Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-23-2009, 06:55 AM

Elune

Uuuuh now i'm having a bad feeling about this. Not trying to be pessimistic but if they live outside the circle why would the Titans be so worried of killing the bastards. Sorry i just can't take some quest/quote people that work for Blizzard, ah well i'm still not believing C'thun is alive, sure we thought about it but then we started piling up the evidence, not to mention if C'thun would be alive, how did Garona manage to enter so easily thru it's "vag" lol.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Uhr... Damn you!

But I'm skilled at WoWWiki, so no problem. Here you have .

http://www.wowwiki.com/Volazj#Quotes

Take that .
"Where one falls, many shall take its place."

I hope that is not true. Maybe that is why they keep spreading. There probably was 1 old god and then we got 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Uuuuh now i'm having a bad feeling about this. Not trying to be pessimistic but if they live outside the circle why would the Titans be so worried of killing the bastards. Sorry i just can't take some quest/quote people that work for Blizzard, ah well i'm still not believing C'thun is alive, sure we thought about it but then we started piling up the evidence, not to mention if C'thun would be alive, how did Garona manage to enter so easily thru it's "vag" lol.
If I remember, when they cut one of his tentacles earlier in the series blood dripped out. Shouldn't blood not be "active" after however long C'thun has been dead for?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I think the cycle things is just that their bodies aren't primordial for them, that are just a representation of their being in the physical world.

To destroy them, you should destroy their spirits/souls/presences, whatever ou call them.

Quote:
thru it's "vag" lol.
Wrong image, wrong image, WRONG IMAGE.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-23-2009, 07:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
I think the cycle things is just that their bodies aren't primordial for them, that are just a representation of their being in the physical world.

To destroy them, you should destroy their spirits/souls/presences, whatever ou call them.

Wrong image, wrong image, WRONG IMAGE.
If they are "out of cycle", why do they even care about things "in cycle"?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:17 PM

Mountain Giant

Well since they don't die, or live for that matter, I starting to assume that your right in stating that while they do 'die' they are never truly dead. Instead, they slowly regenerate over time until they again reach their full potential. C'thun was sitting in Ahn'Qiraj for quite some time, brooding. Perhaps that was what he was waiting for, his recovery from when the Titans whooped his ass. Perhaps Cho'gall was simply trying to speed up the process?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarin View Post
Well since they don't die, or live for that matter, I starting to assume that your right in stating that while they do 'die' they are never truly dead. Instead, they slowly regenerate over time until they again reach their full potential. C'thun was sitting in Ahn'Qiraj for quite some time, brooding. Perhaps that was what he was waiting for, his recovery from when the Titans whooped his ass. Perhaps Cho'gall was simply trying to speed up the process?
I thought the elves helped defeat him, or his ambitions at least, one time in history also?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 PM

Mountain Giant

I dont think the Night Elves knew about him during the War of the Shifting Sands. All they knew was that the Bronze Dragonflight said there was an ancient evil deep beneath the sands and thats why they sealed it in the first place.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarin View Post
I dont think the Night Elves knew about him during the War of the Shifting Sands. All they knew was that the Bronze Dragonflight said there was an ancient evil deep beneath the sands and thats why they sealed it in the first place.
So it took C'thun the time from his inprisonment until recently to get strength back? Which means we won't see him for a few hundred thousand more years I guess.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Maybe they do die. Maybe killing them is an extremely intensive process that IS dangerous to Azeroth. Maybe hitting them in the face with fireballs and swords ISN'T how you kill them. If the old gods are parasites, maybe you do need to go into the foundation of Azeroth and clean them out, otherwise they'll regenerate. Maybe C'Thun and Yogg Saron didn't "die" the first or second times they were killed, you just cut off a big part of them that needs to regenerate for a few millenia.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:59 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

I think that some or all of those Volazj quotes may or may not be about the Old Gods. He may be referring to himself and the other faceless ones in the third person. Maybe its just me, but I read it that way and to me it makes the faceless ones more alien and unsettling.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 PM

Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrusher View Post
Another location is Tirisfal. There's rumors of an ancient evil deep beneath the area. Krasus's citadel in the mountains is said to be nearby and in the basement is a small well with magic like the Sunwell, but when within you hear dark whispers. When the High Elves landed in the area they were driven to violence among each other, speculation is that the Old Gods whispered to them. There's also one or 2 quests in Undercity related to the Forsaken actually using Old God's blood and stuff.
http://download.czneo.name/Rook__s_A...y_pickwick.jpg

Look to the west of the Lordaeron symbol and there is a drawing similar to the drawing/symbol where the Master's Glaive is.

And I do not think these are slain Old Gods I think they are similar to forgotten ones but with a different appearance due to the fact that they serve under a different old god.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk2009 View Post
http://download.czneo.name/Rook__s_A...y_pickwick.jpg

Look to the west of the Lordaeron symbol and there is a drawing similar to the drawing/symbol where the Master's Glaive is.

And I do not think these are slain Old Gods I think they are similar to forgotten ones but with a different appearance due to the fact that they serve under a different old god.
Errr... how exactly is a fan-made custom world map supposed to serve as a proof that there's an Old God or something related to an Old God in Tirisfal?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM

Not to mention that the Forgotten one was/is PART of an Old God, namely, Yogg-Saron.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Not to mention that the Forgotten one was/is PART of an Old God, namely, Yogg-Saron.
Didn't Anub'urak say something about "one of the Forgotten Ones" like there were/are many though?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Didn't Anub'urak say something about "one of the Forgotten Ones" like there were/are many though?
As in "five"?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
As in "five"?
I thought he meant there were many as in of that thing they were fighting. Not many old gods who had something like a forgotten one attached to it.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Unhappy

Quote:
Northrend has saronite all around it, and Yogg-Saron isn't as big as a continent, is it?
Yes. Yes he is.

He's clearly got limbs in the Nerubian Empire.
We know he resides physically in Ulduar for certain.
Vordrassil's roots grew deep enough to actually phsycally touch him.
In Icecrown, there are some workers around a lake of sorts. I've noticed that at the bottom of that lake, there's a giant freaking tentacle with a maw.

So far, Yog-Saron is physically present in Icecrown, Storm Peaks, Grizzly Hills and the Dragonblight.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:45 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Yes. Yes he is.

In Icecrown, there are some workers around a lake of sorts. I've noticed that at the bottom of that lake, there's a giant freaking tentacle with a maw.

So far, Yog-Saron is physically present in Icecrown, Storm Peaks, Grizzly Hills and the Dragonblight.
Well the thing is that an old god seems to have forgotten ones that are part of it and/or can go mobile. They also seem to have faceless ones that are part of it and/or can go mobile. So I am not sure how big an old god is if you count all its part. Although the titans did build "prisons" so either it regrew anything it lost since being put in prison or there is some central part of an old god that if disabled makes the rest of whatever other parts it has not function. If anyone has seen Phantoms or read the book may see some similar traits between the monsters. Sort of a mix between H.P. Lovecraft in terms of what it looks like but has traits from something in Phantoms.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:10 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

I know we're talking about Warcraft lore and whatnot, but the old gods have been based on Lovecraft. So can't we just agree with what the man wrote?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

These beings are so powerful that the limitations we all face (death, no physical form) don't really hinder them.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Complex View Post
I know we're talking about Warcraft lore and whatnot, but the old gods have been based on Lovecraft. So can't we just agree with what the man wrote?
Just because it was based off Lovecraft's writing doesn't make the Old Gods 100% copies in Warcraft universe. ;(
Old 12-05-2009, 05:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Just because it was based off Lovecraft's writing doesn't make the Old Gods 100% copies in Warcraft universe. ;(
Right. It might one part Lovecraft another part something else. Or even one part Lovecraft and two parts something else.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Yes. Yes he is.

I don't think that's him.

What I think is that he's able to "boil" up his blood and make "flesh" appear at those places. Like if you take a glass of his blood, spill it in the floor, and see how it starts boiling while flesh and tentacles produce from it.

Also, we don't know if Vordrassil for to touch Yog, actually. Perhaps it just got too near.

PS: Welcome, Verdande and Jigsaw .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 12-12-2009, 12:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
I don't think that's him.

What I think is that he's able to "boil" up his blood and make "flesh" appear at those places. Like if you take a glass of his blood, spill it in the floor, and see how it starts boiling while flesh and tentacles produce from it.

Also, we don't know if Vordrassil for to touch Yog, actually. Perhaps it just got too near.

PS: Welcome, Verdande and Jigsaw .
I think he uses his flesh to make "flesh". Or else he turns things into those creatures. His blood is things like this.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Warden

What I'm thinking is that when he was first "killed" by the titans, his body remains were scattered and trapped in Northrend (somehow). The head, or his biggest part, was left in Ulduar to be under watch, as it controlled the rest of the body, even w/o being connected.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:51 AM

Arch-Druid

the earliest mention i recall (in full detail) was when they were in the War of the Ancients Trilogy. It fleshed them out as more then just ancient demons defeated by the titans, and as full out eldritch abominations capable of corrupting even the noblest souls. It also established their plans to break free. One of the good things Knaak came up with (in spite of his other flaws.)

PS: I think that yogg might be dead, because when your in his head, you assault his soul directly. The titanic energy the heroes recieved might have enabled them to attack yoggs soul. If that died, then they could kill him without harming the planet.