Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 02-20-2018, 03:21 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Sorry, too late to weasel out of this. You are using Nordic supremacist arguments to deprieve a people of an identity they've held for centuries in order to mock them and dehumanize them. You've revealed your true colors, Mr. Supremacist.
I don't think that's how it works. It's funny watching you try to twist your massive offense at it being suggested you're not white into me being racist somehow, though.
Member #14
Old 02-20-2018, 03:52 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I don't think that's how it works. It's funny watching you try to twist your massive offense at it being suggested you're not white into me being racist somehow, though.
Oh, it is precisely how this works. And some sneaky gibberish about "massive offense" that does not even concern me won't weasel you of this either, sweetie.

In the past, you have proven yourself to be a politically bigoted, violent, arms hoarding alcoholic. Now, we can also add Nordicist and ethno-bigot. Wonderful.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Oh, it is precisely how this works. And some sneaky gibberish about "massive offense" that does not even concern me won't weasel you of this either, sweetie.

In the past, you have proven yourself to be a politically bigoted, violent, arms hoarding alcoholic. Now, we can also add Nordicist and ethno-bigot. Wonderful.
While I appreciate your attempts to attack me personally, there's literally nothing racist about what I posted.
Member #14
Old 02-20-2018, 04:10 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

TL;DR: Only a true scottsman is allowed to be supremacist?
Old 02-20-2018, 04:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
TL;DR: Only a true scottsman is allowed to be supremacist?
It's more of a strange irony where these people have historically been discriminated against for being nonwhite, but now they've managed to jump the fence into "whiteness" in some minds, so now they want to do the discriminating against who they perceive as nonwhite.
Member #14
Old 02-21-2018, 03:00 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
It's more of a strange irony where these people have historically been discriminated against for being nonwhite, but now they've managed to jump the fence into "whiteness" in some minds, so now they want to do the discriminating against who they perceive as nonwhite.
When have Slavs been discriminated against for not being white?

I know the Nazis didn't think they were Herrenvolk, like us Aryan Germanic √úbermenchen, but that's not the same as not being white. Right?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
When have Slavs been discriminated against for not being white?
I presume he means those immigrants coming into the US during the 19th/20th century (same case with the Irish etc). There were also Anglo-Nordicists, but these were rather limited in a practical effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I know the Nazis didn't think they were Herrenvolk, like us Aryan Germanic √úbermenchen, but that's not the same as not being white. Right?
It was even more complicated than that, because even though the Slavs as a whole were not considered to be part of the Herrenvolk, many, many individual Slavs were (and sometimes, even whole groups, see the Gorals -> Goralenvolk for example), considering them not true Slavs, but slavicised Herrenvolk. Hence the grand Umvolkung (roughly translated as re-Germanisation) plans all across the occupied Slavic territories.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:

Why am I not surprised.

Quote:
Race has never been a problem in European politics, it's all about culture, religion, and such. There's no racial problems against whites, and no racial problems against other races.

Literally, the only place in the world where racism is a thing is America. No one else gives a fuck about your obsession with race outside of your bubble, sans the typical progressive retards, whose ideas come from you anyway, and the supremacists, whose ideas also come from you as well.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-21-2018, 10:05 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Literally, the only place in the world where racism is a thing is America. No one else gives a fuck about your obsession with race outside of your bubble, sans the typical progressive retards, whose ideas come from you anyway, and the supremacists, whose ideas also come from you as well.
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=racism+in+europe

https://twitter.com/ENAREurope
Old 02-21-2018, 12:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Race has never been a problem in European politics, it's all about culture, religion, and such. There's no racial problems against whites, and no racial problems against other races.

ROFL
Yes, nobody in Europe has ever done anything bad against the Jews or the Roma or any number of other races/ethnicities. Krainz has some nice links there for you, too.
Member #14
Old 02-21-2018, 01:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
ROFL
Yes, nobody in Europe has ever done anything bad against the Jews or the Roma or any number of other races/ethnicities. Krainz has some nice links there for you, too.
That didn't happen because of race. But I don't think you're able to understand it, since you're obsessed with racial prejudices anyway.

Considering your viewpoints on what's white or not, I don't expect you to realize cultural differences are and can be more powerful than petty things like skin color.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-21-2018, 01:26 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

You gotta put more skill points into charisma and diplomacy, Kakwakas, my man!

Anyway, by will of the Mandate of Heaven, it is my duty to request that you please lay this topic aside.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:25 AM

Elune

Since we're forced to change topics anyway, I've found this is apparently a controversial topic somehow...

It is entirely unacceptable for anyone to eat dogs. It's basically half a step above cannibalism. Dogs have been with us for 15,000 to 30,000 years. They were the first species domesticated by humans. So long ago that it is easily said that we've evolved together for thousands and thousands of years. They've nearly domesticated us as much as we have them. Everywhere you find people, you will find dogs.

Eating them is completely fucked up and unacceptable. Even excluding moral issues, they're impractical to raise for meat and you'd be better off raising any variety of actual food animal in their place and get better returns. There's basically no reason to eat them other than being a sick individual or being about to starve to death (at which point even cannibalism can be argued as acceptable).

I don't think there's any reasonable argument against this, but I've made people upset by saying it before.
Member #14
Old 02-23-2018, 06:40 AM

Elune

Well, "food" animals have been evolving with us for 15-8k years too. Not much of an argument there. Not to mention the moral argument is trivial to shoot down by simple equivalence to other animals. South Park did a good job of mocking this viewpoint in the episode where Stan sets out to stop Japanese whaling.

Though ironically while they are right in principle the example is bad since whales are rare and too intelligent to be slaughtered.

My only objection to eating dogs is that it is inefficient, better fatten up some piglets. I'd probably still be grossed out at the thought of eating dog but that is more of an ingrained cultural thing than a moral one.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Well, "food" animals have been evolving with us for 15-8k years too. Not much of an argument there. Not to mention the moral argument is trivial to shoot down by simple equivalence to other animals. South Park did a good job of mocking this viewpoint in the episode where Stan sets out to stop Japanese whaling.

Though ironically while they are right in principle the example is bad since whales are rare and too intelligent to be slaughtered.
Dogs have been with us for thousands of years longer and were not domesticated for food. For tens of thousands of years, they've been bred to be our friends, hunting partners, coworkers, and brothers-in-arms. They may have even given us the edge to beat out Neanderthals. Comparing them to any other animal is a false equivalence.

Quote:
My only objection to eating dogs is that it is inefficient, better fatten up some piglets. I'd probably still be grossed out at the thought of eating dog but that is more of an ingrained cultural thing than a moral one.
From a practical standpoint, yes, it makes no sense to raise dogs for food. That just makes it even worse when people do.
Member #14
Old 03-01-2018, 11:38 PM

Elune

...Did South Africa just go full Zimbabwe? How long until they all starve?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8234461.html
Member #14
Old 03-03-2018, 06:39 PM

World Builder

Quote:
...Did South Africa just go full Zimbabwe? How long until they all starve?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8234461.html

Goddamnit, you'd think some part of the world wouldn't be going to shit.

EDIT:

Just read the last few pages.

Did Kakwa and Marthen really have a back and forth where they both accused the other of secretly being white supremacists?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 03-03-2018 at 06:45 PM..
Old 03-05-2018, 08:01 AM

Eternal

Italian Elections were last night, went as well as expected.
Right Wing Coalition: 37%
Five Star Movement (Populists): 32%
Left WIng Coalition: 23%

With the remainder being split up among a bunch of other smaller parties.
The New Italian system gives a majority once a coalition has reached 40%, they changed it since Italy has a habit of being really unstable.

From what I can tell, in terms of seats the breakdown is as follows:
Right wing coalition: 252 seats
Five Star Movement: 235 seats
Left wing coalition: 115 seats

For the Senate
Right wing coalition: 134 seats
Five Star Movement: 114 seats
Left wing coalition: 51 seats

As far as for what may happen. there's likely not going to be an EU referendum despite The Northern League (biggest faction in RWC) and Five Star being Anti-EU however there's a possibility of the reintroduction of the lira as five star and the League have both made mentions of doing such.

All in all, fun times.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

5 star movement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
Italian Elections were last night, went there's a possibility of the reintroduction of the lira as five star and the League have both made mentions of doing such.
No chance whatsoever.
Nobody is serious about this, you just have a few people mentioning it to old nostalgic people and promptly forgetting about it.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:14 PM

Elune

Sooo, what's the appropriate response when one government performs a nerve gas attack on someone in another country?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/07/europ...ntl/index.html
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 03-11-2018 at 08:28 PM..
Old 03-11-2018, 09:07 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Did Kakwa and Marthen really have a back and forth where they both accused the other of secretly being white supremacists?
Sounds like something a secret white supremacist would ask
Old 03-15-2018, 07:20 PM

Troubadour

Shit is going down in Brazil

For some context, three and a half weeks ago a military intervention started in Rio de Janeiro

http://www.businessinsider.com/brazi...l-model-2018-2
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/wor...s/201802280262
https://www.huffpostbrasil.com/entry...b0117adf71037c
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...302-story.html

Yesterday, Marielle, a politician, was executed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ed-killing-rio

Things Marielle was doing:
  • Fought for extended hours in daycare centers
  • Denounced summary executions during the military intervention
  • She was also the rapporteur of the committee which was to supervise the intervention

In other news,

What the picture says is basically that the Rio de Janeiro Police Dept refused help from the Federal Police Corps, saying they have all the resources to solve the case.

The populace is furious, hence it's clear they have all the resources to cover up the case.

These are dark times.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:10 AM

World Builder

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that Krainz, that's really shitty

On similarly shitty news: I can't READ most of the stuff on the twitter accounts Kir gave us to use to keep track of shit in the Ukraine, but it seems like stuff's still shitty there too.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-18-2018, 07:36 PM

Troubadour

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black