Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 09:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I'm threadshitting after I make a joke and you pressed me on it? Good to know.

You really don't like being called out on your bullshit, do you?
You certainly didn't phrase it as a joke.

And you didn't call anyone out. You presented bullshit yourself because you're a Horde fanboy who's trying justify culling a city of thousands of people.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Gadinhad is annoying me more then Soldrethar.
You were annoying everyone with your whining right when the Theramore stuff popped up. I'm simply debating, get over it.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:46 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
I'm basing it on logic and the only numbers we have for Theramore.
We have no numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:

You really think you can actually siege a city like Theramore, with less than half of what they have? No, it doesn't work that way.

I'm just using common sense. The fact is, to destroy Theramore, Garrosh will undoubtedly commit a lot of troops and a lot of time/supply/cash/whatever into it. And that means he'll be weakened on other fronts, which is clearly not being taken advantage of by the Alliance because Metzen likes us weak and sissy.

And I counter your Theramore argument with, Thunder Bluff, Orgrimmar are delicate situations. Because Theramore, and the Night Elf Empire is right there! But wait, what empire? Exactly, the night elves were neutered and all logic dictates the orcs in ashenvale at least, should have crumbled.

What you aren't understanding is that Garrosh commiting so many troops to Theramore is a huge risk that is not even being focused on. There is no risk for the Horde because it is Metzen's lovechild. Logic dictates he should have least at least lost a front or two.

What did he lose? Probably a chance to go on a date with Varian if he were gay.
Please stop with this Metzen shit.....

He has helped give us this damn Warcraft Universe and you should show some damn respect in all honestly because he is trying to give the Alliance what they want but the problem is if he makes the Alliance even the slightest bit evil every Alliance fan rages.

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:
You were annoying everyone with your whining right when the Theramore stuff popped up. I'm simply debating, get over it.
But I'm not not whining anymore, you are.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Banished

Great, you can hide behind the supposed non-canon RPG.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's a city supporting thousand of people, heavily fortified and boasting a healthy military force and naval power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
But I'm not not whining anymore, you are.
Not quite, I'm debating. Get it yet?

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
Question for you. What do you think Varian's reaction is going to be to all this? Besides the obvious rage.

More interestingly, what do you think Anduin's reaction to Theramore being destroyed going to be?
Varian could possibly be one of the big contributing factors in using this to turn Jaina against the horde and get Kul'Tiras on his side. That is a good question, though. I mean obviously he is going to be mad, but he's already really really unhappy with the Horde so it will be interesting to see how he reacts to this. It could possibly be what leads into the trials of the high king bit, he's out to say "Hey look, shit is getting really bad and we need everyone to be on board and united in this war. War is happening, we can't stop it. How can I prove that I can lead us in these trying times", and with Jaina on his side that could make his argument have a considerable stronger impact because of her stance on things in the past.

I don't predict Anduin will be super involved in this part of the story. They say he's "Off to Draenei boarding school", so he's out of the picture for now.

Elune

Quote:
I never knew debating meant mindless insults i thought it meant actually discussing a damn subject.

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
I never knew debating meant mindless insults i thought it meant actually discussing a damn subject.
I'm pretty sure I have not insulted a single person in this thread.

Sensitive much?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:50 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
More interestingly, what do you think Anduin's reaction to Theramore being destroyed going to be?

Considering he's pretty close allies with Baine, and shares very similar views you'll probably be beating your head against your desk at what his reaction will likely be.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Loremaster

Quote:

You really think you can actually siege a city like Theramore, with less than half of what they have? No, it doesn't work that way.

I'm just using common sense. The fact is, to destroy Theramore, Garrosh will undoubtedly commit a lot of troops and a lot of time/supply/cash/whatever into it. And that means he'll be weakened on other fronts, which is clearly not being taken advantage of by the Alliance because Metzen likes us weak and sissy.

And I counter your Theramore argument with, Thunder Bluff, Orgrimmar are delicate situations. Because Theramore, and the Night Elf Empire is right there! But wait, what empire? Exactly, the night elves were neutered and all logic dictates the orcs in ashenvale at least, should have crumbled.

What you aren't understanding is that Garrosh commiting so many troops to Theramore is a huge risk that is not even being focused on. There is no risk for the Horde because it is Metzen's lovechild. Logic dictates he should have least at least lost a front or two.

What did he lose? Probably a chance to go on a date with Varian if he were gay.
None of this is logic or common sense. That is bitching and moaning and calling it logic and common sense.

I could call the basis of my point bacon and cantaloupe; that doesn't make my argument part of a balanced breakfast. Lacing an emotionally charged and biased rant with the words "logic" and "common sense" in no way makes it less of an emotionally charged and biased rant.

Are you actually interested in discussion here, or just seizing a chance to declare "I'm backed by logic and common sense because screw Metzen's Horde bias."?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

So, this thread has gone places. Anyone want to share this popcorn with me?

Anyone? It has butter.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
None of this is logic or common sense. That is bitching and moaning and calling it logic and common sense.

I could call the basis of my point bacon and cantaloupe; that doesn't make my argument part of a balanced breakfast. Lacing an emotionally charged and biased rant with the words "logic" and "common sense" in no way makes it less of an emotionally charged and biased rant.

Are you actually interested in discussion here, or just seizing a chance to declare "I'm backed by logic and common sense because screw Metzen's Horde bias."?
So basically, you have nothing to counter with except for your usual drivel?

Concession accepted.

Elune

Quote:

Sensitive much?
It's your rude ways of presenting your opinion. It can't beget constructive conversation because it seems like you don't want to have a constructive conversation. The impression I get is that all you want is to say your take on everything is the best and everyone else's is wrong.

If you want to discuss something, discuss something. Be reasonable, understand that it's all a matter of opinion, construct your arguments carefully so they aren't rooted in knee jerk emotional reactions to what you are responding to, and try to avoid personal attacks.

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-24-2011 at 09:56 PM..

Elune

Quote:

Sensitive much?
Your arguments seem to always involve blaming Metzens obsession with the Horde even though he stated he dislikes Garrosh...

Your playing the blame game and gunning down other peoples opinions which is not a discussion. A discussion usually involves talking without being an idiot and acknowledging other arguments.

If you want to be taken seriously here doing this is not going to go down well.

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:
Not quite, I'm debating. Get it yet?
Quote:
Ugh, no...

There will be no standstill, why do you insist on that?

We just had Theramore DEMOLISHED.

It's not freaking alliance bias to have a comeback that doesn't end in an even standstill.

This is EXACTLY what I mean. Horde do not allow Alliance anything.

When our shit gets wrecked? Tough luck, wait and see.

When we want something done? Lol no equality!
Quote:
My main gripe is, The Alliance feels like it's too much in a retreat. We are losing a whole lot of things this expansion, the Horde is losing little and gaining much, it's not like they were a kobold village pre-cata. They were still a mighty superpower.

Yes, we may now see a renewed vigor in the Alliance but at what cost? And is it even assured we'll actually kick major ass? Because I haven't been assured yet.
Quote:
So I guess this is all setting the mood for us to be a badass faction right? Theramore gone, it's time for the kiddy gloves to come off.

So we'll retake Lordaeron now in all of our pissed off glory?
Nah, Forsaken are in the Horde this is their land now get over it Alliance fanboy.

So we'll retake Arathi?
Nah sorry, this is important land and now our Prince Galen is coming to reclaim it.
So we'll retake Ashenvale?
Nah, can't, we need wood yo.

We'll kill Garrosh? Sylvanas beheaded? Actual permanent Horde named casualties?
Nah. Horde losing is not allowed unless it is a faceless general.
Quote:
Yeah, because sacking a horde town can't play into a larger story to tell?

It has to be an Alliance town.

Sorry, but the fact that entire kingdoms need to be crumbled down to ruin to 'set the mood' is biased as fuck.

Don't even try it with me.
Quote:
I like how the Blizzard representatives on the official forums can't even deny this blatant favoritism. All they can really do is have their head up their ass with "haha" and "I completely disagree -> biased viewpoint blah blah I play 85s"
Yep no whining at all.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Banished

Quote:
It's your rude ways of presenting your opinion. It can't beget constructive conversation because it seems like you don't want to have a constructive conversation. The impression I get is that all you want is to say your take on everything is the best and everyone else's is wrong.
*sigh*

Sorry guys. I apologize. The Horde is the best. Alliance should suck it up, pack it in and move on.

This was obviously warranted blah blah let's talk about the Sha or Chin Woo Lee Won Sung Quan do Po dojo at Pandaria.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
You certainly didn't phrase it as a joke.

And you didn't call anyone out. You presented bullshit yourself because you're a Horde fanboy who's trying justify culling a city of thousands of people.
Putting aside the fact you assume the entire population is being killed when we have literally no information about how it'll happen...

You might be confused by that little face with the raised eyebrow there, so let me explain.

These forums have a fantastic set of tools. There are these little icons which you can insert into your posts to denote various emotions, and they're called emoticons.

or , for example, imply anger, whilst icons like and denote something makes you happy.

The icon I used, , implies joking or sarcasm.

I hope this can help you avoid making an ass out of yourself in the future. (happiness)
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
I hope this can help you avoid making an ass out of yourself in the future.
I hear that smilies can never be used condescendingly, especially by someone as smug as yourself.

Stop trying to pretend you "weren't serious."
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
*sigh*

Sorry guys. I apologize. The Horde is the best. Alliance should suck it up, pack it in and move on.

This was obviously warranted blah blah let's talk about the Sha or Chin Woo Lee Won Sung Quan do Po dojo at Pandaria.
Your doing it again considering i am a huge Alliance fan and only began really liking the Horde a lot when we began to see the cracks between the top ranks.

The problem is your blind to the fact that not everything is Alliance vs Horde which includes being an arse.

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
*sigh*

Really? Was that necessary?

I can understand the frustration as an Alliance player, but taking it out on fellow lore posters isn't going to help anything.

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Your arguments seem to always involve blaming Metzens obsession with the Horde even though he stated he dislikes Garrosh...

Your playing the blame game and gunning down other peoples opinions which is not a discussion. A discussion usually involves talking without being an idiot and acknowledging other arguments.

If you want to be taken seriously here doing this is not going to go down well.
Oh, I get it.

He now dislikes Garrosh so it's finally time to put him down and re-instate Thrall as the mighty Warchief again.

And all that took was for a shitload of Alliance losses to happen.

How can you all expect Alliance posters not to be furious after what came down? What is there to look forward to?

Nothing.

Elune

Quote:
*sigh*

Listen, you're missing my point.

We are people who like you, play this game. Because we are here we are passionate about the story. So please consider that and take the time to treat us as such, and we will show you the same respect. From there reasonable conversations can arise and you'll find that *gasp* maybe you can bring people to your side, or you can be brought to someone else's side without feeling like you "lost" or something silly like that.

If we're all belligerent and nasty towards each other, nothing good will come of it.

I play Alliance, by the way.

Quote:

How can you all expect Alliance posters not to be furious after what came down? What is there to look forward to?

Nothing.

The night is darkest before the dawn, as they say.

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-24-2011 at 10:03 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Oh, I get it.

He now dislikes Garrosh so it's finally time to put him down and re-instate Thrall as the mighty Warchief again.

And all that took was for a shitload of Alliance losses to happen.

Nothing.
Not all Alliance fans are crying in a corner screaming that they are not getting a fair shout... The only ones that are doing that are unfortunately the loudest because i would classify myself as a big Alliance fan and your the reason people put us in the same category.

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
*sigh*

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed