Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-17-2020, 02:45 PM

The Sun King

Thumbs up Warcraft: Reign of Chaos - a web-series adaptation

Call me a Slowpoke (pun intended), but today I've discovered a very creative web series trying to adapt WCIII with WoW graphics.
The channel is called JoseBV. He went out of his way to edit in dialogues from various localized versions as separate videos, so if you have nostalgia for Russian/Spanish/etc. WCIII voice acting, you can have that itch scratched just as well.

What I respected the most about these videos is how the author handled juggling Thrall and Arthas together as primary characters in the early story. I have always been skeptical towards fanwank like "The Warcraft movie should have been WCIII, Arthas is THE Warcraft character", as I didn't think it possible to handle the campaigns well, mostly with Exodus of the Horde being so different from the Scourge of Lordaeron. However, Jose really worked hard to make them fit together, even setting up the "Grom troubled by demons" plot early by having him present in the Blackrock&Roll congregation before his capture.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Call me a Slowpoke (pun intended), but today I've discovered a very creative web series trying to adapt WCIII with WoW graphics.
The channel is called JoseBV. He went out of his way to edit in dialogues from various localized versions as separate videos, so if you have nostalgia for Russian/Spanish/etc. WCIII voice acting, you can have that itch scratched just as well.

What I respected the most about these videos is how the author handled juggling Thrall and Arthas together as primary characters in the early story. I have always been skeptical towards fanwank like "The Warcraft movie should have been WCIII, Arthas is THE Warcraft character", as I didn't think it possible to handle the campaigns well, mostly with Exodus of the Horde being so different from the Scourge of Lordaeron. However, Jose really worked hard to make them fit together, even setting up the "Grom troubled by demons" plot early by having him present in the Blackrock&Roll congregation before his capture.
Yeah, it's a very respectable effort, but some of his choices are really not to my liking, like the Grom one. I mean, why would Grom hang out with the Blackrocks and why would they allow him to be there considering he's Thrall's second? Even if Thrall sent him as a sort of ambassador or Grom sent himself in that position, it makes little sense that the Blackrocks would be ok with it and even let him leave. It's just a very strange change and it's not really very clear.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:08 PM

The Sun King

Orc Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Yeah, it's a very respectable effort, but some of his choices are really not to my liking, like the Grom one. I mean, why would Grom hang out with the Blackrocks and why would they allow him to be there considering he's Thrall's second? Even if Thrall sent him as a sort of ambassador or Grom sent himself in that position, it makes little sense that the Blackrocks would be ok with it and even let him leave. It's just a very strange change and it's not really very clear.
Remembering the Warsong from "Lord of the Clans", I've always felt like they were at the brink of falling back to the 'old ways'. It seems to me like Grom secretly wavering between Thrall's ways and the demon-powered ways could be an interesting prelude to his character, and the choices he makes during "The Invasion of Kalimdor".
Old 02-18-2020, 04:39 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Remembering the Warsong from "Lord of the Clans", I've always felt like they were at the brink of falling back to the 'old ways'. It seems to me like Grom secretly wavering between Thrall's ways and the demon-powered ways could be an interesting prelude to his character, and the choices he makes during "The Invasion of Kalimdor".
That wavering just feels a bit too close to treason for me. I mean, sure have doubts, that makes sense, but when you visit an enemy camp and seem to be pretty comfortable there it's a bit much. Also I'm not really a fan of how it makes Arthas involved in the Horde's story. Dude already has a big enough impact as it is.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.

Tags
fan art, fanfiction, reign of chaos, warcraft iii, warcraft movie