Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 11-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Elune

Default Time skip

Let's say the story has a time skip. 20 years sounds good.

20 years after the war in Pandaria, where would you like the story to be? Factions, racial leaders, outside threats, geography changes, whatever.

You are not limited by game mechanics here. Go wild.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM

Elune

Stromgarde becoming a major human settlement in Lordaeron. Pandaria is in ruins, and the Pandaren are extinct.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Everyone has kids. They are in command. We are told to like them. We don't.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 PM

Archer

Basically the Fallout universe transferred over to the Warcraft universe.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Okie dokie.

Velen dies of wounds inflicted by the Legion, Moira is killed in a Dark Iron power-grab, Tauren Bluff develops a night elf minority population, the Maelstrom is finally healed by the Earthen Ring, Jaina and Kalecgos have children, Brann Bronzebeard takes up a research role in his later years, Varian dies not on the battlefield but of old age, the Silithid hive spreads into the Northern Barrens and Mulgore, the naaru vacates Shattrath City and gives leadership over to the draenei, the Ghostlands is rescued by the Argent Crusade which creates tension between the elves and crusaders, King Anduin never marries and orcs and humans are living alongside each other in New Theramore.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Revenant - Moderator

All the factions of Outland band together to gather bits of their shattered world and create a half-sphere shaped platform on which rests a mostly restored continent and ocean (inscribe the existing remnants in a circle to see its extent). Powered by remnants of the planet's core and naaru crystals, it sails through the Twisting Nether, and the crew has adventures and stuff. Every race gets a port on the rim. The Netherwing island is moved north of Hellfire. The helm is near the Dark Portal. They fight demon space pirates and have politics and stuff.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 11-18-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Okie dokie.

Jaina and Kalecgos have children.
Is the baby named Gary Sue?
Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I do think that Warcraft needs another timeskip. The current era is entirely overexploited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
All the factions of Outland band together to gather bits of their shattered world and create a half-sphere shaped platform on which rests a mostly restored continent and ocean (inscribe the existing remnants in a circle to see its extent). Powered by remnants of the planet's core and naaru crystals, it sails through the Twisting Nether, and the crew has adventures and stuff. Every race gets a port on the rim. The Netherwing island is moved north of Hellfire. The helm is near the Dark Portal. They fight demon space pirates and have politics and stuff.
That is amazing.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.

Last edited by Revenant; 11-18-2012 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: None shall know of my typo!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

The Trolls, Tauren and Night Elves have made technological (both magical and mundane) advances by collaborating with their various partners, so that we don't have pointed stick-wielding tribesmen keeping pace with plasma rifle-toting space marines. Everyone else keeps moving forward, obviously, but the most important changes are to the above.

The position of Warchief (no longer occupied by Thrall) devolves much of its authority to lower tiers of government so that the Horde is less of a totalitarian dictatorship. The Tauren and Darkspear have fortified their respective holdings and enjoy a greater degree of freedom and importance on the world scale.

The Alliance and Horde are in a state of tenuous peace, periodic exchanging fire in contested areas but neither party willing or able to commit to another war. Neutral organizations like the Cenarion Circle still exist, but have become much smaller, with members moving towards more faction and race-specific organizations.

The Alliance and Horde begin reinforcing their presence in previously uncontrolled zones such as Silithus, Tanaris and Un'goro in earnest, in order to tap into their natural resources and energy needs.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM

World Builder

Runes

The Wildhammer relocate to the Twilight Highlands after the Dragonmaw are pushed out, due to the Hinterlands coming under siege by Horde backed forest trolls under Revantusk/Darkspear leadership and Forsaken support.

The Thoradin wall is fortified by Ironforge and a resurgent Stromgarde while Hammerfall and the local ogres and trolls are pushed out by Danaths return.

The magnataur released after the Siege of Orgrimmar spread out through Northrend, though after a bit of stormy relations, a few groups join the Horde as actual members rather than slave siege weapons due to recognizing the benefits and potential for expansion they offer.

The Horde uses less-destructive versions of the Dark Portal to worldhop and fight the Legion, using constant war production to stimulate its economy.

The Alliance use Titan Waygates and Naaru dimensional ships to similar effect, but with a greater focus on uniting races that've been pushed out by the Legion.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Horde doesn't exist... because everyone joined the Alliance. SAC position switches around between non-faction leaders, like Halford Wyrmbane, Shandris, etc.

Forsaken lose Lordaeron, Sylvanas, and the val'kyr, and are mostly gone.

S'about it, I guess. Not one to give much thought to these sorts of threads.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

I'm not totally sure, but it will need to involve orcish greasers having drag races in Orgrimmar.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Elune

First off I just want want to emphasize that I've been a long time supporter of a time skip. It is sorely needed, the amount of events that have been crammed into the past few years is beyond absurd, the people of Azeroth simply need a cooldown period.

Anyway I'll just give short points on events I'd like to see:

-After the Legion War, Azeroth experiences six years of relative peace, yet in that time tensions between the various remaining factions in the world , most notably the Alliance and the Horde boil over, resulting in a massive and destructive world war. The primer for war was the Horde's second attempt at improving its global position.

-The idea is to split the factions up a bit, to that end

-In th end the world was forever changed, and many notable changes occurred. The most important being: Teldrassil was sapped by explosives, Orgrimmar got annihilated; orcs mostly pushed from Kalimdor, fortunately their Alterac colony thrives and together with UD succeeds in pushing out the last of the Alliance (and their Crusader allies) out of the Lordaeron continent; UD, long dissatisfied with Lordaeron's cleansing which was forced upon them by the orcs leave for Northrend with KotEB, there they subdue the LK and quickly conquer much of the continent;

-Relations between the main body of the Horde and the Forsaken in Northrend chill, to the point of near breaking by the time of the time skip. The NEs and their allies have been long independent by then, they were enraged by slow Alliance support in the early days of the invasion. The devastation of the war reached every corner of the world, in the time between the Great World War and the present (the time skip time) most races had turned inward to repair their shattered lives. Yet 15 years after the end of the GWW, nations are slowly turning their eye out towards possible allies, bounties and lands.

EDIT: Possible factions

Eastern Horde: orcs, blood elves, forest trolls, ogres and possibly: gnolls, black dragons (or some other type).
Western Horde: tauren, jungle and sand trolls, goblins.
(the above felt too large to be a single faction)
Night Elf Empire: nighelves, worgen, ancients, nature allies.
Alliance: humans, all dwarf clans, worgen, gnomes, red dragons.
Covenant: draenai, The Sworn (various defectors sworn to altruism), arakkoa, broken, naaru.
Second Naga Empire: the naga and various sea races and servants.
Forsaken Empire: Forsaken, KotEB, vrykul, various undead and possibly: some rogue titan constructs, taunka, nerubians.

The idea is that they are all sides in a risk-like strategy game, which has an RTS component for actual fights. You can globally manage your army and zone in all modes, though in Campaign Mode the battle order is set for the player. Initially the Horde seems powerful as it is composed of East Horde, West H. and Forsaken Empire, of course it all goes south very quick from there, just like for the Alliance in WCIII.

Last edited by C9H20; 11-18-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building

The disastrous invasion of Argus has left the Horde and Alliance crippled. Anduin Wrynn, Champion of the Light, is missing. Velen is dead. Thrall is dead. Malfurion is dead. Baine is dead. Muradin is dead. Genn is dead. Tirion is dead. Varian, determined to find his son, has left Stormwind in Jaina's hands, but mounting suspicions and political tensions within and without the remains of the Alliance have led her to surround herself with spies and bodyguards. Stormwind, a kingdom stretching from the Stranglethorn Wasteland up to the Thandol Span, is a hopeless, fearful police state under her ruthless and paranoid hands.

The surviving Draenei number in the dozens. Most of them are consumed with hatred, and have turned their wrath upon the Orcs, easier targets to bully and punish than the demons ultimately responsible for their plight. They have collaborated into a cult of fanatical zealots that would put the Scarlet Crusade to shame. They are feared throughout Kalimdor for their twisted rituals, which they use to turn captured Orcs, Elves and Trolls into mindless drone soldiers, their own lives being far too valuable to risk in open battle.

The Night Elves have been broken once again. They contributed most of their army to the Draenor Expedition, and when the portals were sealed they were left defenseless. Tyrande Whisperwind has been assassinated by forces unknown. The ensuing power struggle ended with the burning of Teldrassil, with half the Night Elven population dead and Shandris in control. She has collected the remnants of her people into the Eternity Corps, a militaristic state devoted to restoring her people's immortality. To this end, she has set teams of druids to the task of restoring the Well of Eternity and the Kaldorei connection to Nordrassil. The Dragon Aspects tried to oppose her and were killed. By killing Kalecgos, Shandris has earned the ire of Jaina Proudmoore, steward of the Lion Throne, and their states are now at war.

The Orcish state has dissolved after the death of Thrall. One of the major factions calls itself Hellscream's Howl, and purports to model itself after the ideals embodied by Hellscream the Redeemer and Hellscream the Conquerer. They have seized control of Orgrimmar and cast out all the 'lesser' races. Another faction, Durotar's Vengeance, claims to carry on Thrall's legacy, and has reestablished contact with a fringe group of Night Elves and set up bases in Ashenvale and the Northern Barrens. Their rhetoric argues for peace and unity, and this is to be achieved by merciless strikes against the 'partisan rabbles' of the Eternity Corps and Hellscream's Howl. The third major faction of Kalimdor Orcs, calling itself the Last Horde, has seized control of Mulgore and fortified the entire valley. It maintains a fierce neutrality and refuses to deal with external powers, for either conquest, diplomacy or trade.

In the Eastern Kingdoms, the Frostwolf Clan has been exterminated. The Blackrock Orcs have been driven into the Highlands, where they have joined forces with the Dragonmaw Clan and wiped out the native Wildhammers. They work to fortify their position, and their long-term goals, if any, are unknown.

Following Baine's death, the Tauren state dissolved into the many nomadic tribes that existed before the Orcish Exodus. These disparate tribes were easily enslaved by Orcs, Humans, Elves and Goblins, though rumors of cultural integration within the Last Horde and Zul'Ushin persist. They are a dying race, the flame of their pride all but extinguished. The are now treated as little more than beasts of burden, no better than the kodo beasts they once tamed.

The Dwarves lost to the Draenor Disaster were mostly Bronzebeards, free-lancers or members of neutral factions. Even as the battle raged across the distant world, Moira Thaurissan made a grab for power, assassinating a number of key Wildhammer and Bronzebeard politicians. Ironforge was plunged into chaos, but a resistance of Wildhammer, Bronzebeard and Gnomish loyalists succeeded in driving Moira and her son out of the city. The riots didn't die down, however, until Jaina sent a human army to occupy the city. Ironforge is now under Stormwind control, and subject to the White Queen's increasingly unhinged decrees.

Moira fled to Blackrock Mountain, which she has purged of Orcs and fortified once again. Dagran II has been crowned Emperor, though Moira continues to reign as Regent. The sealed city of Blackrock Mountain remains an independent, if impotent, enclave within the tyrannical Empire of Stormwind.

The Goblins are thriving on all the adversity. The cartels are no more nor less unified than before the Disaster, and they continue to look out for themselves above all.

Gnomes have regained Gnomeregan, and lent the support of their technology to the Alliance during the Draenor Invasion. Since then, they have attempted to pacify through diplomacy and good sense the various political and social upheavals across Azeroth, without success. Their role in defying Moira's coup has earned them the animosity of the Dark Iron, for what little that's worth. They are now vassals of the Stormwind Empire, unhappy with their situation, but for all appearances content to abide it. However, rumors persist of covert operations being planned and coordinated beneath Gnomeregan's bustling streets, conspiracies to overthrow the Lion Throne and darker whispers of an experimental AI which just might have gone wrong...

The Forsaken held back from the Draenor Invasion, taking advantage of their 'allies' absence to consolidate their position and make a few strategic strikes. Hearthglen is in ruins, the Eastern Plaguelands have been defiled once again, Gilneas has been utterly destroyed, the Hinterlands are a sludge-choked wasteland and Stromgarde has been captured. Sylvanas' empire now controls everything between the Ghostlands and the Thandol Span. She and Jaina have signed mutual nonaggression pacts, each being occupied with problems of their own. Sylvanas' forces are constantly harassed by the Dread Reckoning, a coalition of Darion's Ebon Blade and Bolvar Fordragon's New Scourge. Simultaneously, Lor'Themar Theron has proven more resilient than the she anticipated, and the Forsaken invasion of Quel'Thalas goes poorly. Nevertheless, the Black Queen sits comfortably atop a strong and relatively solid empire.

Gilneas no longer exists in any real sense. Worgen freedom fighters continue to struggle against Forsaken forces throughout Silverpine and Gilneas, but they are doomed to failure.

Dalaran stands as the primary line of defense against further demonic invasion. The Draenor Disaster was a wakeup call, and in the following months the Council announced in its famous Renunciation Address that it would no longer consent to participate in any conflict between mortals. Jaina has been cast out. What with one thing and another, Gnomes have become the dominant species in the floating city, and six out of the nine Council members are members of this race. They patrol the metaphysical borders of the world and maintain the defensive wards placed after the Disaster. They know, however, that should Sargeras attempt to invade Azeroth again, we're all likely fucked.

The Blood Elves are in a similar position to the Draenei in that most of their already small population was killed in the Disaster. They have withdrawn all their power back into Quel'Thalas, where they fight a desperate war of survival against Sylvanas' Forsaken. They are slowly losing ground. Many feel that the only hope for survival is to join the Legion, as the now-glorified King Kael'Thas tried to do so long ago.

Northrend is a battleground between Orcish, Elven, Human and Forsaken forces, fighting over scraps of Titan tech which might make all the difference in the current wars. Dalaran has relocated to Pandaria to get out of the crossfire.

Pandaria is still in ruins from the War of the Sha, but remains more or less at peace. However, it has closed its borders and refuses access to all refugees and immigrants. Like the Last Horde, it has ceased all communication with the outside world, stirring only to fire upon any ships that sail to close.

The Troll Empire has been resurrected under Vol'jin and occupies the greater part of Southern Kalimdor. The Troll population remains mostly unharmed by the aftermath of the Draenor Disaster. Under Vol'jin's capable hands, Trolls of all tribes are gathered under a single banner and have begun to flourish. Though primarily a Troll state, it houses many members of the other races, primarily Night Elves, Orcs and Humans. It has become an ideal of hope and freedom in the eyes of many war-weary and frightened people as the rest of the world goes to hell. If Azeroth is to be saved, it will be by the Empire of Zul'Ushin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:26 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Another chance to repost my warcraft meets fallout idea? Okay!

"Warcraft. Warcraft never changes.

The Horde waged war for honor and wealth, stains on an empire from its lust for blood and territory. Arthas changed the ashes of Lordaeron into a worldwide superpower. But Warcraft... never changes. One Hundred years after the Battle of Mount Hyjal, war was still raged over the resources that could be acquired, but this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: phlogiston and thorium. For these resources the Horde would invade Kalimdor, the Forsaken would annex Stromgarde, and the Alliance would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Azeroth. In the year 120 ADP the storm of world war had come again, and in two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise. A few managed to reach the relative safety of the few underground titan vaults. Your family was part of that group that entered Uldaman. Imprisoned safety behind a magical door, under a mountain of stone, a generation has lived without knowledge of the outside world.

Life in the world of Warcraft... is about to change."
Old 11-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Wow. That's a very elaborate scenario you've got there, Archimedes.

Bleak as all get out, mind you.

So Argus was a mess, but what's going on with Draenor? If there are whole armies in there, that could be an important detail.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Wow. That's a very elaborate scenario you've got there, Archimedes.

Bleak as all get out, mind you.

So Argus was a mess, but what's going on with Draenor? If there are whole armies in there, that could be an important detail.
I gotta agree it sounds cool. I always forget how much you can really do when game mechanics aren't an issue.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:37 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building

Shit. I said Draenor when I meant Argus. Such a nub, l2lore. It should be the Argus Invasion and Draenor Disaster. Blegh.

But yeah. The idea is that the Argus thing was such a huge failure that we were forced to retreat to Draenor, which was then overrun by the Legion. The Portal's been sealed. Dalaran's in charge of making sure it doesn't open again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:43 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Let's say the story has a time skip. 20 years sounds good.

20 years after the war in Pandaria, where would you like the story to be? Factions, racial leaders, outside threats, geography changes, whatever.

You are not limited by game mechanics here. Go wild.
Story stalls mid point and cliff hangs over a series of sub par patches. Blizzard can't be bothered to update due to focusing all teams attention on Titan. No conclusion reached, people rage day in and day out now about Titan issues and have long forgotten WoW or it's story except the few bitter salty bastards who cared about lore. They are largely ignored and mocked.

End scene.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:17 PM

Echo of the Past

A bizarre, mysterious magic-disease wipes out the humans and the orcs. This also includes anyone who was formerly human or orc, such as many undead and worgen.

Everyone else picks up the pieces of Azeroth-world.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 PM

Elune

20 years wasn't long enough. So there.

"Elune-Adore, computer. Voice Command: On." A very feminine voice sounded in the darkness.

A small square screen quickly flared to bright white life, causing the woman to have to squint her eyes until they adjusted. "Computer on. Requesting command." It had a masculine voice, contrasting it's user's own.

"Voice Command: Search. Parameter: History of Azeroth."

"Ah, Saelendal. I see you're curious about the past. Shall we pick up where you left off?"

"Yes please, computer. We were just entering the period of peace." She was speaking Darnassian.

"Very well, Sae." The computer began detailing the history of their home planet, starting from a long period of peace once the Legion and Scourge had finally been wiped from the planet.

"As you know, the world settled into a long period of peace. However, as it had been many times before, the peace did not last. Even the peaceful Panderen were unable to stop the coming storm. The Forsaken, driven by a need for bodies to reanimate to continue their existance, invaded the Human kingdoms of Stormwind, the reconstructed Arathi, and Alterac reborn. Though they mounted a valiant defense, the attack was so swift, and so ferocious, that the Humans didn't stand much of a chance, even with their Worgen allies."

"I heard some of the Humans survived? What happened?"

"Records are conflicting. Genetically, the Humans survived for a time as both Worgen and Vrykul. However, the Humans as most people knew them," A hologram of a Human male and female sprung from a small port on the computer, spinning slowly in space. "Ceased to exist after the attacks."

"And the Forsaken, computer?" A hand tapped against the desk, another arm running up into the darkness, a curved, purple-skinned chin visible.

"The races of Azeroth, all of them, finally came to a consensus." The hologram turned to that of two rotting corpses. One looked male, the other one was smaller and relatively female-looking. The purple face cringed. "They decided that the Forsaken were a threat to the world at large, and that they would never rest until the rest of the world was like them."

The hologram again changed, this time to a hulking undead male, and a lithe, tall female. "The Banshee Queen, Sylvanas, and her new King, Varian Wrynn, were declared enemies of the world, and slated for execution by any means necessary."

She lifted up, gesturing to the computer. "Wait, wait. I thought Wrynn was the king of the Humans?"

"He was." The hologram changed to one of him as a Human, his prime, a sword in hand, clad in armor. "When Stormwind fell, he committed suicide, rather than fall and be reclaimed as a Forsaken. However, Sylvanas had other ideas. The Banshee Queen herself raised him, using secrets gleaned from the last of her Valkyr."

"The ones she received atop Icecrown, right?"

"That is correct, Sae. All others were assassinated, killed, or otherwise eliminated. Aglendine was the last surviving Valkyr." The hologram again changed to show the winged creature, and even Sae had to admit that she was strangely beautiful.

"What happened next?"

"The races of Azeroth went to war against the Forsaken. All except the Goblins. Historians later offered that this was perhaps a forshadowing of what was to come."

"One war at a time, computer." The face curled into a smirk, showing off what could be a sharp white fang.

"Apologies, Sae. The war council, led by our High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind, Baine Bloodhoof, Val'jin of the Trolls, Prophet Velen, Gelbin Mekkatorque, Greymane of the Worgen, Lor'themar Theron, Muradin of the Dwarves, Thrall of the Orcs, and the Aspect Queen Alexstraza, representing all of the combined Dragonflights, decreed Total War against the Forsaken. The ruins of Lordaeron were razed. Stormwind, Arathi, Alterac, the Plaguelands, Stratholme, all invaded, cleared, and burned by the Gnomish orbital superweapons. Every last Forsaken, detected and hunted by the Argent Inquisition, the Draenic Paladin organization formed for the purpose in honor of the Humans. Only once it was absolutely certain that every Forsaken on Azeroth was eliminated did the war finally end, leaving all of the Northern Eastern Kingdoms save the Sin'dorei lands, and a few select pockets of land elsewhere a blackened ruin."

A map of the affected areas flashed into life in the hologram, with large black swatches clearly visible. "We, the Tauren, and select members of the other races abhorred the wanton destruction, but it was the only way we could be assured that the Forsaken were entirely destroyed. Greymane himself executed the Banshee Queen on the field of battle, at cost of his own life."

"So much death..." She sighed. "And Wrynn?"

"When the Banhee Queen fell, her hold on the Forsaken was shattered. Wrynn and many of the Forsaken, long under her spell, were finally freed. Wrynn committed himself to a funeral pyre, declaring the Human Kingdoms officially dissolved."

"Was there finally peace?"

"For a time." The hologram faded. "The Draenei, seeing the last Legion driven from Azeroth, and the undead menace entirely destroyed, declared Azeroth a 'Haven In The Stars', a sanctuary for all life. An ironic title, though no one realized it at the time. They set out in their repaired ship, the Exodar, with volunteers from all surviving races, to invade Argus. The last of he Worgen, unable to procreate due to their curse, and aging slowly, travelled with them for one final blaze of glory. Contact was lost shortly after, and no further signs were detected. Current fate of the Draenei and their allies: Unknown."

"Well our mission wouldn't make sense if it was. Go on, computer." The Elf shifted, adjusting her position against the desk.

"The Goblins quickly assumed the mantle of the next greatest threat to the wellbeing of Azeroth. Their enthusiastic destruction of wildlife and flora, though it led to an industrial revolution, and advancement of all the races, soon created pits of toxic waste and pollution that even the least environmentally concerned among us, the Gnomes, could not ignore." The hologram flared to life again, showing a small green creature, with large ears, hands, and feet.

"They struck the first blow. Weapons, forged in secret, descended from Goblin fliers across the cities of the world. Entire cities, entire populations, destroyed in minutes. It took days for the rest of the world to regroup. It took years for the conflict to end. They called it the 'Azerothian Conflict'." A map of Azeroth, different from the one Sae was familiar with, flared to life. Pinpricks of light quickly flared across the globe, until nearly the entire surface was covered."

"Losses were extreme. The planet was nearly destroyed. Tyrande and her husband Malfurion fell on the shores of Vindrassil, the world tree only just sprouting after Darnassus burned. The Tauren were eliminated in a desperate last stand atop Thunder Bluff. The Orcs were barely able to hold Orgrimmar under Thrall's faded banner, a hero long after his death. The dragons were destroyed by a virulent infection that decimated their numbers from within, some say created long ago by the Aspect of Death, Deathwing. Or as you would know him, Xaxas." A large, molten, winged beast appeared in the hologram.

"Though the Goblins were finally defeated on the shores of Undermine, their tunnels filled with poisonous, radioactive gasses, the price paid by Azeroth was dear indeed."

"I know this part. Facing widespread death, we gathered examples of all species of animal and plant beneath Hyjal, nearly burned by the Goblins. We sent our last Druids into hibernation, waking only to breed, out of pure necessity."

"Indeed, Sae. I see you were not entirely asleep in most of your World History classes. We, ever the forward thinkers, had launched a project, in secret, under the leadership of our first male High Priest, and last leader of the Temple of Elune, Vin'siron the Honored. We had collected written, magical, and carved secrets and histories of the world, hidden away in secret caches throughout Azeroth by many of our finest scouts. A redeemed Maiev herself carried the final copy to it's resting place under the roots of burned Teldrassil."

"The Long Sleep."

"Indeed, Sae. The Long Sleep. The Honored Slumber. It was called many names, but it's purpose was singular: preserve life on Azeroth." An image of a slumbering Druid replaced the map that had been there previously.

"It was an inspired gesture. Without it ours would have become a dead world." The image slowly changed to one of a burning woodland, replaced by charred and blackened forest, which slowly regrew into a healthy, living wood. "Of course, new species emerged in the long milennia of slumber we faced, survivors of the apocalypse that had befallen us, and our Druids, and the children born of them over thousands of years, emerged to a changed, primal Azeroth."

A scene of elves, male and female, young and old, emerging from a long, buried hollow into the primal woodland played on the hologram. They looked around, amazed, at the woods around them. "The sleeping Druids didn't know what to expect when they finally emerged, but it was not the recovered woodland that they found. Life on Azeroth had recovered. Though much was lost."

"But we rebuilt, didn't we?"

"Indeed, Sae. The Night Elves were now the sole survivors of the once-great planet of Azeroth. With that role came many responsibilities, old promises given. And when the Elves emerged, they found gifts. Hyjal, Nordrassil, had completely recovered. With the tree healthy, the long-depleted blessings upon the World Tree had slowly recovered. The Night Elves emerged immortal once again, protectors of the planet, and eventually, of many."

"How long did it take us to get to this point, computer? To where we are now, since the emergence."

"My calendar places it as 18, 734 years, six months, and twenty-two days since The Great Awakening."

"Mmn. You can stop with the history lesson now, computer. I think I know the rest."
Old 11-18-2012, 04:38 PM

World Builder

Runes

Great writing sly, though I somehow doubt the goblins would destroy the world -on purpose-...
Old 11-18-2012, 04:39 PM

Elune

The contracts on restoration projects would make a mint.
And havent we seen goblins try alternative fuel sources, such as ashzarite and sillithid materials?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Great writing sly, though I somehow doubt the goblins would destroy the world -on purpose-...
Bad for business, that.