Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 09-28-2017, 01:25 PM

Wisp
Location: Somewhere in Ireland. Where exactly is none of your business.

I would love to a little bit here and there to help. As long as I could access the files on a phone or ipad, I could get a decent bit of it done for you.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:13 AM

Eternal

For anyone still occasionally checking this thread (despite the long term lack of updates), I am taking a more substantial break from the Warcraft communities and fandoms at large. As such, there won't be any updates here on this place in the foreseeable future. Sorry for any inconveniences and fare thee well.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:54 PM

Ranger

If it's not too much trouble, you could post whaever leftover notes or rough drafts you have left and let tide readers over.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:17 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacofonix View Post
If it's not too much trouble, you could post whaever leftover notes or rough drafts you have left and let tide readers over.
I have not stopped working on this in itself, so I can't really release anything at this point. Merely stopped visiting (bar some quick lurking here and there) places like these, and therefore had to end my commitment to updating this thread. I will perhaps set up some blog or something at some point, but certainly no more previews, these proved rather counterproductive in the past. Frankly, I am not yet sure I'll even go public once finished, I may keep the work private for me and some of my friends, which is how it started anyway.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:12 PM

Ranger

Suit yourself.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:12 AM

Eternal

I feel I should throw an update here. I have restarted my work on this, and as part of that process, I've been convinced to set up a discord for those who want to engage with me. Why discord? Simply put, it is far more convenient and easier for me to use from a technical standpoint. To any off-put by this, the number of members is small, and I want to keep it that way, so the conversation does not flow very fast and resembles a traditional forum quite a lot. Other than my fanwork, we also discuss the development of Warcraft, retrolore (mostly Warcraft II and III), and Warcraft related modding.

Any interested, don't be shy and send me a PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:18 PM

Eternal

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...Fz2sQ/viewform

A quick survey I've thrown out on this work's discord, figured out I could post it here as well for the sake of it.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:19 PM

The Sun King

Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...Fz2sQ/viewform

A quick survey I've thrown out on this work's discord, figured out I could post it here as well for the sake of it.
Feels bad there is no "No, I hate discords!" option

DEFINITELY better to divorce orcs from Titans (WTF was that!?) I do like how Warcraft's humans are secretly magical robots given flesh, though, that's pretty unique. I am tired of settings wheren humans are "just the same as in our world, except stuck in time".

Was the Horde trying to eradicate the human race in WC2? Their relationship with Alterac suggested otherwise, but maybe I'm missing something in the manual. It's just that Warcraft turned most conquest into eradications instead of occupations, even when it's not UD/Demons doing the conquering.

Terenas's approach is something I figured out for myself (though I thought it was more about Kirin Tor experimentation, rather than Holy Light, but that works even better with Lordaeron flavor lore).
Old 06-22-2020, 01:52 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Feels bad there is no "No, I hate discords!" option

DEFINITELY better to divorce orcs from Titans (WTF was that!?) I do like how Warcraft's humans are secretly magical robots given flesh, though, that's pretty unique. I am tired of settings wheren humans are "just the same as in our world, except stuck in time".

Was the Horde trying to eradicate the human race in WC2? Their relationship with Alterac suggested otherwise, but maybe I'm missing something in the manual. It's just that Warcraft turned most conquest into eradications instead of occupations, even when it's not UD/Demons doing the conquering.

Terenas's approach is something I figured out for myself (though I thought it was more about Kirin Tor experimentation, rather than Holy Light, but that works even better with Lordaeron flavor lore).
A discord is easier to set up and manage than a forum these days, and my discord is so slow it's not really different from a forum when it comes to the pace and nature of posting.

As for the Horde trying to eredicate the human race in WC2, that's open to debate, I and others believe not, some people believe yes (often those who consider Warcraft II to be a typical generic good vs. evil story). I really worded it that way to avoid that argument plus I was really talking about canon as a whole.

As for the humans, I wanted to give them a different origin (see the quote below), as it stands in canon, they overlap way too much with the dwarves, and I wanted to keep the flesh cursed titanic constructs angle unique to the earthen and their derivates. Plus, I have more of these derivates anyway, not just the dwarves of Khaz Modan.

Quote:
The men's origins can be traced down to the Ordering of the World, the war against the Old Gods and their empire. Legends say that Azotha, a shaper (my name for the titans) considered the greatest herald of the Light wrestled with a certain god of the Endless Void. The predecessors of the men, ruled by the Shadow at that time, served him. In a final act of desperation, Azotha called for a miracle, and tore the barrier between the physical world and the Heavens (also known as the Higher Planes), her form filled with endless amount of Light. Though this act had depleted her utterly, the god was vanquished, and at the site of the miracle remained his servants, the first men, filled with the essence of Azotha and through her the Light, changed by it.

They might have been created by an Old God.
But nobody knows what they were before Azotha.
Some theorize that perhaps, they were faceless men, created of their god's own essence.
But Azotha's essence and the Light gave them features and shape.
And thus, the men are creatures of both shadow and light.
The Shadow is faceless, the Light gives shapes.
That's why gods from the Endless Void manifest as large mountains of flesh and shadow energies without any defined shape or logic.
And why the shapers are, well, shapers.

Tags
cartography, creative