Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
But all you -say- is how much you hate Garrosh and the like, when was the last time you proposed something be done with her, instead of just bitch at blizz about how they're not doing anything?
i'm not a solutions person. i don't really propose solutions to our horde problems, either. but i have, on more than one occasion, expressed a desire for moira's cunning and deviousness to be turned into a weapon for the alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
YOu Alliance fanboys are funny, you do know who will be the new Warchief if Garrosh dies right? Thrall will be back and more powerful than ever, so all you did is replace an incompetant unpowerful guy with an accomplished leader who just saved the world from collapsing in on itself.
>thrall
>competent
>laughharder.avi
Old 10-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
Let me get this straight, you want Garrosh, Thrall and Sylvanas to die? nice going there man, you'll get far on this forum. The Horde should just be left with the least interesting leaders?
I ....never said that.

Thrall should just be put into the Earthen Ring and work on healing like Outland or something. Just keep him away from the war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:35 PM

World Builder

Runes

Poor Garrosh.

Why'd they have to drag the name of Hellscream, and the Warsong clan, through the mud in order to make their "War is bad" point? And regress the Horde...

*sigh*

Ah well, C'est La Vie.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-23-2011, 08:36 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
YES! What is the difference of the communities if the members and attitudes become the same??!!
The bold points to the idea that there is or was a difference in members and attitudes. But not all of us want SoL to be the Story Forums, or what would be the point of using SoL over the Story Forums?

Quote:
The thing that bothers me about MOST (not all Erthad, Grim) Alliance posters is that they rarely, if ever, think of any way to make their faction more interesting that doesn't directly revolve around taking more land back, or beating the Horde, or killing Garrosh/Sylvanas.

Way to complain about Horde focus and then... just focus on the Horde?

Never anything about Moira.

Never anything about Mathias... never anything about older history except as it relates to their RIGHT to a place.

Never any new developments unless it's to counter a horde "superweapon" which is more often than not a gimp in disguise.
Agreed. Although I did not agree with a number of Vexander's proposals, she was one of the Alliance-leaning posters who did propose for ways for the Alliance (namely Stormwind) to regain a unique identity.

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I ....never said that.

Thrall should just be put into the Earthen Ring and work on healing like Outland or something. Just keep him away from the war.
Thrall can sacrifice himself defeating Deathwing. Rhonin and Tirion too, please. Aggra can discover a month later she's pregnant with Thrall's only child.

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Poor Garrosh.

Why'd they have to drag the name of Hellscream, and the Warsong clan, through the mud in order to make their "War is bad" point? And regress the Horde...

*sigh*

Ah well, C'est La Vie.
Ok i am going to stop all of this crap... Garrosh will not die as he as had waay to much treatment up till now.

Run
Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Before Wrath or After? They were doing it before, and they're doing it again after.
After.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Ok i am going to stop all of this crap... Garrosh will not die as he as had waay to much treatment up till now.
I can only hope so. Garrosh dying would suck, man. He's a total bro.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:38 PM

World Builder

Runes

ISGoD, can I mention the way you worded things to me in that one private message to Ku'ja?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Eternal

Garrosh dying this early would feel like a cop-out. "Welp, we tanked hardcore with making him consistent so let's just kill him off!"
Old 10-23-2011, 08:39 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
The bold points to the idea that there is or was a difference in members and attitudes. But not all of us want SoL to be the Story Forums, or what would be the point of using SoL over the Story Forums?

Agreed. Although I did not agree with a number of Vexander's proposals, she was one of the Alliance-leaning posters who did propose for ways for the Alliance (namely Stormwind) to regain a unique identity.
People assume I am a she for the avatar I used.
People will assume I am a he for pointing the above out.

In anycase, ideas are ideas. I also proposed (I think...) that Varian should find a group of Stormwind Refugees from the end of the First War who'd been stranded on a tropical island in the south seas and had built a strong colony, remaining loyal to the crown, just so he could have some guy friends (and maybe a gal one to end the Varian+Jaina noise).

Guru of Gilneas

When the Alliance is "losing" the war, the complaint of their fans is legitimate. But if the Alliance wins the war, does that mean that Horde fanboys have a legitimate reason to complain, gripe, and whine? I just want to clear that up at the outset to minimize as much hypocrisy on both sides of the fence as possible.

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
ISGoD, can I mention the way you worded things to me in that one private message to Ku'ja?
what? There was no private message....

Run

Eternal

I've become jaded enough that I don't expect much from this "good Alliance news".
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
In saying that, you agree with me.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Quote:
(and maybe a gal one to end the Varian+Jaina noise).
I'm telling you, they're going to get hitched. So many signs point to it.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
People assume I am a she for the avatar I used.
People will assume I am a he for pointing the above out.
Within the limitations of English grammar, you are either a 'he,' a 'she,' or an 'it.' If you do not identify with any of these, then would you like me to vary my use of pronouns to maintain the ambiguity of your gender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
In saying that, you agree with me.
Please elaborate. While community identity is fluid, based on membership and time, there are still things about SoL that generally define SoL over that of the Story Forum, namely Lore > Your Faction Fanaticism. SoL should be a place where people strive to discuss the lore and the game with minimal faction bias, pride, fanaticism, and fanwankery. If people want to do that, then they should use the official Story Forums. If SoL has the same attitudes and members as the Story Forums, then what is the point of maintaining SoL as a separate community?

Last edited by Genesis; 10-23-2011 at 08:45 PM..

Elune

Quote:
Within the limitations of English grammar, you are either a 'he,' a 'she,' or an 'it.' If you do not identify with any of these, then would you like me to vary my use of pronouns to maintain the ambiguity of your gender?
Jesus Christ, rofl.

Eternal

Quote:
When the Alliance is "losing" the war, the complaint of their fans is legitimate. But if the Alliance wins the war, does that mean that Horde fanboys have a legitimate reason to complain, gripe, and whine? I just want to clear that up at the outset to minimize as much hypocrisy on both sides of the fence as possible.
Depends on how you look at things. Technically, the Alliance had more soldiers, more resources, better technology, etc... Their military leaders had formal training on strategy, their soldiers are better trained, equipped, etc...

By most -normal- standards of logic, the Horde shouldn't hold much of a candle compared to the Alliance, the natural strengths of the Horde's member-races barely keeping them from complete loss.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
In anycase, ideas are ideas. I also proposed (I think...) that Varian should find a group of Stormwind Refugees from the end of the First War who'd been stranded on a tropical island in the south seas and had built a strong colony, remaining loyal to the crown, just so he could have some guy friends (and maybe a gal one to end the Varian+Jaina noise).
he has two friends, but they never see any use. and no, please, can we please not give varian a love interest? please. just. i can't see it being done well. and i'd rather not have a repeat of aggra. and he has too much in his character already, it would clutter his storyline.

Quote:
i know we can't really win, in an mmo. and i know enjoying an alliance win is nothing but bias. it's not going to happen. let me dream :c

Quote:
fun fact: gender-neutral singular "they" is actually grammatically correct and has been in use for centuries.

Last edited by Nimbosa; 10-23-2011 at 08:45 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Jesus Christ, rofl.
Nah, use whatever you like. Elenie was a female name for my ST forum avatar. Vexander is more male.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
I'm telling you, they're going to get hitched. So many signs point to it.
What are the signs?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Nah, use whatever you like. Elenie was a female name for my ST forum avatar. Vexander is more male.

Ha. I remember you.
Quote:

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancai View Post
What are the signs?
I was joking, I don't really believe that it will happen.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.

Banished

Quote:
I like you.