Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
This Teen Azeroth project sounds awful.
Honestly I don't care how it happens, I just want Valeera to come back. She was my favorite character in the comic.

If it's through Warcraft Teen Titans, then so be it.

Quote edited in because I am dumb and didn't realize the thread went on further than that post. I need to lrn2refresh

Last edited by Reignac; 07-19-2012 at 04:08 AM..
Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

As a note, if anything, this wouldn't be Teen Titans so much as a D&D-style adventuring party that just happens to include people roughly in the same generation. With the occasional mentor figure, of course.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
The problem with a teen titan shit thing is that it doesn't fit anything that has been done so far. Warcraft has always been a more adult/older kid medium, and having a group of main characters who just happen to be teenagers (Or like 2 years old, in Wrathion's case) seems like someone is trying to relive their childhood dream in their populer story franchise to make money.

To make it "well written".... well.... can something that dumb be well written? In terms of wow children books, I'd 10000000% rather have little stories of Garry the Goblin who tries to grow a tree made of gold or something, instead of taking the money grab road of Star wars and making the childrens books essential to the story, and God help us if we see it spill into the game.
I must agree that I'm somewhat skeptical about the idea. I'm just unsure as to how it would be possible to get a group of "Young Adults", who are already somewhat established, from diverse backgrounds together to form an adventuring group without it seeming somewhat contrived, in either the "looking for young adults", or "the older heroes don't think we're good enough!" sort of way. A bunch of lesser known mercenaries who come together, for adventure, maybe. Or a group who'd grown up together. But to search out individuals from various factions, surely either the characters would need to be pretty low key, or they'd probably end up in a more "official" pre-established group.

I could be wrong, but I'm just concerned about how this is going to make sense in the setting.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 07-19-2012, 04:36 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Could be a publicity stunt. I'm sure I'll think of something eventually.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Instead of creating azeroth's teen titans you should create it's justice league. Special scenarios, in which our characters wear capes, costumes and/or masks, would have to be added.

"Fed up with their faction's love hate relationship with the horde/alliance (insert name of opposing faction) a group of heroes has banded together to deal with expansion bosses in a timely fashion. In order to escape the powers of bureaucracy these vigilantes forgo the usual process by which the factions join together, at the end of each expansion, and just kick ass."

OK fine that's stupid....but if we have pokémon, why can't we have super heroes?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
So I want some characters between the ages of 13 and 25 and their classes, if applicable. So far I have the following characters and would like a few more suggestions.

Undead:
Lillian Voss, mage? warlock? shadow priest?
Also, just a thought. Considering that it's suggested that Voss dies in Scholomance (albeit, in the "We never see her die/find the body" sort of way), is this just a suggestion about somebody of around the right age to be in a "Young adult" group, or a suggestion that she actually survives?

Old 07-19-2012, 04:50 AM

The Sun King

Lothar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
And of course, we should remember that duchies have historically been able to wage wars just as ably as kingdoms have.

Burgundy rules.
The sons of Burgundy will rise again! Neither French, nor the Germans will be able to stop us!

Remember Charles the Bold!

FOR BURGUNDY!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Instead of creating azeroth's teen titans you should create it's justice league. Special scenarios, in which our characters wear capes, costumes and/or masks, would have to be added.

"Fed up with their faction's love hate relationship with the horde/alliance (insert name of opposing faction) a group of heroes has banded together to deal with expansion bosses in a timely fashion. In order to escape the powers of bureaucracy these vigilantes forgo the usual process by which the factions join together, at the end of each expansion, and just kick ass."

OK fine that's stupid....but if we have pokémon, why can't we have super heroes?
I'll be honest I've always imagined a Maiev Shadowsong/Turalyon teamup as "Azeroth's Finest".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Also, just a thought. Considering that it's suggested that Voss dies in Scholomance (albeit, in the "We never see her die/find the body" sort of way), is this just a suggestion about somebody of around the right age to be in a "Young adult" group, or a suggestion that she actually survives?
I was under the impression that she only dies if you fuck up in the encounter?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I was under the impression that she only dies if you fuck up in the encounter?
I'm pretty sure that's how you finish the encounter correctly (haven't done it on beta, but that's what wowpedia suggests).

And the "vigilantes outside the factions" does sound like a better idea, still hold factional/racial pride (source of conflict?), but at the end of the day, they'd rather just get killing. That, and you can have the younger cast as part of them, but not in a forced separation from the older cast.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:33 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Is it bad that I really liked the story with those twins?
I loved that one pretty much because they gave the High Elves some Thalassian architecture and culture rather than being just Night Elves with sassy models, like in-game.

Oh and I'd love if this thing wasn't that much about Teen Titans, but more like the goddamn Power Rangers.

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Lets say we have it locked down to Anduin, Wrathion and Thura, I want a "short race" (dwarf, goblin, gnome) and an elf.
How about Gidwin and Tarenar, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qirak-Montecarlo View Post
Knowing that, if you include them as part of the group or even as merely secondary characters, some of the audience would start pairing them with Anduin and Wrathion
I’d much sooner pair Anduin and Wrathion with each other.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

You know you want to actually give the Wildhammer Fact Checker a name... That fits your "short race" that you want.

EDIT: Everyone forgets about the draenei...
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.

Last edited by mjbmitch; 07-19-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Old 07-19-2012, 02:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
You know you want to actually give the Wildhammer Fact Checker a name... That fits your "short race" that you want.
I guess it could be him and Valeera too. Then there would be more than one female character.

Did someone at Blizzard specifically ask for a five-man band, though? If you want to write about Anduin and Wrathion having adventures in Pandaria, you could just do that without trying to put a whole team together.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:44 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
I must agree that I'm somewhat skeptical about the idea. I'm just unsure as to how it would be possible to get a group of "Young Adults", who are already somewhat established, from diverse backgrounds together to form an adventuring group without it seeming somewhat contrived, in either the "looking for young adults", or "the older heroes don't think we're good enough!" sort of way. A bunch of lesser known mercenaries who come together, for adventure, maybe. Or a group who'd grown up together. But to search out individuals from various factions, surely either the characters would need to be pretty low key, or they'd probably end up in a more "official" pre-established group.

I could be wrong, but I'm just concerned about how this is going to make sense in the setting.
As I said earlier: teen Llane Wrynn, Anduin Lothar, Medivh Aran, Mara Fordragon, and UNDECIDED OTHER.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
I guess it could be him and Valeera too. Then there would be more than one female character.

Did someone at Blizzard specifically ask for a five-man band, though? If you want to write about Anduin and Wrathion having adventures in Pandaria, you could just do that without trying to put a whole team together.
No one's asked me to do anything. This is my own little project that I might present and work on my own time. The genesis of the concept, its nucleus, was just Anduin and Wrathion, but then I considered adding a third female character and it kinda spiraled out of there.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
As I said earlier: teen Llane Wrynn, Anduin Lothar, Medivh Aran, Mara Fordragon, and UNDECIDED OTHER.
Moira Bronzebeard.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Echo of the Past

Who needs teenage heroes? Let's see Captain Stormwind, Iron Goblin, the incredible hulking Worgen, the Black Widow, Dragonhawkeye, and Kalecgos.

But this time, there had better be a cameo from Ant-Gnome!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Moira Bronzebeard.
Interesting. That could at least provide the time when the idea of bringing the dark iron dwarves into the fold of Ironforge is actually first put into her head.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Who needs teenage heroes? Let's see Captain Stormwind, Iron Goblin, the incredible hulking Worgen, the Black Widow, Dragonhawkeye, and Kalecgos.

But this time, there had better be a cameo from Ant-Gnome!
>Kalecgos
>Not Thorim

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:27 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

I'm mad that Blizzard killed off the Earthen Ring shaman!

Anyway, how about Iridi and the Wildhammer Fact Checker?

EDIT: NOOOOOO, I FORGOT IRIDI DIED! NOOOOOO!

EDIT: Krelna or Yevvaa? Krelna seems more appropriate for the group as she is younger but Yevvaa could have a more motherly outlook as she is apprenticing what's-his-face.
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.

Last edited by mjbmitch; 07-19-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM

So, good news. In the next couple of days (if not hours) I should know when ask CDev goes up.

Note that means I will know when it goes up, not "it is going up in the next couple of days" nor "I can tell you when it's going to go up". But at least things are progressing and I'm trying my hardest to get it out.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 PM

The Digger

Quote:
So, good news. In the next couple of days (if not hours) I should know when ask CDev goes up.

Note that means I will know when it goes up, not "it is going up in the next couple of days" nor "I can tell you when it's going to go up". But at least things are progressing and I'm trying my hardest to get it out.
Am I the only one imagining Omacron standing behind Bashiok with a glare on his face and hefting a crowbar threateningly?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Am I the only one imagining Omacron standing behind Bashiok with a glare on his face and hefting a crowbar threateningly?
Actually it's Nethaera I've been dealing with.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Quaero#1875

Quote:

Will you be able to tell us non-specific hints like "It's closer/further that you guys expected"?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaero View Post
Will you be able to tell us non-specific hints like "It's closer/further that you guys expected"?
Possibly.

Was that non-specific enough for you?

Tags
garithos