Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
If it makes you feel better, I'll tell Jaina to think about the Alliance and I'll think about her ass for her. Win/win.

Thats another thing, I hope in the midst of all this they tell us just exactly who's orders it was to march troops into the Barrens through Theramore. Some confirmation would be nice.
I am so jelly...

And yes, I duly concur. I'm in heavy support if Jaina becomes a very good character in the process of this and we get Kul Tiras in return. I've still got crazy ideas going around in my head but my prominent thought is in hope that Jaina becomes a strong character from all that has transpired.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Not all Alliance fans are crying in a corner screaming that they are not getting a fair shout... The only ones that are doing that are unfortunately the loudest because i would classify myself as a big Alliance fan and your the reason people put us in the same category.
Okay.

Tell me.

What does the Alliance have to look forward to?

I'd just like you to answer that question for me. I'll ignore the obvious insults you just directed at me.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Not all Alliance fans are crying in a corner screaming that they are not getting a fair shout... The only ones that are doing that are unfortunately the loudest because i would classify myself as a big Alliance fan and your the reason people put us in the same category.
I vehemently agree with this. Good post, Ku'ja.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
Okay.

Tell me.

I'd just like you to answer that question for me. I'll ignore the obvious insults you just directed at me.
We don't know yet which is exactly what the blues said.

Also if you want Varian to be the high king I guess that but I'm not ver happy with that.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I hear that smilies can never be used condescendingly, especially by someone as smug as yourself.

Stop trying to pretend you "weren't serious."
I was kidding. I had no intention of pressing it until you got in my face.

I'm still willing to drop it if you stop acting like it was anything but a joke intended to lighten the mood.

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
We don't know yet which is exactly what the blues said.

Also if you want Varian to be the high king I guess that but I'm not ver happy with that.
Okay, so basically nothing.

And you expect quality and constructive posts?

Surely you see the irony in this.

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Okay.

Tell me.

Kicking some arse.

Varian taking the fight to the Horde with Jaina fully on board who is quite the fighter when she wants to be... oh and Kul Tiras and even the Jinyu. Do not forget that currently the entire Alliance is not on board with a full blown war with the Horde which makes sense since its a Alliance without a single true leader (maybe until MoP when Varian takes charge). Theramore's destruction could mean we could see many Alliance heroes like Danath could be coming back and do not forget that it will cause major friction within the Horde considering Jaina and her respect to most (excluding Garrosh who is funnily enough is the leader).

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 10:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
What?

The Horde betrayed the Alliances trust through its invasions of Ashenvale and Lordaeron under the guise of "peace." Even after those came to head they were willing to negotiate, but Thrall was not because he "didn't want to hurt the Horde's feelings." Garrosh was sinking Alliance ships just because he can, and the Forsaken were being the Forsaken.

But when the Alliance retaliates to a blatant attack on their lands after Wolfheart, they're the bad guys?

There's no winning with the Horde in more ways than one apparently.

If Thrall tried to go "but lol you attacked us" then Jaina should respond by fireballing him in the face.

Incidentally, you're threadshitting. Stop.

LOL, you want to talk about backstabbing, just look at what Theramore, or at least a faction of Theramore, did under the guise of "peace". They attacked and burned down Taurajo and began building a bunch of settlements on Horde land. For no reason at all.

See, I can play this stupid little game, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
I am so jelly...

And yes, I duly concur. I'm in heavy support if Jaina becomes a very good character in the process of this and we get Kul Tiras in return. I've still got crazy ideas going around in my head but my prominent thought is in hope that Jaina becomes a strong character from all that has transpired.

Maybe Jaina becomes the ruler of Kul'Tiras?

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Faine#1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Varian could possibly be one of the big contributing factors in using this to turn Jaina against the horde and get Kul'Tiras on his side. That is a good question, though. I mean obviously he is going to be mad, but he's already really really unhappy with the Horde so it will be interesting to see how he reacts to this. It could possibly be what leads into the trials of the high king bit, he's out to say "Hey look, shit is getting really bad and we need everyone to be on board and united in this war. War is happening, we can't stop it. How can I prove that I can lead us in these trying times", and with Jaina on his side that could make his argument have a considerable stronger impact because of her stance on things in the past.
Agreed. Varian's biggest fear was always losing something close to him. And despite their constant spats, I do think he cares for Jaina on some personal level. (inb4 Varian and Jaina hook up) I imagine Theramore being destroyed is going to have a pretty big impact on him not only with his relationship with Jaina but also the simple fact that this is a human city being attacked. These are his people after all.

Quote:
Considering he's pretty close allies with Baine, and shares very similar views you'll probably be beating your head against your desk at what his reaction will likely be.
I hope not. I have enough headaches as it is.

Seriously, Anduin is extremely close to his Aunty Jaina and I would think he has some love for Theramore as a city. I hope that this is a eye-opening experience for him in the same vein as Jaina and that trying to be peace-loving all the time doesn't quite fly in this world.

I'll hold my breath on Anduin though. I like the kid but he has much to learn.

Eternal

Gadinhad, please don't turn the thread into this.

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
So basically, you have nothing to counter with except for your usual drivel?

Concession accepted.
You want to discuss things? Go right ahead, but this attitude stops now. ARM's one of the most level-headed, respectful and insightful posters here.

No one's stopping you from expressing your opinion, but if you chose to express it in this way, I WILL make sure something is done about it. So smarten up the hell up and learn some manners.

Quote:
Jaina taking a more active role in the story, retribution for Theramore, probably a Dustwallow revamp with new Alliance questing content.

But no, I'm sorry, if they're not killing the Horde they're just not a worthwhile faction to play I guess.

Quote:
And despite their constant spats,
They never spat. That's a fan invention as far as I know.

And the people of Theramore aren't Varian's people, but yes, of course he'll care. They're his close allies.

Banished

Okay, so here's where I stand. I actually come from a debate forum, so I work a little differently than you posters.

I usually treasure facts above anything else.

Look at the Alliance's track record, have they kicked Horde ass since Warcraft 2? No, they have not.

There has been no ass kicking.

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:

No not nothing, we don't know yet we only just got to the part where Gandalf is kill by the Balrog, we don't know what happens. It is very possible that he will come back more powerful, or that Theramore will return or that something like Stromgarde could be retaken.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
LOL, you want to talk about backstabbing, just look at what Theramore, or at least a faction of Theramore, did under the guise of "peace". They attacked and burned down Taurajo and began building a bunch of settlements on Horde land. For no reason at all.

See, I can play this stupid little game, too.
That's after all the reasons that I listed, idiot.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:

Quote:

You haven't proven that you will reasonably listen to and consider other peoples thoughts, so it's not worth my time to explain to you what we have to look forward to. And there are some very obvious signs of things to look forward to once you look past "Another Alliance town destroyed!". Believe me, I would love to have a nice discussion with you on the subject, but you have the entirely wrong attitude here.

But because it's quick to type, I'll give a simple answer: We don't know what happens in MoP yet.

Quote:
Okay, so here's where I stand. I actually come from a debate forum, so I work a little differently than you posters.

Look at the Alliance's track record, have they kicked Horde ass since Warcraft 2? No, they have not.

Anyway, I'm done with you. "Debating" is fruitless if you can't respect the people you're debating with. Otherwise it amounts to shouting at walls.

I'm outta this thread till it goes in a more constructive direction.

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-24-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 PM

Banished

I stirred this thread in a constructive path... with the Halford topic.

Then gave my opinion on Jaina and was promptly attacked by 7 different posters at the same time.

I'll stop my passive-aggresive stance when you all stop being hypocrites.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 PM

Elune

Quote:

Metzen punishing the Alliance fans by making them pointless power wise in comparison to the Horde is not a fact. We try to post around here with a measure of respect even when things get heated and eve when we at times take the piss out of each other.

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
That's after all the reasons that I listed, idiot.
Proof? Oh wait, you don't have any.

Quote:

Then gave my opinion on Jaina and was promptly attacked by 7 different posters at the same time.

You weren't attacked, you were called out for making up statistics that no one has any info on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 10-24-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Banished

Quote:
Metzen punishing the Alliance fans by making them pointless power wise in comparison to the Horde is not a fact. We try to post around here with a measure of respect even when things get heated and eve when we at times take the piss out of each other.
I don't know what to say honestly.

Not much to talk about.
40 page thread.

I dunno.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Elune

Quote:

I give up trying to reason here... we are all sorry you are obviously correct in everyway. I am also going to guess you can see the future and know perfectly how the destruction of Theramore is going to happen and then what comes after.

Run
Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Agreed. Varian's biggest fear was always losing something close to him. And despite their constant spats, I do think he cares for Jaina on some personal level. (inb4 Varian and Jaina hook up) I imagine Theramore being destroyed is going to have a pretty big impact on him not only with his relationship with Jaina but also the simple fact that this is a human city being attacked. These are his people after all.
Varian is gonna take it pretty damn hard. He's likely gonna blame himself for not doing enough to protect Theramore.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:17 PM

Banished

I go off what I know.

I know that Theramore is destroyed and by Garrosh's hand.

I know there is no repercussions for the Horde other than the Alliance getting mad.

Seems like a cheap way to instill.... I dunno what's the word... brutality in the Alliance? Ferocity?

They could have done it without leveling a city.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:20 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
I go off what I know.

I know that Theramore is destroyed and by Garrosh's hand.

I know there is no repercussions for the Horde other than the Alliance getting mad.

Seems like a cheap way to instill.... I dunno what's the word... brutality in the Alliance? Ferocity?

They could have done it without leveling a city.
We do know the Alliance is going to get outraged, we don't know that there will be no repercussions.

/sigh.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I go off what I know.
Which is very little other than "Horde destroys Theramore".