanize him a bit.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:17 PM

Warden

Quote:
Here's the thing - I thought of pinging you before writing that, and then I figured, "what the hell... even if Chris isn't planning kids, it doesn't *HAVE* to be his daughter..."

I mean, technically, it's still possible for Hollus to have more children.

But, obviously, it makes more sense if it's the inevitable Christoffel/Shandori love-child. But, no, you've never made any mention of it. I just needed to throw that line out there to humanize him a bit.
Then you CLEARLY are a mind reader and need to get the hell out of my brain, like right now xD.

FYI - Her name is Rhiannon by the way.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Then you CLEARLY are a mind reader and need to get the hell out of my brain, like right now xD.

FYI - Her name is Rhiannon by the way.
Does she ring like a bell in the night?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:24 PM

Warden

Quote:
Does she ring like a bell in the night?
Wouln't YOU love to love her?

Old 05-26-2011, 06:30 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Wouln't YOU love to love her?
Yeah, those are pretty much the only two lines to that song that I know off the top of my head.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 PM

Warden

Quote:
Yeah, those are pretty much the only two lines to that song that I know off the top of my head.
heehee I heart Fleetwood Mac.

But for possible story goodness here are some specs for her:

Name: Rhiannon Keenkeris ( Dori and Chris decide to use his beloved mother's name as their own, and pass it to Rhia since Sagesmoke is her mom's name and well...yeah.)

Appearance: Taller than the average blood elf with the looks of the "high elves" (think the original high elf models like the ghosts found in the ghost lands in the Blood elf starting area) Looks like her daddy with pale skin and black hair with a slight blue tint. She has her mother's eyes.

Personality: very quiet, demure, and a bit shy and unsure.

Dream: She wants to be a mage but, like Ima, is rejected by conventional teachers because of her odd and in some cases "abominable" parentage. Plus she lacks the talent to be a good mage and this is very hard on her (meanwhile, Chris and Dori secretly throw huge parties. Chris doesn't want her addicted to magic and Dori doesn't want her daughter to go through what Chris went through trying to "get clean")

Her "destiny": not sure yet and and even if I did know, what kind of sequel would there be if I spoiled everything now?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:43 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
heehee I heart Fleetwood Mac.

But for possible story goodness here are some specs for her:

Name: Rhiannon Keenkeris ( Dori and Chris decide to use his beloved mother's name as their own, and pass it to Rhia since Sagesmoke is her mom's name and well...yeah.)

Appearance: Taller than the average blood elf with the looks of the "high elves" (think the original high elf models like the ghosts found in the ghost lands in the Blood elf starting area) Looks like her daddy with pale skin and black hair with a slight blue tint. She has her mother's eyes.

Personality: very quiet, demure, and a bit shy and unsure.

Dream: She wants to be a mage but, like Ima, is rejected by conventional teachers because of her odd and in some cases "abominable" parentage. Plus she lacks the talent to be a good mage and this is very hard on her (meanwhile, Chris and Dori secretly throw huge parties. Chris doesn't want her addicted to magic and Dori doesn't want her daughter to go through what Chris went through trying to "get clean")

Her "destiny": not sure yet and and even if I did know, what kind of sequel would there be if I spoiled everything now?
The daughter of a warrior and a rogue... and you want to make her a caster?

Psh.

Issues with fel addiction running in the family, but likes to play with mana... parents who know how to smash faces...

She's practically SCREAMING to be a Ret Pally.

*edit... or maybe, MAYBE an enhancement shaman... but, really, that doesn't quite fit, and it's not very elf-like...
Old 05-27-2011, 06:35 AM

Warden

Quote:
The daughter of a warrior and a rogue... and you want to make her a caster?

Psh.

Issues with fel addiction running in the family, but likes to play with mana... parents who know how to smash faces...

She's practically SCREAMING to be a Ret Pally.

*edit... or maybe, MAYBE an enhancement shaman... but, really, that doesn't quite fit, and it's not very elf-like...
Well she has a tad bit of the "Holy shit that is a rather large shadow my parents are casting that I oh so happen to be standing in" syndrome. You know how it can go "Oh me and you mom were good friends back in the day and I'm going to go on and on about how epic she is and how epic your daddy is and you MIGHT be as good some day."

And you know how teens can be about wanting to establish their own self as a unique entity. But in this case she doesn't have the attitude of the mage and those mages who WOULD teach her see she's going into it for the wrong reasons so they suggest she seek out a calling that's more suited to her.

And I really haven't decided yet if she'll take on a class or be a tag along to those who are heroes. I'm just trying not to make her another annoying whiny angsty teen which may take me the rest of SDS to figure out. But at least I have time and you can use her in this story if needed

Tags
bolvar, creative