Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM

Banished

OMG, HoS Mod. I'm still kinda sad that it never happened
Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Welcome back, Kenzuki .

No need to apologize, all of us had our flaws when we were young .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-27-2012, 09:34 AM

Echo of the Past

Pleased to meet you! Let me know if you want to argue religion sometime.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:36 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Bolvar is serious, but Bolvar also likes K-Pop.
K-Pop is awesome. Why do you say this as if it's derogatory.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Not all of us (looks down in shame)
Yeah well most of us... a few? but you can't say that. Although it's true I can't remember you being childish about anything so maybe you've not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
And speaking of, you should post more too! The fogey's need all the help they can get, otherwise all the young-un's will steal our lore-security checks.
I would, but only reading new posts already takes a lot of my free time. I blame my job, my sports and my gamer life.
However I'm always here to vote for old-timer friendly laws and to grab my checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
And I said, JUST WAIT, KENZUKI. THE DAY WILL COME WHEN ARTHAS WILL BECOME A RAID BOSS. THEN I'LL SAY I TOLD YOU SO.

Well...

Deep down we all laughed it off, never really believing World of Warcraft would take it that far.
And I remember you being rude to me after I told you the major lore characters' deaths to players were canon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
I remember that Tim, and I was always hyper-anal about the RPG books. You'd think it was my freaken Bible or something lol.
You did come from the old white wolf forums, IIRC. To think those books are completely useless now
Old 01-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Apologies for the egregious thread necromancy, but I was going on something of a memory trip and was pretty astonished to find this post. It's just not that often that you see people apologize unprompted for five-year-old trolling.

In the event that Kenzuki is still around 7 years after posting this, I really appreciate it as the person who was possibly your primary antagonist in online debates circa 2007. I was a teenager myself back then, and probably often more combative than the situation warranted. My own politics haven't changed too much -- if anything, I'm somewhat further to the left than I was then, as a result of meeting a lot of people with backgrounds very different than my own. I expect we still disagree on way more things than we agree on. But the notion that I could probably have a reasoned conversation with somebody whom I primarily associate with vitriol-filled online debates about the innate morality/intelligence of orcs is somehow really comforting to me, especially in the present political moment. So thank you.

Also, hi other people I knew back in the day if any of you are still around (Aldrius? Timolas? Kerrah? Omacron? ARM?). What's new?

Last edited by Flamestrider; 01-11-2019 at 10:44 PM..
Old 01-13-2019, 05:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamestrider View Post
(Aldrius? Timolas? Kerrah? Omacron? ARM?)
Yes, no, no yes, yes.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:53 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Apologies for the egregious thread necromancy, but I was going on something of a memory trip and was pretty astonished to find this post. It's just not that often that you see people apologize unprompted for five-year-old trolling.

In the event that Kenzuki is still around 7 years after posting this, I really appreciate it as the person who was possibly your primary antagonist in online debates circa 2007. I was a teenager myself back then, and probably often more combative than the situation warranted. My own politics haven't changed too much -- if anything, I'm somewhat further to the left than I was then, as a result of meeting a lot of people with backgrounds very different than my own. I expect we still disagree on way more things than we agree on. But the notion that I could probably have a reasoned conversation with somebody whom I primarily associate with vitriol-filled online debates about the innate morality/intelligence of orcs is somehow really comforting to me, especially in the present political moment. So thank you.

Also, hi other people I knew back in the day if any of you are still around (Aldrius? Timolas? Kerrah? Omacron? ARM?). What's new?
Well now, I don't recall you at all, and judging by those names you might've been before my time, but you seem a very friendly sort, nice to see you.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-17-2019, 01:34 AM

Eternal

Quote:

I remember your fan-made map. Do you still have it somewhere?
Old 01-19-2019, 03:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Yup; actually it was up on my wall for most of the past decade; in the last two years when I've been living in smaller apartments with less space I've tucked it away for safekeeping...

Warcraft was probably the first game whose lore I really fell for in a big way. WoW in most ways initially helped with this -- I loved the vastness and openness of the world. But the relentless logic of the expansions eventually got to me (I loved the way Outland looked, but the utterly botched characterization of the Illidari was very disillusioning). There are certain kinds of stories that MMOs are good at telling and others that they aren't well suited to, and I feel like increasingly they have been trying to tell the latter stories.

For the past ten years or so my main fantasy world outlets (when I have time for them) have been Elder Scrolls lore and Magic the Gathering (the actual story isn't my thing, but I appreciate the interplay of flavor and card design).

All this is to say I don't forsee hanging around here for the long haul but thanks for indulging my resurrection of a seven-year-old thread!
Old 01-19-2019, 04:03 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Wow I can't believe it's been 8 years typing at you chuckle heads, Sometimes I miss you muppets. <3

Last edited by Sonneillon; 01-20-2019 at 10:10 AM..
Old 01-19-2019, 09:04 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

i hope you all die tonight in your sleep.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:17 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonneillon View Post
wow i can't believe it's been 18 years typing at you chuckle heads, sometimes i miss you muppets. <3

Also, Gurzog gets another warning.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:48 AM

Lord of Time

I'm with Gurzog.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:37 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
I'm with Gurzog.
But why porque?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/