Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Quaero#1875

Default Hearthstone Custom Cards.

Hey, could you guys give me your opinion on these?

I'm working on sets for the other classes, but some feedback would be nice.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2015, 09:29 PM

World Builder

Looks cool, would need to play a few games with them to see how most would play out.

Though the Warsong card doesn't strike me as useful, enraged cards don't tend to live long.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-29-2015, 05:36 AM

Elune

I'll do paladin first:

-I like the design of Expiring Soul, Penance, Prophet's Guard, From the Ashes and Reckoning. Fun ideas and very paladin like.

-Silverhand Banner seems overly weak. Yes it theoretically gives endless taunts but how many can you really get out of it? Sunfury is 2 mana for 2 taunts and has much better stats. This minion could well be a 3/3 with the same effect (IF the taunts are lost when it dies, which is how I understood), though maybe call it Silverhand Standard Bearer to explain it's offensive capabilities Raising health would probably be bad because it could be hard to kill then, but more attack is fine.

-Divine Bulwark seems too good, immunity for a turn is roughly 1 mana (see Glad's Longbow), card draw is 1,5 mana and divine shield is 1 mana. This card is probably passable at 3 (and still very good).

-Faith in the Light is a continuous effect yes? If so it might be simpler to make it replace your hero power like Shadowform does, seems a too clunky otherwise. It can probably be reduced to 3 mana like Shadowform as well.

-Wall of Light seems a bit too strong, I'd up the mana cost to 6 since the effect seems to be global (so even Wailing Soul doesn't help) and even chargers/weapons are useless which makes it considerably better than Frost Nova. It is on the border of 5 and 6 though.

BTW are you making an expansion? What's it about HvA?
Old 05-29-2015, 05:54 AM

World Builder

Light's grace has odd wording but Scarlet Martyr looks fantastic.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-29-2015, 10:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Though the Warsong card doesn't strike me as useful, enraged cards don't tend to live long.
Tried to give enrage some support, since it's pretty underused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Light's grace has odd wording but Scarlet Martyr looks fantastic.
Basically, all your healing becomes health buffs for that turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I'll do paladin first:

-I like the design of Expiring Soul, Penance, Prophet's Guard, From the Ashes and Reckoning. Fun ideas and very paladin like.

-Silverhand Banner seems overly weak. Yes it theoretically gives endless taunts but how many can you really get out of it? Sunfury is 2 mana for 2 taunts and has much better stats. This minion could well be a 3/3 with the same effect (IF the taunts are lost when it dies, which is how I understood), though maybe call it Silverhand Standard Bearer to explain it's offensive capabilities Raising health would probably be bad because it could be hard to kill then, but more attack is fine.
Well, if your opponent can't remove it, it forces them to clear your entire board to do damage, and it affects new summons. But I guess 1 or even 2 attack would be fine.

Quote:
-Divine Bulwark seems too good, immunity for a turn is roughly 1 mana (see Glad's Longbow), card draw is 1,5 mana and divine shield is 1 mana. This card is probably passable at 3 (and still very good).
Might have overshot that one, since nobody runs hand of protection I was more generous with the stat allocation. Will probably remove the draw.

Quote:
-Faith in the Light is a continuous effect yes? If so it might be simpler to make it replace your hero power like Shadowform does, seems a too clunky otherwise. It can probably be reduced to 3 mana like Shadowform as well.
Thout about that, but a hero power mod would not buff Muster summons, so I came up with the current version.

Quote:
-Wall of Light seems a bit too strong, I'd up the mana cost to 6 since the effect seems to be global (so even Wailing Soul doesn't help) and even chargers/weapons are useless which makes it considerably better than Frost Nova. It is on the border of 5 and 6 though.

BTW are you making an expansion? What's it about HvA?
A stronger Frost Nova for 2 more mana seems a reasonable price to me. Silence options could add some strategy to it, so I dont see why not.

You could call it an expansion, but I didn't have a particular theme in mind. Although the art does lend for HvA for the most part.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaero View Post
Silence options could add some strategy to it, so I dont see why not.
Not sure if we understand each other here. I am saying your spell's effect seems to be global and unsilenceable, like say Commanding Shout, so even an extreme option like adding Wailing Soul doesn't seem to help and that is why it's more of a 6 cost than a 5 cost.

@About Muster interaction, not necessarily. Quarter could be set so that it buffs the stronger tokens too, I know I for one would expect it to. I am mostly proposing this change because unless I am wrong, there is no spell with a global effect that lasts for more than one turn. If those were introduced your spell would not stand out.

Last edited by C9H20; 05-29-2015 at 12:10 PM..
Old 05-29-2015, 12:58 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Not sure if we understand each other here. I am saying your spell's effect seems to be global and unsilenceable, like say Commanding Shout, so even an extreme option like adding Wailing Soul doesn't seem to help and that is why it's more of a 6 cost than a 5 cost.

@About Muster interaction, not necessarily. Quarter could be set so that it buffs the stronger tokens too, I know I for one would expect it to. I am mostly proposing this change because unless I am wrong, there is no spell with a global effect that lasts for more than one turn. If those were introduced your spell would not stand out.
We're on the same page, since it seems to be on the verge of a 6 mana effect, allowing for it to be silenceable would be a fair trade. Make it ongoing, but not reaplyable. Heros still cant attack, charge minions cant attack either since silencing them would remove charge.

On FiL, there is nothing wrong with introducing new mechanics in spells, but I see your point
Old 05-29-2015, 03:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I think you should post this on HS forums tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I think you should post this on HS forums tbh.
Will probably do so once I finish the other classes.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaero View Post
Will probably do so once I finish the other classes.
I'd suggest the Hearthpwn Custom Creations section, a very big community of card creators there. On the official forums you'd get 4 people saying "neat" and then your post will be buried in the mass of inane shit that gets posted there.

Onto the warrior cards:

-I like the designs of Troll Axethrower, Unyielding Marshal, Warsong Howler.

-I agree with Sky that enrage minions don't really need more damage or buffs (Blood Frenzy, Tauren Warmaster, Warsong (though I like the idea of that one)), they need survivability. You provide some options with the Warsong Howler and Shieldwall (which is a fun card as well) but perhaps enrage specific survival cards could be interesting. I definitely agree that gimmicks like enrage warrior, beast hunter, secret mage, etc, need to be expanded upon and improved.

-Death Wish like card is something I've seen before and liked. I think it could be brought down to 6 mana since it is so situational and comes with such a big risk to the warrior (more armor than health = dead card). Also at 6 mana it could be used with Death's Bite for a finisher combo.

-Cards I didn't mention, both for paladin and warrior, are cards I think are decent and playable but had nothing to say about them, good or bad.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I'd suggest the Hearthpwn Custom Creations section, a very big community of card creators there. On the official forums you'd get 4 people saying "neat" and then your post will be buried in the mass of inane shit that gets posted there.

Onto the warrior cards:

-I like the designs of Troll Axethrower, Unyielding Marshal, Warsong Howler.

-I agree with Sky that enrage minions don't really need more damage or buffs (Blood Frenzy, Tauren Warmaster, Warsong (though I like the idea of that one)), they need survivability. You provide some options with the Warsong Howler and Shieldwall (which is a fun card as well) but perhaps enrage specific survival cards could be interesting. I definitely agree that gimmicks like enrage warrior, beast hunter, secret mage, etc, need to be expanded upon and improved.
Well, yeah. A part of the focus on these cards was to flesh out underdeveloped aspects of certain classes and archetypes, and improve on some weaknesses. Warrior seemed like the best class choice to give enrage support, but you're probably right they should focus more on survivability.

Quote:
-Death Wish like card is something I've seen before and liked. I think it could be brought down to 6 mana since it is so situational and comes with such a big risk to the warrior (more armor than health = dead card). Also at 6 mana it could be used with Death's Bite for a finisher combo.

-Cards I didn't mention, both for paladin and warrior, are cards I think are decent and playable but had nothing to say about them, good or bad.
Death Wish was originally a removed card from Alpha days, because it was pretty broken. Same effect for 2 mana and no damage to self.

I'm not sure about it really needing reduction to 6 mana, since weapons are persistent, and can be set up the turn before. Also, Heroic Strike could fulfill the same function in this case.

EDIT:

Anyway, here is the Druid set.
Attached Images

Last edited by Quaero; 05-31-2015 at 03:04 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 08:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Still at it, here is the Rogue set.

Some of the ideas in here might need a little fine-tuning, but still, tell me how they feel in a broad sense.
Attached Images

Last edited by Quaero; 06-11-2015 at 03:29 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 09:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I bet future warrior cards are going to be Dwarf themed rather than continuing with all the Orcs to help Magni fit in better.

Probably something similar for Mage and Hunter and their new heroes.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:56 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
I bet future warrior cards are going to be dwarf themed to help Magni fit in better.

There's a good number of dwarf/gnome cards in play for Warrior already, but it'll be interesting to see what the breakdown is as the game ages.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
I bet future warrior cards are going to be Dwarf themed rather than continuing with all the Orcs to help Magni fit in better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
There's a good number of dwarf/gnome cards in play for Warrior already, but it'll be interesting to see what the breakdown is as the game ages.
Well, there is already some degree of mixture, but the new skins will probably expand upon it.

And while changing certain cards to make them click better with the new Hero skin would be pretty cool (Ironfoe instead of Gorehowl, and dwarves instead of orcs in most cards for example) I just don't see Blizzard doing it, people would get "Confused".
Old 06-15-2015, 01:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

What do you think a Muradin or Mountain King card would look like?

I can't speculate on stats so I won't, but something like this might work.

Muradin, Warrior legendary. 8 mana, high attack compared to health. Deathrattle(become an Avatar with low attack but high health, cannot be targeted by spells or hero powers).
Old 07-16-2015, 09:51 PM

Arch-Druid

Moving on to Warlocks.
Attached Images

Tags
hearthstone