Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4676  
Old 05-01-2016, 04:28 AM
Reinhardt Reinhardt is offline

Arch-Druid
Reinhardt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
Nah, thats dumb. Selyse suddenly decides not to burn her daughter even though she is fanatical enough to believe in the lord of light?
Sacrificing your child is a big ask for any believer. Maybe even more than dying for your cause.

There is a nice contrast in the show. Selyse believes but this is too much for her and she breaks. Stannis, in his belief in his duty and destiny not in the red God, is the more fanatical of the two he does not blink.

This make them very different from the book, but there is an internal coherence.
Reply With Quote
  #4677  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
Sacrificing your child is a big ask for any believer. Maybe even more than dying for your cause.

There is a nice contrast in the show. Selyse believes but this is too much for her and she breaks. Stannis, in his belief in his duty and destiny not in the red God, is the more fanatical of the two he does not blink.

This make them very different from the book, but there is an internal coherence.
Show Selyse did not like Shrienne at all.
Reply With Quote
  #4678  
Old 05-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Show Selyse did not like Shrienne at all.
Yeah, there was not a single hint at all that Selyse liked Shireen what so ever. Heck, there's even the S4 scene when they're preparing to leave where Melisandre asks Selyse to bring Shireen, complete with ominous music and an implication she wants her for the King's Blood.

It's Blizzard-tier writing. They pull a sudden personality shift out of nowhere, with no build up, and treat it as a 'twist' when instead because there's been zero grounding for it the whole thing results in looking like (and is) bad writing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #4679  
Old 05-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,691
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Well that happened.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #4680  
Old 05-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,368

Shadow Orb

>Roose Bolton the imbecile didn't expect his tormented son to kill him.
>Gregor kills people in town.
>Two hard days of blind training for Arya. She is now ready.
>Davos forgets all his hatred for Melisandre.

Cool story bro/10
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #4681  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:02 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Oh my, a good episode for once. I really enjoyed it.

Bran's segment and Tommen were the highlight for me. Really like Tommen though it's obvious they set it up for him to have a ''tragic'' death later on. And we finally see Jon's mother...

The leak sounded stupid but I liked how Roose died. I kind of expect him to have a similar death in the book if Ramsay gets news of Stannis surrounding Winterfell. I even liked how he killed Walda. Real nobles have done worse stuff. And again, it's obvious they're desperate to set him up as the devil himself, and knowing the leaks of the final battle I can see why.

And thank GOD they brought Jon back already. I was afraid they're gonna stretch it for the whole season with Davos and Mel just looking at his corpse.

Euron didn't say his name. Goddammit another week of Sarah saying he's gonna be Victarion.

The stupidest part of the episode would have to be Gregor killing that drunkard. How the fuck did he get there, let alone know the guy was mocking Cersei. Might as well kill the entire town... Also Davos not strangling Melisandre to death.

Zero interest in Arya, despite loving her book arc, as well as zero interest in Mereen.
Reply With Quote
  #4682  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Well that happened.
Was Jon resurrected as the Extras' leak had predicted?
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #4683  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,691
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

I thought Euron was Daario?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #4684  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,368

Shadow Orb

I'm just disappointed to see Roose was a moron and did not expect Ramsay to betray him as soon as he gets a son.

EDIT

But didn't you guys notice that we didn't saw Daario this episode!!?? Yet we saw Euron...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #4685  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,441

Default

Ruseman BTFO.

Jon Stark is back.

Ramsay's gift will be Rickon and he'll kill Rickon, too.
Reply With Quote
  #4686  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:14 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post

Jon Stark is back.

Ramsay's gift will be Rickon and he'll kill Rickon, too.
And Ramsay gets beaten to death by Jon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
But didn't you guys notice that we didn't saw Daario this episode!!?? Yet we saw Euron...
Dany and Sand Sneks, bad episodes. No Dany, no Sand Sneks, good episodes. hmmmm....
Reply With Quote
  #4687  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I thought Euron was Daario?
Victarion doesn't even exist in the show. Book = books, show = show.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Ruseman BTFO.

Jon Targaryen is back.

Ramsay's gift will be Rickon and he'll kill Rickon, too.
Rickon lives, Wun Wun dies.

Dany is Sauron.
Reply With Quote
  #4688  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,441

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And Ramsay gets beaten to death by Jon.
Yeah, looking forward to it like you can't even believe.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! THE KING IN THE NORTH!

It feels FUCKING GOOD to be a Starkfag, for once.
Reply With Quote
  #4689  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Tilgath Tilgath is offline

Eternal
Tilgath's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,616

Default

All I could think about during Euron's intro was the catatonic state Sarah must've slipped into. No warlock warp drive could get Daario from the Dothraki sea to Pyke. With that said, I take no joy in Euron=Daario getting BTFO. I know if my pet theory doesn't come true, I'll be equally saddened and disappointed.


But it will come true. GET HYPE.
Reply With Quote
  #4690  
Old 05-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,368

Shadow Orb

I actually expect Roose to outlobe Ramsey in the books.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #4691  
Old 05-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Haste

I think actually that D&D decided, for whatever reasons, to not focus on that part of Euron's history on the TV show - for the sake of storytelling the TV show has separated the Crow's Eye's two aliases into two different characters. And this means that Victarion won't be in the show either This is a change they've made while adapting George's source material. But in the books Euron is Daario and Daario is Euron. But they've still made little nods in the show to book readers (e.g. 93 ships, the Stormcrows deserting Stannis' army and Daario giving Dany a poisonous gift) So George please release The Winds of Winter already so this confusion can be cleared up

But I actually really enjoyed that scene It was really good - the actor and writers and director did a great job! Like most of the dialogue was ripped straight out of A Feast for Crows. Its definitely an interesting choice to have Euron himself do it in the show rather than a faceless man like it was in the books. But the thing that I really really liked about that scene was that it actually added a little bit of original content to Euron's backstory! In the books its said that Euron cut the tongues out of his crew aboard The Silence but there's no particular reason state why (other than a general need to protect Euron's secrets) But in that scene tonight Balon says that he heard Euron had lost his mind on the Jade Sea and his crew had to tie him to the mast, so he cut their tongues out because he wanted silence. I thought that extra backstory was pretty neat

I really enjoyed the episode. Also did everybody see those dragons being all friendly to Tyrion? Viserion recognizes his kin.

Last edited by Shaman; 05-01-2016 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4692  
Old 05-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Yorenec Yorenec is offline

Arch-Druid
Yorenec's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,228
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Default

Ramsay just really needs to fucking go at this point. For the overall health of the show. I really hope the mid-seasonish leaks are correct.

There's little doubt at this point he's an all-time top 5 villain sue. Might even hold the #2 spot behind some iterations of The Joker.
Reply With Quote
  #4693  
Old 05-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Orb of Slow "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother."

And Roose! A good and gentle man has been cut down in his prime.
Reply With Quote
  #4694  
Old 05-01-2016, 10:22 PM
ARM3481 ARM3481 is offline

Loremaster
ARM3481's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,561

Default

Between the end of Season 4, and the newest developments with the Martells and Boltons, I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that the plan on the show is to basically kill off most of the competent leadership in Westeros, reducing all of the major houses to a disorganized clusterfuck so they can't organize any resistance when Daenerys or whoever shows up to forcibly unify them against the coming of the Long Night.

They're also being awfully free-and-loose with the idea that the Houses would just calmly fall in line behind illegitimate leaders instead of freaking out when bastards seem to be suspiciously replacing noblemen left-and-right.
Reply With Quote
  #4695  
Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 AM
Ujimasa Hojo Ujimasa Hojo is offline

Eternal
Ujimasa Hojo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,213

Default

So the curse of Harrenhal has caught up with Roose.
__________________




Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Reply With Quote
  #4696  
Old 05-02-2016, 03:00 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Default

Good episode, with great production values (DEM DRAGONS), but, unfortunately, not without fuckups.

Let's see.

>Roose is dead already? Really?

>And Ramsay just kills him before the eyes of a maester and Lord Karstark? And that makes him the new lord, rather than an enemy of the realm? Wow, somebody should have told Tyrion this. Arthas approves.

>Tommen is totes going to die. You do not join the fucking Cersei and expect to live.

>Ah, good old Jaime, yelling "I BETRAYED THE KING", without specifying why he did this. I mean, everybody obviously knows that it was to help his father take over the King's Landing quicker, right?

>The dragon scene is awesome and confirms Preston's opinion that Valyrian blood's relevance is a social construct made by Valyrians themselves. Just being nice to dragons will make them like you.

>Otherwise, I grew pretty damn tired of Tyrion's le witty dwarf act.

>So did Varys. Every scene he had this "what the fuck am I doing here" expression.

>It was totes Victarion killing Balon and declaring himself to be "the first storm and the last". Obviously, Daario will teleport from the Dothraki Sea directly to the Kingsmoot, guys!

>Why couldn't they film the training scenes in the House of Black and White, again?

>Is this a new Kindly Man, an old one who lived, or the same Faceless as the Waif, but with another face?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
>Gregor kills people in town.
Who'd care for a random bum found dead in the dark alley? I liked the scene, showed the pure "robotic" nature of Frankengregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader
The stupidest part of the episode would have to be Gregor killing that drunkard. How the fuck did he get there, let alone know the guy was mocking Cersei.
He didn't. It was just karmic justice. He smashed him because the guy was pissing on his legs, then just went on his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Between the end of Season 4, and the newest developments with the Martells and Boltons, I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that the plan on the show is to basically kill off most of the competent leadership in Westeros, reducing all of the major houses to a disorganized clusterfuck so they can't organize any resistance when Daenerys or whoever shows up to forcibly unify them against the coming of the Long Night.

They're also being awfully free-and-loose with the idea that the Houses would just calmly fall in line behind illegitimate leaders instead of freaking out when bastards seem to be suspiciously replacing noblemen left-and-right.
>implying that the ending is about Daenerys fighting the EEEVIL zombies

>Ramsay was fully legitimized and, unless Roose changed his will, would inherit by the law. The question is, why did he do it before the eyes of Karstark and the maester (giving them information they can use to blackmail him).

Last edited by Kir the Wizard; 05-02-2016 at 03:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4697  
Old 05-02-2016, 03:08 AM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Good episode, with great production values (DEM DRAGONS), but, unfortunately, not without fuckups.

Let's see.

>Roose is dead already? Really?

>And Ramsay just kills him before the eyes of a maester and Lord Karstark? And that makes him the new lord, rather than an enemy of the realm? Wow, somebody should have told Tyrion this. Arthas approves.

>Tommen is totes going to die. You do not join the fucking Cersei and expect to live.

>Ah, good old Jaime, yelling "I BETRAYED THE KING", without specifying why he did this. I mean, everybody obviously knows that it was to help his father take over the King's Landing quicker, right?

>The dragon scene is awesome and confirms Preston's opinion that Valyrian blood's relevance is a social construct made by Valyrians themselves. Just being nice to dragons will make them like you.

>Otherwise, I grew pretty damn tired of Tyrion's le witty dwarf act.

>So did Varys. Every scene he had this "what the fuck am I doing here" expression.

>It was totes Victarion killing Balon and declaring himself to be "the first storm and the last". Obviously, Daario will teleport from the Dothraki Sea directly to the Kingsmoot, guys!

>Why couldn't they film the training scenes in the House of Black and White, again?

>Is this a new Kindly Man, an old one who lived, or the same Faceless as the Waif, but with another face?



Who'd care for a random bum found dead in the dark alley? I liked the scene, showed the pure "robotic" nature of Frankengregor.


He didn't. It was just karmic justice. He smashed him because the guy was pissing on his legs, then just went on his way.
Come on Kir you know better than that. There is a direct link to that guy mocking Cersei and him getting smashed. There could be plenty of reasons for him knowing who it was, but playing dumb doesn't become you.
Reply With Quote
  #4698  
Old 05-02-2016, 03:09 AM
Ujimasa Hojo Ujimasa Hojo is offline

Eternal
Ujimasa Hojo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,213

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
>It was totes Victarion killing Balon and declaring himself to be "the first storm and the last". Obviously, Daario will teleport from the Dothraki Sea directly to the Kingsmoot, guys!
Stop giving Shaman ideas. She'd be Lordaarioeuron-ing 'til Winds of Winter anyways.

EDIT: FUCK IT. Euron switched faces with a Faceless Man! or maybe glamour magic! or maybe teleportation (Sand Sneks did it too)!
__________________




Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

Last edited by Ujimasa Hojo; 05-02-2016 at 03:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4699  
Old 05-02-2016, 03:35 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Default

EDIT: Also, HODOR IS WALTER, NOT WILLAS, WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE THAT, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!?

The ending theme was strange. Instead of Stark Theme, it's a mix of Stannis/R'hllor and Baelish themes? Wat?

In Season 1 the Baelish theme played when his schemes were in motion (even if CIA himself wasn't on the screen). So... Baelish somehow knew about Jon's resurrection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Come on Kir you know better than that. There is a direct link to that guy mocking Cersei and him getting smashed. There could be plenty of reasons for him knowing who it was, but playing dumb doesn't become you.
And the link is karma. The key is to show the Frankengregor's brutality, not to turn him into some sort of an assassin who hunts down bums that speak bad against the queen.
Reply With Quote
  #4700  
Old 05-02-2016, 03:44 AM
spidey1980 spidey1980 is offline

Eternal
spidey1980's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,305

Default

Lyanna fucking Stark, you guys!!

Now i wish we could see Rhaegar in all his glory as well.

I do like how they kept the resurrection ambigous. Was it really Mel's doing or was some other power at work?
Ghost fell asleep during the ritual. Was that because Jon had been inside of him?

As much as i despise everything ironborn, I got legit chills at "I AM the Drowned God."

Also: Why did I know EW would have an interview with Kit apologizing for all the lies lined up for release right after the episode aired?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/01...alflow_twitter

It's okay, Kit. Nobody believed you anyway...
__________________
Quote:
Teenagers (or older) at a Left wing indoctrination camp*
Nothing of value was lost.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 05-02-2016 at 03:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
game of thrones, literature, no one survives, song of ice and fire, spoilers, trickster's tag, trolling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.