Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 AM

Eternal

Loot Bag The Video Game Industry News, Discussions, and Misc Fun Thread

It's time once again for E3 2013.

Where console peasants come together to maybe talk about some video games.

Where we get hyped up for that new shooting game that features old men over the age of 30 shooting at various things. There might be a poor innocent girl you might have to protect while you're at it. It'll make things "Cool" and "Deep" and it would be nothing like "The Walking Dead" by Telltales.

Maybe another Assasins Creed game.

Where Microsoft will continuously dodge questions about their data mining platform disguised as All-In-One entertainment console that is trying to do the things that a PC can.

There also might be dogs and...TVSPORTSMOVIESTVSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPO RTSMOVIESTVSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPORTSMO VIESTVSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPORTSMOVIEST VSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPORTSMOVIESTVSPOR TSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTY

and "Exclusive xbox one games" which may or may not be Kinect games.

Prepare your collective bodies (And maybe rectal cavities) for some new Nintendo GAMES. Hell freezes over when the revelation comes that Luigi is getting his own platforming game and to add more: It actually looks like hell.

And Miyamoto continues to look awesome. Zelda, Mario, and the rise of the intergalactic Pikmin army and MORE VIDEO GAMES.

EDIT: It also has been brought to my attention that there is also: Super Smash Brothers Universe and Bayonetta 2 which is a WiiU exclusive, apparently.

Sony will talk about more games featuring those old men and the release of the third Final Fantasy 13 game Titled: Female Cloud Returns: Final Fantasy 13, The Third Game (Please buy this game so that we can break even on the money we spent for cinematics, hallways, and a "Good" and "Original" story. We can no longer create traditional RPG games.)

Maybe there will be another Kingdom Hearts spinoff where the story will focus on losers who are not the main character. While people continue to cry for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Then we'll have the Witcher 3, the much anticipated open world finale of the game series. Which hopefully won't go the way of Mass Effect 3.

http://www.e3countdown.com/

Will be your resource for upcoming conferences. What are you looking forward to this E3? Want to make fun of awkward men standing stiffly on a stage? Cringe moments? Talk about it in THIS THREAD.

Last edited by Nazja; 03-27-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 AM

Hypersensitive

All I really care for is some 3DS news. Pokemon, Zelda, etc. The system is finally hitting its stride and being more than just a DS1.5

Some Lightning Returns details would be cool too(screw you all, I liked XIII).

Oh and this is the last year where we could hear some stuff on the cool-looking-but-probably-dead Last Guardian from Sony.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:22 AM

Eternal

You reminded me about Pokemon X and Y.

I think that game will be one of Nintendo's biggest guns since i believe that game will be a 3DS only title. So i guess they'll try to use the new Pokemon game and the fact that it is going to be a world wide release as an incentive to buy the 3DS.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:39 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

This E3 has the potential to be the most fun in a looong time. I keep seeing this mention of 15 Xbox One exclusive games with 8 being new franchises. I can't help but feel that number is either exaggerated or they are just dumb kinect things.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:40 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I'm looking forward to Nintendo stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 06-09-2013, 02:44 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Telltale's been hyping the announcement of something called "The Walking Dead: 400 Days" at e3; it won't be season 2 though.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragemantle View Post
This E3 has the potential to be the most fun in a looong time. I keep seeing this mention of 15 Xbox One exclusive games with 8 being new franchises. I can't help but feel that number is either exaggerated or they are just dumb kinect things.
Who cares? It's not like anyone's gonna buy a product that has a featurelist consisting of nothing but restrictions.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Banished

I hope that Bayonetta 2 shows up

Old 06-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Who cares? It's not like anyone's gonna buy a product that has a featurelist consisting of nothing but restrictions.
The real question is can Micro$oft go maximum retard at E3 after they went full retard at the Xbox One conference or is the console still salvageable.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:33 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Old 06-11-2013, 07:54 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 PM

World Builder

Runes

More like Microsoft shot itself in the foot and fumbled down a flight of stairs while Nintendo and Sony just look on like 'what were you even thinking?'

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
More like Microsoft shot itself in the foot and fumbled down a flight of stairs while Nintendo and Sony just look on like 'what were you even thinking?'
Sony definitely gloated.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Banished

I actually haven't been paying attention so What did MS do so bad and Sony so well than MS is being treated as a joke?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 PM

Site Staff - News

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I actually haven't been paying attention so What did MS do so bad and Sony so well than MS is being treated as a joke?
The gist? They completely screwed their system feature announcement and haven't recovered yet. Partially because people still don't like some of their controversial features (once a day mandatory sign in, limited game trading/sharing/reselling ability) with a relatively expensive home entertainment system/console at $500 US.

Sony, on the other hand, pretty much has a console with the none (that I've heard about so far) of the controversial features from the XBox One, a console with probably better hardware (spec wise, from what I can see) and for $400 US.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
You have those pictures backwards.

Xbox is Tony Stark. The drunk, but brilliant guy who put on a bad show the week before.

Hammer is PS4. The guy who capitalized on good fortune and made a great ass performance.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
EDIT: It also has been brought to my attention that there is also: Super Smash Brothers Universe and Bayonetta 2 which is a WiiU exclusive, apparently.
Damn you, Nintendo! The only reason why I ever bothered to purchase a Gamecube and Wii was so I could play Melee and Brawl, respectively, all because I feel so hopelessly in love with the N64 variant that initiated the franchise in the first place! If earning my Masters degree wasn't so important to me right now...

And yes, I just now discovered this thread.

Last edited by Amaile; 06-12-2013 at 12:57 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 04:04 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:20 PM

Site Staff - News

Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
I will be sure to show my gratitude to Microsoft for this new feature by playing Killer Instinct while fapping.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:15 PM

Elune

So I'm late but I just gotta say I love how Master Chief is wearing a cloak over his armor in the Halo 4 trailer.

I don't really play Halo but I just had to comment on that.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
So I'm late but I just gotta say I love how Master Chief is wearing a cloak over his armor in the Halo 4 trailer.

Yeah.. That actually really bothered me.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
Yeah.. That actually really bothered me.
Could be hundreds of reasons he was wearing that heavy cloak. I'm not bothered by it at all, I thought it was badass.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:44 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:

He can't get chilly?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:

They ran out of ways to shock everyone with a teaser of Halo !! No one expected it as i honestly thought it was going to be Destiny or a new IP ..lol.

Tags
damn cubes, general thread, literally video games, video games, wololo