Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1676  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
My eyes have been peeled for Ask CDev for some time now. I'm not sure if they can be any more peeled.
Of course they can.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #1677  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Did you use that on your own eyes?
Reply With Quote
  #1678  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Default

Show me the evidence. Show me the C-Dev answers. Otherwise I'm not getting excited.
Reply With Quote
  #1679  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Yeah, just why does it take a month for the community team to publish the answers?
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #1680  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Did you use that on your own eyes?
You wish. Unlike you, I don't keep my eyes peeled. I keep my eyes out for scoops.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #1681  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Yeah, just why does it take a month for the community team to publish the answers?
Well, it's a combination of them needing translation and the community team having their hands full with DIII's recent launch and MoP's impending launch.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1682  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Yeah, just why does it take a month for the community team to publish the answers?
They needed to let the forums prepare for Fojarmagedon.
Reply With Quote
  #1683  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Well, it's a combination of them needing translation and the community team having their hands full with DIII's recent launch and MoP's impending launch.
Hmm, not sure it takes that long, but I suppose combining all of that, and that I suppose there are going to be quite a few flame threads, yeah, Fair enough
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #1684  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
They needed to let the forums prepare for Fojarmagedon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1685  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Someone needs to make a gif using my new word, Fojarmagedon, to use for the CDev.
Reply With Quote
  #1686  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,716

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Well, it's a combination of them needing translation and the community team having their hands full with DIII's recent launch and MoP's impending launch.
Blizzard is one of the richest gaming companies in the world, yet other gaming companies have done better things, faster. What is going on over there?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #1687  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
Blizzard is one of the richest gaming companies in the world, yet other gaming companies have done better things, faster. What is going on over there?
Reply With Quote
  #1688  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,716

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Actually....
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #1689  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Asian woman sure all look the same. That must be why pandaren females have only 1 face.
Reply With Quote
  #1690  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,716

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Asian woman sure all look the same. That must be why pandaren females have only 1 face.


He has a Deathwing shirt on.... what an idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #1691  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post


He has a Deathwing shirt on.... what an idiot.
Don't you raise an eyebrow at me young lady.
Reply With Quote
  #1692  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:39 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Asian woman sure all look the same. That must be why pandaren females have only 1 face.
I see truths where I didn't before
Reply With Quote
  #1693  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,796

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Asian woman sure all look the same. That must be why pandaren females have only 1 face.
Female pandaren have one face because their second face option would be them with an asian woman's face on their heads which would be creepy as fuck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1694  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Someone needs to make a gif using my new word, Fojarmagedon, to use for the CDev.
If Fojar gets a tribute, and this is just how I would do it, not that I recommend or support it, there should be some NPC named Fojar Swiftwind repeatedly launching himself on a ballista at the Ruins of Lordaeron while yelling "Lordaeron" in various intonations.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #1695  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,716

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
If Fojar gets a tribute, and this is just how I would do it, not that I recommend or support it, there should be some NPC named Fojar Swiftwind repeatedly launching himself on a ballista at the Ruins of Lordaeron while yelling "Lordaeron" in various intonations.
Make him a forsaken who has flavour text about how Lordaeron belongs to Sylvanas.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #1696  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
Make him a forsaken who has flavour text about how Lordaeron belongs to Sylvanas.
Ouch.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #1697  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

He should be a forsaken saying to himself "I'm alive, I'm alive..." and stuff related to being delusional. Think of Lilian Voss but twice as wordy and without all the badass. Add an Belf warlock arguing with him, a whatever is Genesis arguing with him too and a Forsaken priest else alternatively feeling pity/mocking him/praising Sylvanas.
Reply With Quote
  #1698  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
He should be a forsaken saying to himself "I'm alive, I'm alive..." and stuff related to being delusional. Think of Lilian Voss but twice as wordy and without all the badass. Add an Belf warlock arguing with him, a whatever is Genesis arguing with him too and a Forsaken priest else alternatively feeling pity/mocking him/praising Sylvanas.
I imagine most of this forum tries to escape that in WoW and doesn't want to relive it again and again.
__________________
“Popularity, I have always thought, may aptly be compared to a coquette - the more you woo her, the more apt is she to elude your embrace.” - John Tyler
Reply With Quote
  #1699  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
Make him a forsaken who has flavour text about how Lordaeron belongs to Sylvanas.
I would go with some variation of this. Maybe adding something where he claims that he's not undead, but that it's only a rash.
Reply With Quote
  #1700  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Bryn Bryn is offline

Arch-Druid
Bryn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
He should be a forsaken saying to himself "I'm alive, I'm alive..." and stuff related to being delusional. Think of Lilian Voss but twice as wordy and without all the badass. Add an Belf warlock arguing with him, a whatever is Genesis arguing with him too and a Forsaken priest else alternatively feeling pity/mocking him/praising Sylvanas.
People need to stop writing these forum member character scenarios. I keep thinking they'd actually make good fanfics if taken seriously...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
garithos

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.